|Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg|
Foreign Faculty Full-time Position - Department of English Education - Hankuk University of Foreign Studies, Seoul
Posted By: Hankuk University of Foreign Studies <[email protected]>
Date: Friday, 28 September 2018, at 1:08 p.m.
1. Period: March 1, 2019 - February 29, 2020
(The contract may be extended before last contract year finished)
Full-time Theory Faculty position
In order to be qualified as a member of the Theory faculty, the faculty member should be either
(1) one who has been, by the commencement of employment at the University, a member of a full-time faculty for two years or more at a university or college in the country where the language concerned is spoken, or
(2) one who has a doctoral degree, speaks the standard variety of the language, and is deemed qualified to teach at the University.
-Full Professor: 5,236,000 KRW (Korean Currency)
-Associate Professor: 4,668,100 KRW
-Assistant Professor: 1) 4,082,100 KRW, 2) 3,498,600 KRW
(*Depending on his or her former educational and teaching experience either 1) or 2) will apply.)
- The position can be different from the present position in your country.
- Additional payment for any extra teaching load shall be made on the basis of the pay-scale for foreign instructors. In case the foreign faculty teaches less than the minimum required load, the salary payment will be deducted based on the deficiency.
4. Minimum load of teaching hours
- The faculty member should teach a minimum of eight hours a week
- The faculty member should be present at the University for four days or more each week.
5. Airfare Support: One-way airplane ticket from (departure) to Seoul
(economy class for the faculty member and his/her spouse only)
- Airplane tickets should be purchased from the Travel agency introduced by the University (Wonil Agency, ¢Ï 02-723-5727, [email protected])
- Airfare support does not apply to those who is already staying in Korea.
- In case of professor's resignation before expiration date of the contract, the travel expenses should be paid back to University.
6. Accommodations: HUFS may support Dormitory for foreign faculty members (single/family size)
- We do NOT provide housing faculties who belong to Foreign Language Education Center.
- We do NOT provide someone (or his/her family) who already has a house in Seoul.
7. Required Documents
- Resume in English (with recent photo)
- Research/publications list in English (Manuscript copies should be attached.)
- Certificate of Employment in English or Korean (Positions should be identified.)
- Certificate of Career in English or Korean (Positions should be identified.)
* Positions should be specified as one of followings: part-time lecturer, full-time lecturer (former), assistant professor, associate professor, and full professor.
* If he or she has previous career experience as a part-time lecturer, the weekly teaching hours should be stated on the certificate of employment/career.
- A letter of recommendation in English or Korean
(Issued by the organization or university where he/she's employed)
- Photo Copy of diplomas (BA, MA, Ph.D)
- Certificate of criminal records in English
8. Contract Renewal System for Foreign Faculty
- In order to renew a contract, department consensus and fulfillment of research requirement are necessary. And also, s/he need to contribute to the development of department.(based on HUFS regulations)
[Contract Renewal Standard - Points according to HUFS Research Points Policy and Contribution to the Department]
Category Research Points
Theory Faculty Minimum of 120 points per year
* Theory professors except in Science related fields are required more than one domestic(accredited journal) or international general journal or a prominent international academic journal at the fifth year renewal of contract.
1) The degree to which a foreign faculty member has contributed to the department shall be evaluated in a faculty meeting of the department, considering the following criteria.
Area Major criteria
(50 points) - Court sentence (a crime falling under imprisonment without labor or heavier punishment)
- The honor and integrity of the faculty members
- Results of physical examination
- Job performance
- Observance of relevant Acts, Service Regulations (esp. Articles 3 through 16), and Regulations on Foreign Faculty Personnel (esp. Articles 8 and 15)
Quality of teaching
(30 points) - Attitude during class
- Class evaluation (by students)
- Quality of teaching
Contribution in matters related to the department and student guidance (20 points) - Participation in meetings and events related to the department
- Contribution in matters related to the department
- Attitude towards students
- Student guidance
2) A faculty member is subject to reappointment only when they get a minimum of 70 points in the evaluation category of Contribution to the Department.
9. System for staying abroad
- For foreign faculty member, in principle, the length of stay for any return trip home should not exceed one month per semester.
- However, depending on the personal situation, the faculty member may stay abroad two consecutive months during the four month period of recesses (summer and winter) at his/her discretion.
* For example : In an academic year, if a faculty member stays abroad during the summer recess for two months, he or she has to stay in Korea during the winter recess.
- When going abroad during the semester or recess for some reasons, the faculty member should submit an ¡®Overseas Travel Permit¡¯ to the Office of Academic Affairs by online(University Intranet system).
10. HUFS Faculty Research Grant
- Incentives are provided for the professors who write the journals at the level of SCI(E) and Domestic prominent journals if a published article is submitted only when a foreign faculty member is being employed by the HUFS.
- Amount of grant and the number of support for each of the journals are in accordance with the University research support rule.
- Inquiries: Research Support Team (T.82-2-2173-2053 ~ 5)
11. Submission Deadline
- All the required documents should be submitted to Department of English Education from September 29 to October 11, 2018.
12. Submission Methods
- All documents can be submitted through e-mail, registered mail or in person.
*To submit by email: Please send all files to: [email protected]
107, Imun-ro, Dongdaemun-gu, Seoul, 02450, Korea
Department of English Education
Hankuk University of Foreign Studies
*To visit in person:
Department of English Education, #406 Main building
Office Hours: Weekdays 9am - 5pm
To inquire about the process, please contact the dept. office at: Tel: +82-2-2173-2342
|Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg|
Dave's ESL Cafe Korean Job Board is maintained by Dave Sperling with WebBBS 4.33.