|Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg|
Accepting Applications for a One-year Renewable Position Beginning March 1, 2018 in Chinju, Korea
Posted By: Chinju National University of Education <[email protected]>
Date: Tuesday, 14 November 2017, at 2:08 a.m.
Chinju National University of Education (CUE) (http://www.cue.ac.kr), one of the foremost teachers colleges in Korea, is accepting applications for a one-year renewable position beginning March 1, 2018.
POSITION: Full-time English Instructor
CONTRACT PERIOD: March 1, 2018 - February 28, 2019 (renewable)
Application will be reviewed until the position is filled.
- Be a citizen of a country where English is the primary language
- Hold a minimum of a Bachelor¡¯s degree from an accredited university
- 2.3 million won per month for an M.A. holder in any discipline
- 2.0 minillon won per month for a B.A. holder in any discipline
(Any teaching hours over 16 per week will be paid as overtime.)
JOB DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Employee shall work 16 hours per week from Monday to Friday. However, the teaching hours may be adjusted depending on the conditions of each semester. If necessary, Employee may be requested by Employer to teach additional hours per week, with which she or he must comply. For such extra teaching hours, employee shall be entitled to an overtime instruction pay.
- An M.A. holder in TESOL/English Education may teach at Graduate School on Saturday morning classes. Additional pay for Saturday class will be given.
- Keeping Office Hours: Employee shall be required to reserve 3 hours per week during the term for student and professor consultation. Employee shall be required to notify her or his students of office hours in class.
- Developing Courses and Course Materials: Employee may be requested by Employer to develop new courses, update existing ones, and, if necessary, produce teaching materials for such courses.
- Collaborating with the Department of English Education, the Language Center Affiliated with the University, and Other Offices/Departments of the University: Employee shall collaborate with the Department of English Education and other offices/departments of the University. Employee may be requested to teach at the language center affiliated with the University, participate in teaching and evaluating participants in University-related programs, and/or to write, revise, and proofread various University-related documents. Employee shall be paid separately for such extra work.
- Participating in Professional Meetings: Employee shall be required to participate regularly in instructors¡¯ meetings, conferences, and workshops.
- Fully furnished one-room apartment located nearby campus
(Instructor will be required to pay for utilities and additional services, such as telephone cable, electricity, gas, internet, etc.)
- 20 days of annual leave
- One-time one-way airfare reimbursement
- Severance pay (equivalent of one month's salary) upon completion of one-year contract
- 50% coverage of medical insurance
- Private classroom and spacious office (shared with another foreign instructor)
- Excellent working conditions
- Resume and cover letter
- Recent photo (Within 3 months)
- Copy of passport information page
- Two letters of recommendation regarding your teaching ability and character from previous employers in the field of education
- Apostille (criminal background check, diplomas or graduation certificates of B.A & M.A) (If you are a resident in Korea now, just submit a copy of it)
- Transcripts in sealed envelope
- Health Self-Statement
Only eligible candidates will be contacted for an interview. Before the interview, resume and cover letter, recent photo, copy of passport information page, and recommendation are mainly needed. If there is no contact until one week after your sending your documents to me, it may mean you were not selected to make an interview.
The chosen applicant will be required to submit Apostilled diplomas or graduation certificates and criminal background check, which will be returned to you after they have been authenticated.
CUE is located in Jinju, which is a peaceful and beautiful city situated in southeastern Korea, not far from Busan. Unlike many national universities in Korea, CUE is large enough to offer many excellent benefits and facilities to our instructors, but it is small enough that it possesses a friendly atmosphere and a unique campus culture.
The students of CUE, who are studying to become elementary school teachers, are intelligent, enthusiastic, and talented individuals. This is a truly rewarding opportunity for educators who are passionate and energetic about teaching.
Please forward a resume, a cover letter with a recent photo, and a copy of passport information page, and a recommendation to:
For any further information:
Dr. Yim, Su Yon
Department of English Education
Chinju National University of Education
|Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg|
Dave's ESL Cafe Korean Job Board is maintained by Dave Sperling with WebBBS 4.33.