|Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg|
ENGLISH EFL TEACHERS (SUITABLE FOR A COUPLE OR 2 SINGLES) FOR A PRIVATE JUNIOR LANGUAGE SCHOOL (FOREIGN OWNED)
Posted By: Spot On English <[email protected]>
Date: Thursday, 18 January 2018, at 10:19 a.m.
Spot On English is a well-established (over 11 years), family owned English language institute located in Ulsan, South Korea. We are dedicated to providing a fun, focused learning environment, and nurturing confidence and enthusiasm for English in our students.
We are looking for friendly, outgoing, creative, and motivated teachers to join our team commencing in April 2018.
The positions entail teaching English to elementary (ages 6-11) and middle school (ages 12-14) children, and represent excellent opportunities to join a professionally operated school with a supportive culture and well structured curriculum.
Teachers with relevant past experience and qualifications, as well as those who believe they possess the necessary skills to perform well in these positions despite limited experience, are encouraged to apply.
● Professionally present well-organized, effective classes in line with the school’s philosophies and curriculum
● Create and maintain positive learning environments for young children
● Develop and implement strategies to ensure children’s positive learning progress and behavior
● Build good, open communication with children, colleagues and, to a limited extent, families of students
● Assess and record children’s progress
● Ensure the learning environment is safe, clean, well organized, and fun
● Undertake a limited range of administrative tasks
● Prepare some additional materials for special classes or events, or to complement class curricula
● … are a native speaker of English (from Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, South Africa, the UK, or the US). We believe our students benefit from exposure to a range of accents, and don’t have a prejudice against or for specific accents. We have employed teachers from all of the listed countries. Given visa restrictions, teachers from countries other than those listed cannot be considered.
● … hold a Bachelors degree (in any discipline), preferably obtained in one of the aforementioned countries.
● … have no criminal record.
● … enjoy working with children and as part of a team.
● … have sound written and verbal communication skills.
● … have a reasonable level of computer literacy.
● … have a solid grasp of the English language especially basic grammar and spelling skills.
● … are friendly and positive.
● … are available to commence work in April 2018.
● … may have TESOL qualifications, and/or experience working with children. Although desirable, neither teaching experience nor TESOL qualifications are prerequisites. Some familiarity with the requirements of teaching or working with children should be demonstrated. We will provide up to two weeks paid training/handover from existing teachers as required. Ongoing support and supervision will be provided.
● … can make learning fun for children!
WHAT WE OFFER
● One year contract (with option to renew)
● Commencing base salary of ￦2.1million+ per month. This is negotiable upwards for teachers with relevant experience.
● A furnished apartment is provided in close proximity to the school (a short walk away).
● The school will contribute to health insurance premiums, reimburse airfares to Korea, and pay one month’s salary upon completion of contract term.
● Vacation: 10 paid vacation days (in two blocks, Monday to Friday, summer and winter) are provided in addition to all public holidays.
● Working hours: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday: 1:50-9:00pm : Tuesday and Thursday: 1:50-7:00pm. The schools are closed on weekends and all national/public holidays.
● Maximum teaching (classroom) hours: 25 per week.
● Maximum class sizes of 10 students. Class sizes are manageable and allow for easy interaction with students.
● Teachers have the same classes every day, ensuring the opportunity to build strong relationships and achieve real progress in learning.
● A structured and easy to follow curriculum. We are always pleased to see creative teachers bring new and effective ideas into the classroom, however you will always have a clear-cut teaching/learning path to follow. A similar program style applies to all classes regardless of level.
● A professionally managed work place, with a motivated, friendly team, and the opportunity to enjoy a real sense of achievement.
SOME OTHER THINGS YOU MIGHT LIKE TO KNOW …
● The school directors are Australian and Korean.
● The directors have over 30 years combined experience operating private schools in Ulsan.
● Communication in English won't be a problem, and we'll help you settle in to life in Korea.
● Spot On English was established in 2006, and has been owned and operated by the same directors since its inception.
● We are happy to provide references for our school from existing or previous teachers, after interviews and shortlisting.
If you feel you would enjoy working with us, we would love to hear from you.
Interested applicants please send an email including a cover letter and CV/resume with photo attached to the school director at the email address below.
A Skype/Facetime interview will be arranged with shortlisted candidates. Due to vacation arrangements, we expect to review and respond to applications after January 8, 2018.
We wish you all a Happy New Year and look forward to hearing from you.
Craig Frankham, Director, Spot On English School
|Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg|
Dave's ESL Cafe Korean Job Board is maintained by Dave Sperling with WebBBS 4.33.