|Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg|
Non-tenure track, full-time positions at Kyonggi University, Suwon, South Korea
Posted By: Kyonggi University <[email protected]>
Date: Monday, 10 June 2019, at 3:56 p.m.
Kyonggi University is recruiting foreign professors to join our College English division as of September 1st 2019.
[Application area] College English
[Volume of recruitment] 10 persons
a. Native speakers from English-speaking countries holding a
Native speakers from English-speaking countries holding a master's degree + one of the following: (1) at least two years of full-time teaching experience at college or university as an assistant, associate, full professor or (2) at least four years of teaching experience at college or university as a part-time instructor, adjunct professor, visiting professors, etc.
* Careers of a language school and a lifelong education center are not considered
* The period of study for a degree is not included in a teaching experience, if the period of teaching and study are overlapped.
(up to two years for a master's degree / three years for a doctorate degree / five years for master's degree and doctorate degree)
b. An applicant who is not disqualified for the appointment as a private university faculty. (an applicant who is not disqualified for the regulation of Article 33 of the National Public Service Law, ¡°Civil Service Act¡±)
c. An application of an applicant who has been dismissed due to the failure of contract renewal through the contract-renewal-evaluation since September 1st 2016. is not acceptable.
[EMPLOYMENT CONDITIONS & BENEFITS]
a. Position : Assistant professor (E-1 visa required)
b. Period of contract : Two years with a possible extension upon evaluation
c. Duty hours : Teaching 15 hours of credit courses per week during the academic semester
* Salary will be curtailed based on teaching hours unless the professor meets the required teaching hours.
* In case of teaching more than the required teaching hours per week, the professor will be paid extra at the overtime rate set by Kyonggi University.
d. Office hours : Minimum 4 hours per week (basically professors should work for five days a week)
e. Work place : Suwon Campus with a possibility of being assigned classes at the Seoul Campus.
f. Starting annual salary : 32.4 million Korean Won
* Housing or housing support is not provided
g. Benefit : Subsidized Korea Teachers Pension and medical insurance
I. Retiring allowance : It will be given by the Korea Teacher's Pension Center after resignation
College English (conversation, grammar, writing, presentation, etc.)
(forms of resume, self introduction, teaching plan are included)
[form download] ¢º
b. A letter of consent (agreement to collect and use personal information)
[to download the form, refer to ¡°[form download]¡± above]
c. Degree certificates (bachelor's, master's (doctorate, if applicable))
d. Official transcripts of all courses of bachelor's, master's
(doctorate, if applicable) degree
e. Career certificates officially issued by all of the previous organizations that worked for
* Information of the department, position, work period(beginning date
and resignation date should be written) should be included on the
* Submit proof of current employment if applicable.
f. Copies of any other certificates (if applicable)
* Before submitting, write the sentence ¡°This document is an exact copy of the original¡± on each copy.
g. A copy of passport (front page)
h. A copy of the alien registration card (both front and back)_(if applicable)
i. Other documents required for E-1 visa and employment
(The university will notify when the appointment are determined)
* If any content of documents submitted turns out to be false, the university will cancel the employment contract, regardless of whether employment has commenced.
* If the documents are not printed in Korean or English, the applicant should submit the additional documents translated in Korean or English
* Submitted documents will not be returned.
[Note for submitting documents]
a. Use ONLY the application form provided by the university otherwise the university will not review the application.
b. The university accepts applications ONLY by e-mail ([email protected])
c. An applicant is responsible for the disadvantage caused by any
recording mistake on an application, an application of an applicant
who is not eligible for the appointment as government employee, a
situation that an applicant is out of touch.
a. Application deadline: by June 26th (Wed) 2019.
(submit to [email protected])
b. Announcement of the result for screening & evaluation
: July 12th (Fri) 2019.
(announcement will be sent to successful candidate of screening
& evaluation only)
c. Demo lesson & interview : from July 18th ~ 19th 2019.
* Interview by Skype is possible when an applicant is abroad for the period only.
d. Final announcement : within August 2019.
(depending on the Board of Trustee's schedule)
* Dates and time are based on Korean Standard Time.
* Only those applicants whose application has passed the screening
will be called in for demo lesson & interview.
* Announcement will be notified by e-mail only and an applicant
has to visit the university on the designated date for demo lesson
* Schedules may be subject to change depending on the entire
university's schedule. Applicants must check the job-ad until the
final day of this posting.
* If there is no eligible candidate the university may not hire.
* A final successful candidate will be hired as a faculty for
specialized on foreign language and will be contracted for
2years(with a possible extension upon evaluation).
Terms and procedure of the evaluation for contract renewal follow
the regulations regarding the faculty-personnel-policy and the
regulations regarding the faculty for specialized areas of Kyonggi
* If any content of the application and document is not true,
employment will be canceled.
* If any result of the inquiries related to employment (including the
result of medical check up, academic background, career,
qualification for application) is not eligible for appointment or not
true, employment will be canceled.
* If an application arrives after the deadline, the application won't be accepted.
* Documents submitted are not returned.
a. Submit all documents by e-mail ([email protected])
a. E-mail: [email protected]
b. College English Office : +82-31-249-9269 (from abroad),
|Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg|
Dave's ESL Cafe Korean Job Board is maintained by Dave Sperling with WebBBS 4.33.