|Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg|
Kangnam SAT Position for a year (4.0-5.0 mil won per month )
Posted By: Paul Academy <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: Sunday, 3 August 2014, at 8:00 a.m.
Location : Daechidong, GangnamGu , one subway stop from COEX Mall
Since 2007, Paul's SAT, which has improved students' SAT score average 280 points per summer session for 7 years, is looking for talented and motivated teachers.
We have a few openings.
1. SAT 1 teacher for a year
Preferable contract term : from mid August 2014 to mid August 2015- starting date can be flexible(as late as late June)
2. SAT2, AP, IB Teacher
Ideal candidates will have followings :
He/she is a blend of 3 main ingredients: caring for your students, discipline, and intelligence. In order to motivate the students, teachers need to sincerely care for the students unless they will not listen. Discipline is required not only to keep up our tight schedule, but also to keep your students disciplined. There are SO many reasons why intelligence is required, but I hope most are obvious. He/she knows that this is a job and not a vacation, despite being far from home. Many people make EFL a career, and I expect such dedication. Above all else, he/she must love being around teenagers because that is what it is about. In conclusion, Ideal candidates should desire to improve students' score and to grow them better human beings either through mentoring or through discipline while working as a team player.
SAT 1 Teacher
- Strong SAT reading scores(above 700 critical reading score) is a must for SAT 1 teachers. (If you do not have one, we are going to test you at the time of the interview or email the test)
- Be able to teach SAT Reading and SAT Writing
- Responsibility for improving studentsí» score (if the studentsí» score is not improving, the teacher needs to talk to the students to find out the reason. If the score does not continue to improve although they continue to pass voca test and do the homework, the teacher need to be willing to stay after the schedule to have a make-up class.
- Desire to improve students' score and to grow them better human beings either through mentoring or through discipline while working as a team player.
- SAT2, AP Teaching experience is a must for a subject test teacher
- Being able to teach TOEFL speaking and writing is a plus
We prefer the followings, but these are not requirements.
1. Graduating from or attending IVY or Top 30 US universities and colleges.
2. Someone who can teach SAT Critical Reading class in Korean.(Korean teachers can effectively communicate with lower level SAT students by speaking Korean with them)
3. Someone already in Korea or Gyopo
4. SAT Teaching experience, or at least experience working with teenagers.
5. Being able to teach SAT 1 Math or other TOEFL, SAT2 , AP subjects (Reading, writing are must) is a hugh plus.
Working conditions and Pay
1. A full-time teacher (from Mid August 2014 to Mid August 2015)
5 days a week.
During school year(1pm-10pm), There is a proctoring duty on saturday once every 3 weeks.
During vacation period (Jan- Feb / Jun - Aug)(9am-6pm) From Mid June to July, the teacher needs to work on Saturday 9am to 2pm
4.0 mil won to 5.0 mil won per month. 4weeks paid vacation at the end of the term.
Over 120 teaching hour qualifies for overtime.
If you want the airfare, housing, and others, you need to PAY FROM YOUR SALARY.
Therefore, this position is good for someone who ALREADY SETTLED DOWN IN SEOUL, KOREA. WE CAN provide visa sponsorship to 1 YEAR TEACHER POSITION ONLY.
To be honest, if you graduated from a college outside the states, you MAY NOT likely be my top candidate because this job requires a good understanding of application precess to us colleges.
Also, this position looks lucrative, but this position will require dedication not only to our students, but also to the work due to scheduling and willingness to accept overtime hours.
During September to early December, usually there are less than 20 hours per month, so in these months, the teacher will develop materials (such as making sat questions, which belongs to the hakwon)
From my past experience, This position is good for
1. someone who will prepare for GRE, LSAT, GMAT exams for his graduate school
2. someone working at established hakwons (CDI, POLY, etc...) who either needs challenges or needs to be away from elementary kids.
3. Someone who wants to be a high-end ESL teacher although it requires more work.
This position is not good for
1. someone who wants set schedule for the session. (some of the tutoring classes can be canceled with short notice)
2. someone who never works on weekends.
3. someone who think his job is to fill the hours, not to improve studentsí» score.
3. Ivy league teacher who can get the questions right but who are not interested in why his students get the question wrong.
If you feel that this job is right for you, Please send your cover letter and resume including your expected pay to Paul Kim at email@example.com for consideration.
Thanks for reading my posting and I look forward to speaking with you!
Paul Kim www.paulacademy.net
|Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg|
Dave's ESL Cafe Korean Job Board is maintained by Dave Sperling with WebBBS 4.33.