|Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg|
[Non-tenure Track Full-time Positions at Kyonggi University, Suwon, South Korea]
Posted By: Kyonggi University <[email protected]>
Date: Thursday, 18 January 2018, at 9:54 a.m.
We are seeking experienced, committed, and qualified professors to teach College English at Kyonggi University as of March 1, 2018.
[volume of recruitment : less than 10 persons]
a. An applicant has to have nationality of the country that uses English as a native language or an official language and have master's degree or higher degree with
(1) At least two years of full-time teaching experience at college or university
as an assistant / associate / full professor
(2) At least four years of teaching experience (in this case, an applicant has to meet the standard about qualification of teacher set by relevant act and subordinate statue to education of korea.)
* If an applicant is currently working at a college or university for the 2nd semester of 2017, that career is considered as one-semester experience. If, however, he/she quits this current career before Feb. 28th 2018, only the period from the beginning date to the resignation date of the 2nd semester of 2017 is considered
b. Applicants must be eligible for the appointment according to Private University Faculty Appointment Regulations
c. If an applicant who has an experience in teaching at Kyonggi University as a full-time lecturer (or assistant professor) has been dismissed due to the failure of contract renewal through the contract-renewal-evaluation, the school will not accept his/her application.
d. Domestic(korea) resident or teaching experienced person in korea is preferred.
[EMPLOYMENT CONDITIONS & BENEFITS]
a. Position : Assistant professor (E-1 visa required)
b. Period of contract : Two years with a possible extension upon evaluation
c. Duty hours : Teaching 15 hours of credit courses per week during the academic semester
* Salary will be curtailed based on teaching hours unless the professor meets the
required teaching hours.
* In case of teaching more than the required teaching hours per week, the professor
will be paid extra at the overtime rate set by Kyonggi University.
d. Office hours : Minimum 4 hours per week (Professors work five days per week)
e. Work place : Suwon Campus, with a possibility of being assigned classes at the Seoul Campus.
f. Starting annual salary : 32.4 million Korean Won (Twelve-month-based salary)
* Housing or housing support is not provided
g. Benefit : Subsidized Korea Teachers Pension and medical insurance
h. Vacation : Summer and winter vacation
I. Retiring allowance : It will be given by the Korea Teacher's Pension center after resignation
College English : English conversation, English reading, English writing, English presentation and additional English elective courses
a. Application (this includes the form of resume, letter of self introduction, lesson plan,
teaching philosophy, a letter of consent)
[form download] ¢º
b. Degree certificates (bachelor's, master's (doctorate, if applicable))
c. Official transcripts of all courses of bachelor's, master's (doctorate, if applicable) degree
d. Career certificates officially issued
* information of the department, position, work period(beginning date and resignation
should be written) should be included on the certificates.
* submit proof of current employment if applicable.
e. Copies of any other certificates (if applicable)
* Submit the copies with ¡°This document is an exact copy of the original¡± written by applicant on each copy
f. A copy of passport (front page)
g. A copy of the alien registration card (both front and back)_(if applicable)
h. A recent letter of recommendation (if applicable)
i. Other documents required for E-1 visa (after hired)
* Kyonggi University reserves the right to revoke any appointment of those applicants who have falsified his or her application data or documents
* If the documents are not printed in Korean or English, the applicant should submit the translated documents in Korean or English with one's signature
j. A copy of dissertation of the highest academic degree (after hired)
[Note for submitting documents]
a. Only the forms provided by Kyonggi university are acceptable and all documents should be submitted by e-mail ([email protected])
b. Applications will be disqualified if any of the required documents are not submitted
a. Application deadline: by January 10th (Wed) 2018. (submit to [email protected])
b. Announcement of the result for screening & evaluation : January 15th (Mon) 2018.
c. Interview: January 20th (Sat) 2018. (10 minute demo lesson & 10 minute interview)
* Interview by Skype is possible only for the residents abroad
d. Final announcement : in the middle of February, 2018.
(depending on the Board of Trustee's schedule)
* Dates and time are based on Korean Standard Time
* Only eligible candidates after screening & evaluation will be contacted for an interview
* Announcement for successful candidates will be notified by e-mail individually
* Schedules above are subject to change due to the internal situation of university, so
the applicant has to check this advertisement again on the final day of this posting
a. Submit all documents by e-mail ([email protected])
[For additional information]
a. E-mail: [email protected]
b. College English Office : +82-31-249-9269 (from abroad), 031-249-9269(in Korea)
|Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg|
Dave's ESL Cafe Korean Job Board is maintained by Dave Sperling with WebBBS 4.33.