|Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg|
*** Teach Adults at the British Council in Seoul this Summer***
Posted By: British Council Korea <[email protected]>
Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2019, at 1:59 p.m.
The British Council Korea is currently looking for enthusiastic and qualified English Language teachers holding F-type visas in Korea who will be able to work full time for six weeks in July and August 2019 (1st July 2019 to 16th August 2019). We are recruiting teachers for our Euljiro, Gangnam and Jamsil Teaching Centres.
• CELTA: - 3,600,000 KRW for 6 weeks. 18 hours of teaching per week. One week break in the middle of the program (22nd July-26th July).
Teachers must be available for the whole period and be available on Saturday, 29th June for induction. Teachers will be doing 18 hours of teaching per week for 6 weeks. Monday-Friday (5 days a week). The teaching across the 5 days may be unevenly distributed. E.g. 18 hours across five days. Teachers will have Saturday and Sunday off.
Teachers will be teaching our intensive courses. These courses will most likely be teaching lower level learners from Starter, Elementary to Pre-Intermediate using a coursebook. The focus of the courses is on improving General English Skills focused on developing the 4 skills and vocabulary and grammar.
* F visa holders only
* Must hold a passport from an English-speaking country; UK, Ireland, US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and South Africa
* University degrees must be from a country where English is the nation's first language.
* Must be available for the whole period and the induction (29th June). The whole period will run 1st July 2019 to August 16th 2019 and include a one week unpaid break.
Skills & Knowledge & Experience
ESSENTIAL - Cambridge CELTA / Trinity CertTESOL or equivalent (this must include face-to-face teaching practice)
- High proficiency in English i.e. full mastery of English across all 4 skills equivalent to user (CEFR C2) IELTS Band 9 in each of 4 sections of the academic module
- Undergraduate / university degree
2 years full-time experience with a variety of levels including Adult classes.
Experience in teaching relevant age groups: Adults General English 18+ (960+ hours)
Experience teaching English to low level learners (e.g. Starter and Elementary)
- Classroom management
- Course and lesson planning
- Subject knowledge
- Understanding your learners
- Learning technologies
1. Plan, prepare, and deliver high quality English language teaching that meets the needs of different customer groups taking into account individual learning styles
2. Monitor progress and provide regular feedback to help manage students' performance throughout the course and actively promote learner autonomy
3. Contribute to the development, evaluation, and improvement of English language courses, materials, and related services in order to meet students' needs by actively working as a member of the teaching team
4. Complete teaching related administrative tasks to specified standards
5. Engage in professional development and performance management to ensure quality and high standards in teaching and learning and maintain British Council's position at the forefront of best ELT practices
6. Contribute to the development of lasting, mutually beneficial relationships by enhancing students' understanding of contemporary UK
7. Support local marketing and promotional strategy and assist the teaching centre team in delivering excellent customer service
8. Ensure safeguarding and guidelines are applied and upheld in line with standards and policy for the following areas:
- Child protection
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
- Health and safety
Context and Environment
The British Council is the UK’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. Through English teaching, we are able to directly impact on individuals’ lives by creating life changing opportunities, breaking down barriers and helping to build trust worldwide.
The English business unit’s goals are to deliver more widespread and better quality English language teaching. The opportunity to do this in Korea is based on the huge demand for English from a hard-working and aspirational audience.
The British Council Korea has expanded rapidly over the past five years and is now based in seven locations across Seoul. The head office is located near City Hall, in the historical, cultural and political centre of Seoul and our three Adult Teaching Centres are based in Euljiro, a short walk from City Hall; Gangnam, a lively, commercial area, south of the Han River; and Jamsil a popular area in the east side of Seoul. Our Adult Teaching Centres run myClass courses only and we currently have more than 2800 students studying with us with more growth planned for the future. More information about myClass can be found on our homepage.
Other important information
Tax: 8.8% of income tax will be deducted from the monthly salary
If interested, please send your CV to [email protected]
Closing Date: 12 May 2019 (Please apply ASAP as the interviews will be arranged on a first come first served basis)
Please make sure information below is clearly stated in the cover email when application is sent to us.
• Visa type with expiry date
• Teaching qualification (CELTA /Cert TESOL)
Please note that only the shortlisted applicants will be invited to an interview and non-shortlisted candidates will not be contacted.
|Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg|
Dave's ESL Cafe Korean Job Board is maintained by Dave Sperling with WebBBS 4.33.