Dave Sperling Presents The....
2. "I'll be in touch" means that I'll _______ later.
3. "Uh-huh" is a very informal way of saying _______.
I don't know
4. If someone answers a question by saying, "Beats me," he/she means that
he/she thinks the question is stupid
he/she doesn't understand you
he/she doesn't know the answer
5. People say, "Chin up!" when they want to _______ someone.
6. When someone says, "I see where you're coming from," his/her meaning is
"I know where you live."
"I understand your thinking/reasons."
"I can guess your nationality."
7. If you give your opinion on something and hear the response "Well, to
each his own," the person you are speaking to _______.
doesn't agree, but is too polite to say so
thinks your idea is creative and original
wants you to explain in more detail
8. "Don't look a gift horse in the mouth" means that you _______ something
that's given to you.
shouldn't appear too eager to accept
should be very suspicious of
shouldn't be too critical of
9. If someone "has a short fuse," he or she _______.
is easy to upset and make angry
can't concentrate for a very long period of time
never has a strong opinion about anything
10. If someone says he/she has had "one of those days," he/she means that
the day has been _______.
so normal that it was boring
busy, unpredictable, and frustrating
full of unexpected (but pleasant) surprises