|Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg|
Hanseo University is now hiring English Language Professors for School Year 2020-2021.
Posted By: Hanseo University
Date: Thursday, 2 January 2020, at 5:03 p.m.
Seosan City, Chungcheognam-do | Full-Time English Language Professor - Year to Year Contract.
Campus Location: 46. Hanseo 1-ro, Haemi-Myun, Seosan-Si, Chungcheognam-do, Republic of Korea, 31962
Position Type: Full-Time Faculty- Year to Year Contract
Salary: Starting at 35 – 40 Million Korean Won (including housing stipend) Contract Period: March 1, 2020, to February 28, 2021
Housing Stipend: 3 Million Korean Won
Health Insurance: Korea National Health Insurance
Vacation: Paid vacations-no winter or summer camps required
Pension: Private Pension Fund
Application period: January 02 - 15, 2020
Looking for two tracks:
1. Teach conversational English and grammar to Freshmen & Juniors students.
2. Focus on Residential Program called AT (Aviation Tourism) - looking for only female teachers who will teach female students who want to be flight attendants. The teacher will teach 12 hours night class program from 6:30 PM to 9:30 PM Mondays through Thursdays for 15 weeks. The teacher will also teach one regular 3 credit class with Aviation Tourism students on Tuesdays 1 PM ~ 4 PM. This position comes with free housing in a female dormitory and housing stipend will be still provided.
Please indicate which track you are interested in applying for.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Teach conversational English and grammar.
· Teach 18 credit hours per week.
· Evaluate and measure student performance through an examination.
· Plan and organize instructional materials to meet course objectives.
· Participate in a variety of departmental, campus and university-wide programs, activities and department meetings.
· Prepare and submit student grades and evaluations to the Administration Department and the Department of General Studies.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· 4 years total experience combining education and work history (Example: Master's degree (2 years) and 2 years of university teaching experience or bachelor’s degree and 4 years of university teaching experience).
· Elementary, middle, high school teaching experience counts as 50% of employment period (Example: A 2-year employment period counts as one year of experience).
· Please note that you must meet the minimum teaching experience to be considered for an interview.
· All educational degrees must be from an accredited institution.
· Familiarity with and use of collaborative learning techniques and student-centered methods of instruction.
· Ability to function well in a technological environment and willing to use technological tools in instruction.
· Possess excellent communication skills and have the ability to communicate effectively with students who may have a range of skills.
· Possess excellent interpersonal skills.
· Ability to work well with students, faculty, and staff.
· Ability to work in a multi-ethnic/multicultural environment.
· Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include evening classes.
★★★ Required Documents
1) Copy of the information page of passport.
2) Resume (must include the following information).
- Current mailing address, email address, and contact number.
- Entrance and graduation date for each academic degree.
- Start and finish date for each past employer.
3) Copies of all certificates of degrees (undergraduate, master's, Ph.D.): the final degree need to be apostilled or notarized by the Korean consulate (or embassy) in your home country
4) Copies of all academic transcripts earned (undergraduate, master’s, Ph.D.) .
5) Proof of working experience (all items indicated on the resume; showing the date of employment).
6) Passport style photo (Printed photos of applicants (3.5 cm*4.5 cm) 2 copies, due upon hiring).
7) Copy of Alien Registration Card (front and back).
8) Copy of letter of consent from the previous/current employer (original letter needs during visa application).
9) Letter of consent for degree/employment verification signed and return (attached form).
10) Two letters of recommendation.
11) Medical Certificate from the general hospital in Korea (공무원 채용 신체 검사).
*Upon hiring, please submit the medical Certificate (공무원 채용 신체 검사) in the Office of Administration at Hanseo University within the specified deadline. ‘Gongmuwon Chaeyong Shichae Geomsa’ can be obtained at a nearby hospital.
12) Copy of National Criminal Background Check with apostille.
(Two copies for applicants outside Korea/One copy for applicants changing workplaces inside Korea )
13) Completed Hanseo University application form (attached form).
Click the web link below to download the application forms (Application Form, Letter of Consent for Degree and Employment Verification, and Applicant Health statement) and fill out.
Application forms (applicants changing workplaces inside Korea)
Application forms (applicants outside Korea)
Click the web link below to proceed for the application.
English Professor (Applicant Changing Workplaces inside Korea)
English Professor (Applicants Outside Korea)
*Please note that incomplete applications will not be reviewed by our hiring committee.
**Please note that previously applied applicants no need to re-apply.
★ Interview Procedure for Applicants Inside Korea
· We will email you the date and time of the interview. During the interview, there will be 5-10 minutes of teaching demonstration. Materials for teaching demonstration will be sent via email to the selected applicants.
★ Interview Procedure for Applicants Outside Korea
· The interview will be conducted via Skype on one designated day (TBA) only. During the interview, there will be 5-10 minutes of teaching demonstration. Materials for teaching demonstration will be sent via email to the selected applicants.
|Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg|
Dave's ESL Cafe Korean Job Board is maintained by Dave Sperling with WebBBS 4.33.