|Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg|
Full-time Assistant Professor (non-tenure track, 3 positions) - Seoul, Korea
Posted By: Seoul National University of Science and Technology <[email protected]>
Date: Monday, 4 June 2018, at 9:33 a.m.
Job Title: Full-time Assistant Professor (non-tenure track, 3 positions)
Start of Employment: September 1st, 2018
Contract Period: 2 academic years (1 year upon request), renewable upon mutual agreement
- Teach 14 hours per week for two 16-week semesters
- English conversation credit courses
- Reading and Writing credit courses
- Opportunities to teach electives
- Hold 3 office hours per week
- Attend weekly meetings
- Support departmental development (e.g., committee assignments)
- Participate in curriculum, assessment, and materials development
- Master's degree in any of the following subjects: TESOL, Applied Linguistics, CALL, and related fields. (An assessment of the candidate's English language proficiency may be required as part of the hiring process.)
- 4 years of documented experience in the field required (Years spent completing study/research/teaching during a graduate degree program will be counted towards those 4 years, e.g., 2 year MA program plus 2 additional years teaching experience, or 1 year MA program plus 3 additional years teaching experience)
* Candidates must have qualified degree in hand at the time of application deadline.
* The applications of those who do not meet these qualifications will not be reviewed.
Hiring Priorities: We are particularly interested in hiring teachers with specialized qualifications and/or experience in:
- Testing/assessment (standardized test development, rubrics, item writing, level placement)
- Curriculum development (materials creation/revisions, online activity development, textbook evaluation, needs analysis, goals and objectives)
- ICC (Intercultural Communication)
- Experience teaching with MOODLE
- Experience teaching reading, writing and conversation
Department: Office of International Education (OIE) provides a variety of language programs to serve the university's language learning needs. The OIE has built a qualified, knowledgeable, and supportive faculty where collaboration is valued to design curriculum relevant for our particular students' needs. Programs are largely based on a teacher-created, standardized curriculum. There are currently 20 full-time faculty positions. We have a dedicated language center building which houses all needed facilities: professors' offices, administration offices, conference hall, classrooms with round tables, etc. The OIE is a developing PLC (Professional Learning Community), focused on modernizing curriculum, expanding opportunities for professional development, and fostering a spirit of intercultural exchange.
Salary and Benefits:
- 3 million Korean Won (KRW) per month (36,000,000 KRW per year)
- 600,000 KRW annual salary increase
- Overtime rates range from 30,000~45,000 KRW/hour depending on the program
- 10 million KRW key money (loan towards deposit for off-campus housing)
- On-campus housing may also be available but is limited
- One-month salary as severance bonus for each successful contract year
- Subsidized public pension premiums
- Subsidized national health insurance
- Supplemental health insurance for disability and hospitalization
- 1 million KRW relocation stipend for candidates residing outside of Korea
- Large office shared with one other professor
- 200,000 KRW reimbursement for Korean classes taken outside of the university
Application Documents: (We kindly ask you to NOT zip your application materials.)
- Cover letter
- Curriculum vitae
- Applicant Information Document: https://goo.gl/tY4CLq (Please download the WORD document in the link provided.)
- Copies of transcripts
- One letter of recommendation including contact numbers
- Copies of diplomas and teaching certificates (e.g. TESOL/TEFL/TESL/CELTA certificate)
- Certificate of employment (경력증명서) or employer’s letter that verifies employment period
Successful candidates are required to submit the following documents:
- A copy of nationwide criminal record check affixed with apostille
United Kingdom: Home Office, Police(Criminal Records Bureau, Disclosure Scotland, Access Northern Ireland, ACPO Criminal Records Office)
Australia: AFP(Australian Federal Police)
South Africa: South African Police Service
Ireland: The national police of the Republic of Ireland
New Zealand: Ministry of Justice
- A copy of diploma or graduation certificate or certificate of obtained degree affixed with apostille for postgraduate degree (if applied)
- A copy of diploma or graduation certificate or certificate of obtained degree affixed with apostille for graduate degree
- A copy of diploma or graduation certificate or certificate of obtained degree affixed with apostille for undergraduate degree
- One sealed graduate transcript
- One sealed undergraduate transcript
- Original of certificate of employment (employer's letter that verifies your employment period) for all your employment records. Please ask your employer to include the following details in the verification letters:
1) The time you were employed (yyyy.mm.dd.~yyyy.mm.dd.)
2) The title of your position
3) Teaching hours per week
- Successful candidates are recommended to be in Seoul by August 20th.
- Visa application will be done after successful candidates arrive between August 20th and 25th.
- House hunting will be done between August 20th and 26th with the assistance of office administration.
- Successful candidates are required to attend a presemester meeting on August 28th.
- New Teacher Orientation may be scheduled between August 27th and August 31st.
- Classes start on Monday, September 3rd.
How to Apply: Send your email application to [email protected]. Be sure to include your full name in the subject line.
Application Deadline: June 8th, 18:00PM 2018, Seoul Time
* Only candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Interview Date (Tentative): June 27th, 2018 (Video interviews through Skype will be scheduled for overseas applicants.)
University Homepage: http://www.seoultech.ac.kr
Department Homepage: http://language.seoultech.ac.kr
About Seoul National University of Science and Technology
Seoul National University of Science and Technology (SeoulTech) is a public university located in north-east Seoul, on a verdant, spacious 508,690 sq. meter (125 acre) campus which supports a student enrollment of 13,000. While SeoulTech is recognized for our renowned Engineering, Science, and Technology programs, we also have stellar Business and Management programs, including our new College of Business and Technology, a School of Architecture, a College of Humanities and Social Sciences, and a College of Art and Design.
|Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg|
Dave's ESL Cafe Korean Job Board is maintained by Dave Sperling with WebBBS 4.33.