|Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg|
████████ [PUBLIC SCHOOLS, FULL-TIME] June, July, Sept 2017 ████████ #GOE #Gyeongnam #Changwon #Coastalcities #NearBusan #Summerjobs
Posted By: Korvia Consulting <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: Thursday, 20 April 2017, at 1:54 p.m.
KORVIA-PUBLIC SCHOOL GOE PROCESS GUIDE
GOE (Gyeongnam Office of Education) is a Public school English teaching program that runs by the Provincial Office of
Education and places teachers in southern part of Korea called Gyeongnam Province (also called as South Gyeongsang).
This program operates year-round with multiple public school positions available each month.
Hiring teachers for June, July, September Positions >>
Duties and Responsibilities
Your goal as a Native English teacher with GOE is to expose children to "live" English, work on their pronunciation and most importantly get them to enjoy English. NETs spend roughly have of their day teaching classes with the other half spent lesson planning for future classes. The GOE contact also outlines the following list of responsibilities:
- Assist Korean Teachers with their English classes, jointly conduct English classes with Korean teachers, and lead extracurricular activities or English camps.
- Prepare teaching materials and lesson plans for English classes.
- Assist with and lead the development and creation of teaching materials related to English language education.
- Assist with and lead activities related to English language education and other activities such as but not limited to editing or creating English documents, judging contests, conducting teacher training, working at English camps, etc.
- Perform other duties designated by the Employer including various English programs during the school vacation period.
2017 SAMPLE GOE Contract: https://goo.gl/qsJvRu
Level & Monthly Salary( Korean Won)
Level 1 (2.5 M )Level 2 + (2.3 M)Level 2 (2.2 M M)
Level 3 (2.1 M )
Furnished Single Studio
Entrance and Exit Allowance (Airfare)
1.3 M KRW
8:30 am - 4:30 pm
22 hours per week
Multiple Schools Allowance
100,000 KRW for 2 schools
150,000 KRW for 3 schools
Vacation / Sick Leaves
18 days / 11 days
Same amount moneyof your monthly salary
Korea National Insurance Provided
Korea National Pension Provided
Area: 10,533 km2 (4,067 sq mi) / Population: 3.3 M
Gyeongnam is a province in the southeast of South Korea. The provincial capital is at Changwon with the population of 1.1 M. It is close to
the metropolitan city, Busan. It is becoming a world-class cultural and tourist hub combining the old with the new, boasting a plethora of cultural
and natural tourism resources. Beautiful natural setting with mountains and cultural attractions of times past remain well preserved to this day.
- Gimhae International Airports
- Neighboring with other international airpots (Sacheon, Daegu, Ulsan, Pohang)
- 3 hours from Seoul by train (KTX)
- Express Buses, Local Buses in every city availableRemarks
- Hallyeohaesang National Marine Park
- Goseong Dinosaur World Expo (one of the top three places in the world with dinosaur footprints and fossils)
- Jinhae Cherry Blossom
- Jinju Namgang Light Festival
- Haeinsa Temple- Head Temple of the Jogye Order of Korean Buddhism
01 | MAP OF KOREA
*The total amount of population of Gyeongnam Province is similar to LA in the US. These boxes below show the same area size comparison of
Gyeongnam province (on the left) and LA (on the right) in the US. (Picture from: http://mapfrappe.com/)
Why Korvia Consulting?
Korvia Consulting is not only an official partner of Gyeongnam Office of Education but also an exclusive partner of the GOE program. We work directly with the Education office to ensure applicants are prepared and ready for when positions become available.
7 Tops Reasons why Korvia is the best!
- Korvia answers your questions quickly via email, Skype, Facebook, phone
- Korvia helps and is with you from your application, interview scheduling,
document submission, VISA process to your arrival arrangement
(hotel, pickup service)
- Korvia provides online communication channels with current native
English teachers and other prospective teachers.
- Korvia offers other available options and plan B, not only the GOE program
- Korvia can be your contact even after your arrival in Korea & Korvia Party!
- All Staff at Korvia speaks both Korean and English
- All of this service above is provided FOR FREE
Male, GOE Teacher 2016 - My GOE Elementary has been a fantastic experience thus far. I have been able to learn about my co-workers
both in and outside of school. In a very short time I felt well adapted to my environment and work schedule. The students and teachers
make coming to work a positive part of my day each week. I am very grateful for all they have done and to Korvia for allowing me to
have this opportunity. Please feel free to share my praise with the school and others!!!
Female, GOE Teacher 2016 - From the beginning of first email to the the Korvia Party, Ashley was such a help and a blessing!! I had a
really difficult time my first two weeks but Ashley made sure I was safe and that things would be taken cared of. I appreciate Ashley and
her kindness so much. She provided more help beyond what I would've imagined a recruiter would. I love her smile and her friendly
Female, GEPIK Teacher 2016 - Jessie was the one who interviewed me and was very patient throughout the entire process. I only applied
to GEPIK and GOE so my opportunities were limited. My placement was bound to take a little longer than usual. She made sure I knew
that, but otherwise, did not push. Also, the interview itself was a very comfortable process. Believe me, I have had plenty. She smiled and
did not seem distracted by a list of questions somewhere off on the side. She spoke to me in a friendly manner and often inquired about
relevant experiences both in Korea and other countries.
- A citizen of 7 countries (United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa)
- A Bachelor's (or over) degree holder
- A TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate (No need to Education/TESOL major)
GOE Application Documents
Copy of passport photo page
Copy of Bachelor's diploma
Scanned copies of two letters of recommendation from academic/professional sources
Youtube video clip of self-introduction (2~5 minutes)
Copy of teaching certificate (TEFL/TESOL/CELTA)
South African applicants must provide proof that their schooling in primary school and high school was done primarily in English
If you wish to apply for this program, please fill out the online Korvia application first with a note "GOE Application"
in the job preference section. To apply for Korvia, you can click the [APPLY HERE] button above or follow this link
View of Gyeongnam Province
KORVIA OFFICE ADDRESS: 2F HANTEO BLDG, 62 358TH NAMBOO SOONHWAN STREET, SEOCHO-GU, SEOUL, S. KOREA
PHONE: 82-2-553-6210 EMAIL: SUPPORT@KORVIA.COM
KORVIA CONSULTING IS AN OFFICIAL REGISTERED RECRUITING SERVICE IN SOUTH KOREA. RECRUITER REGISTRATION NO. 2008-3210114-14-5-00027
SOUTH KOREAN LAW REQUIRES ALL RECRUITING AGENCIES TO BE LICENSED WITH THE KOREAN MINISTRY OF LABOR TO ENSURE FAIR AND SAFE BUSINESS PRACTICES. USING AN UNREGISTERED RECRUITER IN KOREA CAN PUT YOUR POSITION AND EMPLOYMENT AT RISK.
|Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg|
Dave's ESL Cafe Korean Job Board is maintained by Dave Sperling with WebBBS 4.33.