|Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg|
Visiting Professor Positions: Open Invitations in Busan
Posted By: Kyungsung University <[email protected]>
Date: Friday, 7 December 2018, at 7:43 p.m.
Kyungsung University, one of the most famous Universities in Busan, is currently hiring visiting professors (non-regular, temporary positions) for the Fall Term, 2018 (September 1st, 2018).
Kyungsung University is located near Gwanglli Beach in Busan. It accommodates about 13 thousand students. At present, over 20 talented and experienced foreign professors teach at the College of Creative Human Resource at Kyungsung University.
1. Subject Areas:
a. Specialized Majors: English Conversations
b. Position: Visiting Professor (non-regular position)
c. Department: School of Liberal Arts Education, College of Creative Human Resource
e. Openings: 5
a. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelorí»s Degree, Masterí»s Degrees or higher AND satisfy one of the followings:
1) Bachelorí»s Degree Holders : 4 years of teaching/research experience at 4-year Universities, government agency or research institutes after obtaining the Bachelorsí» Degree(s).
2) Masterí»s Degree Holders: 2 years of teaching/research experience at 4-year Universities, government agency or research institutes after obtaining the Mastersí» Degree(s).
3) Doctoral Degree
4) Majors: any (English, Communications or any other related majors preferred)
5) individuals with degrees from English-speaking Universities, who are residing in Korea are preferred.
b. Applicants must be able to work on September 1st, 2018 with a valid visa.
c. The teaching experience at private institutions (hagwon), tutoring (paid/unpaid) or through EPIK do NOT count as minimum qualifications for the application.
d. The designated application forms must be submitted. Failure to submit applications by the deadlines may lead to any other documents being disregarded without any notifications to the applicants.
e. Applicants must be eligible for appointment under the Private University regulations and satisfy the requirements for employment from the Korean government.
f. Applicants must be able to deliver lectures in English.
3. Screening Procedures
- Screening will proceed, based on the application documents and interviews. Applicants living abroad can do interviews through Skype or submit video files instead of in-person interviews.
4. Application Processes & Required Application Forms
1) Application Form - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1prox0O-xQ8kr4tHDpi98WhG2Ij8x7fr7OIPiaEsFXhE/edit
2) Cover letter
í¨ Please be clear about your background and positions clearly.
4) Research work such as dissertations, published journal articles, etc.
5) Degree Certifications (B.A, M.A., Ph.D.): 1 copy of each
6) Proof of Employment (to verify the work experience the applicant have outlined in the application): 1 copy of each, which must be issued within the last 3 months.
‒ Duration and job positions also need to be shown on the proof of employment.
7) Academic Transcripts (B.A., M.A., Ph.D): 1 copy of each
8) Lecture Synopsis (see the application form)
‒ your syllabus for Fall Term 2018
9) Other documents to verify experience or activities relevant to this position.
10) Agreement to Collect and Use Personal Information - https://docs.google.com/document/d/18c7VuQH4etJ_f_slJkBwV4J3pc8Zg5mPNzNaQe2f2so/edit
í¨ If applicants do not submit the Agreement to Collect and Use Personal Information, their applications may be denied. Please sign and send the form before submission.
5. Please submit all the documents by mail or in person to the following address.
a. all the documents must arrive by July 12th on Thursday at 4PM.
í¨ Local time in Korea (GMT +9)
b. e-mail address for submission: [email protected]
⁜ Please indicate when submitting via e-mail: name, recent degree, and years of teaching experience (ex. David, MA in Communication, 4 years at Univ.)
c. Universityí»s Address for Submission: #504 School of Liberal Arts Education, The Genesis Building (Bldg. 30), Kyungsung University, 309 Suyeong★Ro (Daeyeon★Dong), Nam★Gu, Busan 608★736, Republic of Korea.
6. After all the screening procedures, including the interview, are over, please make sure to submit the following documents by international mail :
a. 4 original recent color photographs (3cm x 4cm or passport size)
b. 2 original degree certifications (B.A, M.A, Ph.D) with apostille or notarized by Embassy of the Republic of Korea in your country.
c. 3 original criminal background check (CRC) valid for at least 6 months issued by Embassy of the Republic of Korea in your country with an attached apostille.
d. The Korean government requires official criminal checks in accordance with Korean law.
★ U.S: FBI CJIS DIVISION (Federal Bureau of Investigations)
★ Canada: Royal Canadian Mounted Police
★ New Zealand: Ministry of Justice website,
★ The records must be affixed with the relevant nationí»s authentication.
í¨ Please get the criminal records checks issued in advance if possible, as it could take longer.
7. Employment Conditions and Benefits
a. The contract period will be one year starting on September 1st, 2018. The job position is non‒regular but renewable after some appraisal.
b. The salary depends on the applicantsí» degrees and work experience: over 24 million/year.
c. Unfurnished, single housing as provided. The size and locations may vary and must be chosen by the University will be provided.
í¨ Company housing can be provided only when the available room is left.
í¨ If the successful applicant has his/her own housing, he/she will be given a stipend of ₩350,000 per month.
d. Basic medical insurance is provided equally as all the staff and faculty members of the University.
e. Severance pay is provided, based on the Korean Labor Standards Law.
f. 12 teaching hours/week, minimum (50-minute-lecture) in one semester. Successful applicants will receive overtime pay for extra teaching hours and activities.
a. All documents should be arrived until July 12th, at 4PM
b. Applicants must be eligible for the appointment, based on the private University regulations and satisfy the requirements for employment required by the Korean government.
c. Positions may not be filled if there are not qualified candidates.
d. If an applicant is found unqualified with any fraud or by omission, he/she will be immediately rejected.
e. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified individually via e-mail for an interview.
f. All the application documents in a language other than Korean or English must be notarized in Korean or translated in English.
|Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg|
Dave's ESL Cafe Korean Job Board is maintained by Dave Sperling with WebBBS 4.33.