|Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg|
Elementary and ESL Substitute Teaching Position
Posted By: Gyeongnam International Foreign School <[email protected]>
Date: Monday, 7 October 2019, at 1:18 p.m.
Substitute Teacher: 2,690,000 - 3,260,000 Won per month
This would be a 5 to 6-month contract as a substitute teacher.
Qualifications and expectations
Gyeongnam International Foreign School (GIFS), which is located in Sacheon, a small town near Jinju in Gyeongsangnam-do South Korea, is looking for qualified and certified Teacher who can start to teach from November 1st, 2019.
We currently have an elementary grade 3 Homeroom teacher off ill and then we will have our ESL Coordinator/teacher take maternity leave from January. We are looking for someone suitable to initially substitute for our grade 3 Homeroom class, followed by substituting for our ESL Coordinator.
Gyeongnam International Foreign School (GIFS) is a small and diverse co-ed Pre-K-12 educational institution catering to expats who have moved to South Korea for work. We pride ourselves on delivering a quality educational experience both in the class and through our extra-curricular activities.
Experience and expectations:
- Classroom experience in primary / elementary grades 3 and ESL teaching preferred
- A dynamic and enthusiastic personality to deliver engaging lessons to students and facilitate learning
- Experience in or ability to meet American Common Core State Standards
- Certified/accredited Teacher
- Experience and willingness to work in a collaborative environment
- Willing and able to try new educational approaches and be technologically competent
- Competent to modify programme and pedagogy where necessary
- IB experience not required, but an added bonus
- Ability to develop and execute creative learning opportunities based on student needs, interests, and
- Develop and maintain communication with parents regarding academic progress
- A dynamic, flexible, and enthusiastic personality to motivate students while teaching multiple grade levels.
- The ability to develop and maintain student behaviour and discipline policies.
- Cooperate with colleagues to evaluate and enhance curricular programs for academic excellence.
- As a small school, any additional teaching credentials are a plus (Computers, ESL etc)
- Experience and willingness to be a part of our after-school activities
- The opportunity to be part of a growing and developing school
- A truly international student body with small focused classroom opportunities
- A friendly close-knit, dedicated and hard-working team
- A clean environment that has excellent opportunities for nature lovers
Benefits & Taxes
• Airfare allowance
• Housing: Studio furnished apartment that is comfortable and conveniently situated
• Insurance: Local health insurance plan via the Korean National Health Plan will be co-shared
• Lunch programme: The employer shall provide a school lunch on any regular school day or any staff
• Paid vacation (Fall, Winter, Spring Break, and Holidays): Vacations are determined per the official school
• Income tax will be deducted at the standard national rate
- Scanned transcripts (for our files, originals are no longer required)
- Resume (with a recent photo) and Cover letter, explaining your goals and motivations for teaching in
- 1 copy of university diploma
- For Canadians, notarized by a notary public and certified by Korean consulate.
- For others, the diploma needs to be notarized and apostilled.
- A scan/copy is fine for the initial application.
- Please note that the Korean Ministry of Education may require an original diploma to be presented after
- Copy of inside passport page with name, photo, date of birth, and nationality clearly shown.
- Two letters of recommendation, written by former employers with contact information for checking
- Copy of teacher certification and or other relevant certifications.
- Applicant's Health Statement (after offer of employment is made, please note that drug tests have been
fully reinstated by Korean immigration)
- A criminal record check certificate. Again, scan is fine for initial application.
- In order to accept the position at GIFS, a criminal record certificate must be prepared in advance.
- Please note Federal checks are now required (not state or local municipality).
- All documents can be submitted through mail or e-mail.
The initial documents that must be submitted are the resume and cover letter. We recommend you start collecting the other documents as well, as the collection process can be time-consuming.
It is also important for you to be up to date on the latest Korean employment and immigration rules and regulations. Therefore, we strongly advise you to please contact your nearest Korean consulate to confirm any recent changes.
Please contact [email protected]
|Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg|
Dave's ESL Cafe Korean Job Board is maintained by Dave Sperling with WebBBS 4.33.