|Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg|
Full-time Assistant Professor (non-tenure track, 2 positions)
Posted By: Seoul National University of Science and Technology <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: Tuesday, 16 May 2017, at 3:31 p.m.
Start of Employment : September 1st, 2017
Contract Period : 2 academic years (1 year upon request), renewable upon mutual agreement
Professor Duties :
- Teach 14 hours per week for two 16-week semesters
: English conversation credit courses
: Reading and Writing credit courses
: Opportunities to teach electives
- Hold 3 office hours per week
- Attend weekly meetings
- Support departmental development (e.g., committee assignments)
- Participate in curriculum, assessment, and materials development
- Master's degree in any of the following subjects: TESOL, Applied Linguistics, CALL, and related fields. (An assessment of the candidate's English language proficiency may be required as part of the hiring process.)
- 4 years of documented experience in the field required (Years spent completing study/research/teaching during a graduate degree program will be counted towards those 4 years, e.g., 2 year MA program plus 2 additional years teaching experience, or 1 year MA program plus 3 additional years teaching experience)
* Candidates must have qualified degree in hand at the time of application deadline.
* The applications of those who do not meet these qualifications will not be reviewed.
Hiring Priorities : We are particularly interested in hiring teachers with specialized qualifications and/or experience in:
- Testing/assessment (standardized test development, rubrics, item writing, level placement)
- Curriculum development (materials creation/revisions, online activity development, textbook evaluation, needs analysis, goals and objectives)
- ICC (Intercultural Communication)
- Experience teaching with MOODLE
- Experience teaching reading, writing and conversation
Department : The Institute for Language Education and Research
The Institute for Language Education and Research (ILER) provides a variety of language programs to serve the university's language learning needs. The ILER has built a qualified, knowledgeable, and supportive faculty where collaboration is valued to design curriculum relevant for our particular students' needs. Programs are largely based on a teacher-created, standardized curriculum. There are currently 20 full-time faculty positions. We have a dedicated language center building which houses all needed facilities: professors' offices, administration offices, conference hall, classrooms with round tables, etc. The ILER is a developing PLC (Professional Learning Community), focused on modernizing curriculum, expanding opportunities for professional development, and fostering a
spirit of intercultural exchange.
Salary and Benefits:
- 3 million Korean Won (KRW) per month (36,000,000 KRW per year)
- 600,000 KRW annual salary increase
- Overtime rates range from 30,000~45,000 KRW/hour depending on the program
- 10 million KRW key money (loan towards deposit for off-campus housing)
- One-month salary as severance bonus for each successful contract year
- Subsidized public pension premiums
- Subsidized national health insurance
- Supplemental health insurance for disability and hospitalization
- 1 million KRW relocation stipend for candidates residing outside of Korea
- Large office shared with one other professor
- 200,000 KRW reimbursement for Korean classes taken outside of the university
Application Documents: (We kindly ask you to NOT zip your application materials.)
- Cover letter
- Curriculum vitae
- Applicant Information Document: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_sdDmCFEYYqc2ljaUtmRGJSTkU/view (Please download the WORD document in the link provided)
- Copies of transcripts
- One letter of recommendation including contact numbers
- Copies of diplomas and teaching certificates (e.g. TESOL/TEFL/TESL/CELTA certificate)
- Certificate of employment (경력증명서) or employer’s letter that verifies employment period
How to Apply : Send your email application to email@example.com. Be sure to include your full name in the subject line.
Application Deadline : June 6th, 12:00PM 2017, Seoul Time
* Only candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Interview Date (Tentative) : June 26th, 2017 (Video interviews through Skype or Google Hangout will be scheduled for overseas applicants.)
University Homepage : http://www.seoultech.ac.kr
Department Homepage : http://language.seoultech.ac.kr
Department MOODLE Homepage : http://moodle.seoultech.ac.kr
About Seoul National University of Science and Technology
Seoul National University of Science and Technology (SeoulTech) is a public university located in north-east Seoul, on a verdant, spacious 508,690 sq. meter (125 acre) campus which supports a student enrollment of 13,000. While SeoulTech is recognized for our renowned Engineering, Science, and Technology programs, we also have stellar Business and Management programs,
including our new College of Business and Technology, a School of Architecture, a College of Humanities and Social Sciences, and a College of Art and Design.
|Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg|
Dave's ESL Cafe Korean Job Board is maintained by Dave Sperling with WebBBS 4.33.