Dave Sperling Presents The....
2. Wayne doesn't know for sure what he's going to do tomorrow. He'll "play it by ear."
Wayne will listen to his friend tomorrow.
Wayne will make a definite plan for tomorrow.
Wayne won't make a definite plan for tomorrow.
3. When Robert met his girlfriend after a long separation, he told her that she was a "sight for sore eyes."
Robert told his girlfriend that he was happy to see her.
Robert told his girlfriend that his eyes were sore.
Robert told his girlfriend that she had pretty eyes.
4. Jack told his wife to "keep her eyes peeled" for a gas station because they were almost out of gas.
Jack told his wife that they were out of gas.
Jack told his wife to look at the gas station.
Jack told his wife to look for a gas station.
5. The Japanese and American negotiators had been meeting for ten hours, but they still couldn't "see eye-to-eye" on many important issues.
The negotiators couldn't agree.
The negotiators couldn't see clearly.
The negotiators couldn't look at each other.
6. The way that Cindy was fired from her job "left a bad taste in her mouth."
Cindy ate some strange food.
Cindy was fired because she said something rude.
Cindy had some bad feelings about being fired.