Dave Sperling Presents The....
2. I'd better "get a move on" means I need to _______.
decide what to do
3. Getting somewhere "in time" means arriving there _______.
earlier than expected
just a little bit late
before it's too late
4. A "ewe" is a female _______.
5. If I give you "my two cents' worth," I give you _______.
a very small amount of money
something you can't use
6. If someone says "Hold it!," he/she wants you to _______.
stop what you're doing
pick something up
work harder or move faster
7. When the response to a question is "Beats me," the person responding
means that he/she _______.
doesn't know the answer
thinks the question is stupid
wants you to ask the question again
8. "I really pigged out" means that I _______.
behaved very badly
wasn't neat or organized
ate too much
9. Someone who "ticks you off" makes you feel _______.
sad and lonely
angry or upset
10. A "tabloid" is a kind of _______.