|Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg|
Kyungbok University is offering non-tenure track English lecturer positions to potential teachers to teach on the two campuses, located in Namyangju City, just east of Seoul, and Pocheon Campus, just east of Uijeongbu
Posted By: Kyungbok University <[email protected]>
Date: Thursday, 1 February 2018, at 1:13 p.m.
Kyungbok University has been a fast growing and developing university since its start in 1992. It is now expanding its English program and is looking for enthusiastic and dedicated teachers.
1) Date of Employment: Mar 1, 2018 - February 28th, 2019 (Applicants should be available one week prior to start date for orientation, contract signing, and visiting immigration)
A) Graduate from a university (from a country in which English is the first language) is a minimal requirement.
B) Ph. D applicants and applicants with masters will be given preference.
C) Certificates in CELTA, TOSEL, TOEIC or teaching certificate f rom English speaking country will be given preference.
D) *Experience teaching in Korea at university or schools: *For a Master's holder, 3 years experience is necessary. 'For a Bachelor's degree, 4 years of experience minimum is required. *No academy work can be counted as experience.
E) Applicants must be legally able to take the position. This means getting a letter of release from previous employer and /or finishing previous contract completely.
F) People in country and who can attend interview will be given preference. However, should this list be exhausted, we are willing to consider interviews via Skype and I or other means to find the teachers we are looking for. lf applying from out of Korea, please state thar clearly in your cover letter and provide a Skype address should the need arise.
3) Payment : 2,100,000 Korean Won per month.
4) Duties: Teachers will be required to teach 18 hours/week. Teaching hours over l8 will be paid with overtime, but management will try to ensure no extra classes will be given to keep the workload to 18 hours. Teachers are expected to do 3 hours in the Kyungbok Language Education Cafe. There are no additional office hours. The cafe hours are considered office hours. Teachers will be assigned English cafe hours, usually on morning or afternoon of the day with evening class to give teacher a lighter workload on that day.
Teachers are expected to be on time and dress and act in a manner of a University lecturer and professor. They will be required to attend monthly meetings. Teachers will be asked to contribute to curriculum and some book development.
There is not a summer / winter vacation program at this university at this time. However, until the time of a summer and winter program is created, teacher will be given book and curriculum design work to contribute during vacation via email.
5) Housing: 300,000 stipend per month.
6) Benefits :
- Medical insurance, Private school teacher's pension fund,
- Paid 4 months vacation plus all national holidays
7) Visa sponsored : Yes
8) Documents Required:
* to decrease size of electronic email, scans should be JPEGs if possible
* please scan and submit all documents. lf you fail to submit some documents, we cannot process you.
A) Updated C.V. and cover letter (with current photo)
B) Copies of University degrees (apostilled originals should be brought to interview)
C) Copies of university transcripts (original university transcripts in sealed envelope should be brought to interview)
D) Copies of any relevant certificates in CELTA, TOSEL, or teaching cert. (originals should be brought to interview)
E) Letters of references if available
F) Copy of current Criminal Record Check (within last 6 months, if E2 visa transfer, nor necessary) (apostilled originals should be brought to interview).
G) Copy of Alien card if available
H) Copy of Passport page with l.D.
l) A successful candidate will be asked to submit work experience certifications, criminal records check and a health statement as required by the lmmigration Office.
9) DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: February 14th, 2018.
* Details of working conditions will be covered during interview.
* Not all applicants will be contacted due to large volume of applicants. lf no suitable candidates apply, some posiiions may not be filled.
* Candidates may be asked to work at one campus or the other, or both. lf asked to work at both, that will not be on the same day. You will only need to travel to one campus per day.
Campus Details : Kyungbok University Pocheon campus is off the main road and away from traffic noises. lt is surrounded by mountains and green trees, with walking trails and fresh air. It is about 40 minutes from Uijeongbu city and 'l hour away f rom Uijeongbu station Line #1. There are plenty of buses from Uijeongbu station to Kyungbok University Pocheon Campus.
There is no subway close to this campus.
Namyangju campus is located just east of Seoul, a 30 minute drive from Coex area, and a 45 minute bus ride f rom Jamsil area. lt is also settled in a valley and surrounded by trees and beautif ul architecture. There are plenty of buses that travel to this campus, but there is no close subway at this time.
NOTE: Kyungbok University offers a shuttle bus for students from various locations in Seoul, Uijeongbu, lslan, and Guri cities. Teachers are welcome to use shuttle bus to and from campuses, with the exception of the onenight class that may be necessary. In the case of the one night class per week, buses run to and f rom both campuses with enough time to ensure your arrival in Seoul or nearby city.
lf you would like to know more about our university, please go to www.kbu.ac.kr
Those interested in this position should send the required electronic copies of documents to : [email protected]
|Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg|
Dave's ESL Cafe Korean Job Board is maintained by Dave Sperling with WebBBS 4.33.