|Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg|
Full-time Assistant Professor (tenure-track) Position at Seoul National University of Science and Technology (SeoulTech)
Posted By: Seoul National University of Science and Technology <[email protected]>
Date: Wednesday, 18 April 2018, at 6:07 a.m.
Seoul National University of Science and Technology (SeoulTech) invites qualified applicants in the following areas You are welcome to apply for an open position. Please refer to the detailed information below.
1. Track: Full-time assistant professor (tenure-track)
2. Position summary:
- Department: Office of International Education
- Specialized Field: English Education
- Positions: 2
- A doctor's degree in the Specialized field or related fields.
- Applicants with native-like proficiency in English for teaching and research
- Non-Korean Nationality (While ethnic Koreans can apply, dual nationality is not accepted)
- Representative publications totaling at least 100% (in the last four years from May 1st 2014 to April 30th 2018)
1) Academic papers that are identified with ISSN numbers
----List publications as FA (first author), co-first author, CA (corresponding author), co-corresponding author, or co-author.
----Only include SCI level (SCI, SSCI, A&HCI, SCIE) or KCI (Korea Citation Index) registered papers
2) Academic publications that are identified with ISBN numbers
----Simply compiled or translated books will not be accepted.
< Representative publications are calculated as below. (“n” is the number of authors.) >
1) Academic Papers (Journals)
A. First author or corresponding: 2/(n+1) x 100%
- For example, if you are the first and the only author of a publication, it's 2/(1+1) x 100 = 100%.
B. Co-first author or co-corresponding author: 1.6/(n+1) x 100%
- For example, if there are three authors and you are the Co-first author or co-corresponding author, it's 1.6/(3+1) x 100 = 40%.
C. Co-authors: 1/(n+1) x 100%
- For example, it there are 3 authors and you are one of them, it's 1/(3+1) x 100 = 25%
* SCI, SSCI, A&HCI academic papers are multiplied by 200 instead of 100, so the contributions to the total will be double.
* SCIE academic papers are multiplied by 150 instead of 100, so the contributions to the total will count 1.5 times more.
2) Academic publications (Books): 1/n x 100%
NOTE: Please read this posting carefully and make sure you qualify before applying. Because we receive numerous applications, we kindly request that applicants who do not meet the minimum qualifications refrain from submitting applications.
4. Application Documents: Refer to the attachment here: https://goo.gl/GSu1Rh
- Curriculum vitae (Attachment #1)
- Self-introduction (Attachment #2)
- Research and Teaching Proposal (Attachment #3)
- Publication list (Attachment #4)
- Personal Medical Assessment (Attachment #5)
- Copies of transcripts
- Copies of diplomas and degrees
- Certificate of employment or employer’s letter that verifies employment period
- A copy of the final dissertation
- Original published papers or books in the “Publication list (Attachment #4)”
- A copy of passport (identification/information page)
- A copy of alien registration card (if applicable)
NOTE: Successful candidates are required to submit the following documents:
- Copies of all diplomas or graduation certificates, each affixed with Apostille
- National criminal background check from your home country, affixed with Apostille
5. Application Deadline: May 2, 2018 (6pm Korean Local Time)
- Application period: April 30 - May 2, 2018
- The 1st selection: May 10 - May 14, 2018
- The 2nd selection: June 4 - June 5, 2018 / June 7, 2018
- The 3rd selection (teaching demonstration) : June 22, 2018 / June 25, 2018 (An assessment of the candidate's English language proficiency may be required as part of the hiring process.)
- The 4th selection(interview): June 27, 2018 / July 9, 2018 ~ July 10, 2018
- Announcement for final successful candidates: mid-July
- Start of employment: mid-August
NOTE: Please be advised this schedule may be subject to change.
7. Salary & Benefits:
- Annual salary: Starting from around KRW 37,000,000(Salary will be commensurate with experience.)
- Performance-related pay
- Subsidized public pension premiums and national health insurance
- Supplemental health insurance for disability and hospitalization
- Research fund that motivates you to further your study on the first year employed
- Overseas travels expenses (1 economy round-trip air tickets and living expenses for one or two days) will be reimbursed to the final candidates up to 2.5 million Korean won.(We ask final candidates to submit a receipt for air tickets and a copy of your passport.)
NOTE: Please be advised this travel expenses may be subject to change within budget.
8. Job Description:
Newly created tenure-track position with responsibilities to teach, research and manage the EFL program. The successful candidate would need to learn about our program and adapt to its unique character. Our curriculum is collaboratively created to meet student needs, standardized and encourages the use of technology in the classroom. Position requires excellent communication skills, high computer proficiency, attention to detail, strong organizational skills, flexibility, commitment to excellence
- Teach 9 hours per week for two 16-week semesters
- English conversation credit courses
- Reading and Writing credit courses
- Opportunities to teach electives
- Hold 3 office hours per week
- Attend weekly meetings
- Support departmental development (e.g., committee assignments)
- Participate in curriculum, assessment, and materials development
- Meet university’s publishing requirement
- Lead program development
10. How to Apply:
- Submit your application documents to [email protected] by 6pm May 2, 2018, Korea Time.
- Also, send your application documents by postal mail until 6pm, May 25, 2018, Korea Time to Office of Academic Affairs, Seoul National University of Science & Technology, 232 Gongneung-ro, Nowon-gu, Seoul, 01811, South Korea
- University Homepage: http://www.seoultech.ac.kr
- Inquiries: [email protected]
|Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg|
Dave's ESL Cafe Korean Job Board is maintained by Dave Sperling with WebBBS 4.33.