|Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg|
eaching Opportunities at Woosong University and Colleges in Daejeon, Korea, starting September, 2014
Posted By: Woosong University <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: Wednesday, 7 May 2014, at 12:49 p.m.
Woosong Educational Foundation is seeking experienced, qualified candidates to fill several positions as non-tenure track EFL professors at Woosong University and Information College. The Woosong Educational Foundation includes Woosong University, Woosong Information College and Woosong Language Institute, and Solbridge International Business School.
Assistant Professor of English as a Foreign Language
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Only candidates meeting these requirements will be contacted
- Citizen of Australia, Canada, Ireland, N.Z, South Africa, U.K, or the USA
- Master's degree (Education, English, or Linguistics preferred) and 2 years of verifiable English teaching experience
- PhD (Education, English, or Linguistics preferred)
Experience must be:
- Full time English teaching
- Post-secondary or corporate (not from private academies)
- Primary or secondary level outside of Korea acceptable with teaching licensure
- Accrued outside of time spent pursuing degree
- Verifiable through letters from employers or certificates of employment
Teaching experience outside Korea is preferred
Some types of non-teaching professional experience may be considered if germane to Woosong majors
English/Korean bilingual teachers are encouraged to apply
Non-tenure Track General English Language Professor (GEL)
- Teach a variety of credit and noncredit English as a Foreign Language classes
- Maximum teaching 20 hours per week plus 4 office hours.
- 2,600,000 to 3,200,000 Won per month
- Relocation allowance of W40,000 per day for up to seven days prior to start date (payable with first pay check)
- Air fare allowance (an additional W300,000 with your first pay check and W700,000 upon contract completion) for first year teachers
- One month's additional salary is paid as a bonus upon the completion of a second year’s contract and every year thereafter
- Housing: Rent-free partially furnished apartment close to the campus (single or family accommodation is available) or a housing stipend of 400,000 Won per month for single teachers, 500,000 for married teachers and teachers with families.
- Vacation – 6 weeks paid
- Medical / Dental: National Health Insurance plan approximately 3% of salary per month
- Private Pension Fund approximately W100,000 – 125,000 per month
- New teacher support system to assist with arrival in Korea and at Woosong
- Free introductory Korean language classes
- One year contract starting in September. (Renewable with satisfactory performance)
GRADUATE DEGREE PROGRAM OFFERINGS
Woosong offers staff discounts for study in the Masters of Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages Multimedia-Assisted Language Learning (M.A. TESOL-MALL) Graduate Degree program at Woosong University (http://tesolmall.wsu.ac.kr/) and the Masters of Business Administration (M.B.A.) at our international business school, Solbridge (http://www.solbridge.ac.kr/). Both courses are taught solely in English.
- Woosong is one of the largest employers of foreign English teachers in Daejeon. We currently have over 120 foreign faculty working in our English program alone.
- The Woosong campus is centrally located between the bus terminal, train station and down town area (10 min by taxi, 30 min walk), 5 min from the Daejeon I.C.
- The Woosong subway station is a 15 min walk from campus, 5 min bus ride.
- Daejeon city is 1 hour from Seoul by KTX, 2.5 hours from Busan and 3 hrs from Incheon. (http://www.metro.daejeon.kr/english/)
- Daejeon is the 5th largest city in South Korea. It is a major urban city with a country feel. The cost of living is cheaper than in Seoul or Busan.
- Woosong employees enjoy staff discounts at Woosong affiliated businesses such as restaurants, car care, gym memberships and indoor swimming pools.
- Woosong has a condo at Daecheon beach (2 hrs west of Daejeon) that is available for Woosong staff by reservation.
- Our web site is at http://www.woosong.org/wli/
First screening--Submit a cover letter, resume, and proof of experience to the Woosong Hiring Committee at: email@example.com
Indicate in the subject line the following information:
Name, Highest Degree held, years of teaching experience
(E.G Smith, MA Linguistics, 5 years exp)
* Woosong University requires a national level criminal background check, a copy of diploma, and health report. Visa transfers require a letter of release must be obtained from one’s current Korean employer. Failure to provide the relevant paperwork in a timely manner may be grounds to cease the application process.
Applications will be reviewed and interviews will be conducted until all positions are filled.
Due to the volume of applicants, we may not be able to respond to everyone. We appreciate your understanding.
For More Information, go to http//www.woosong.org/wli
Woosong Hiring Committee
Human Resource Coordinator
Woosong University Language Institute
196-5 Jayang Dong, Dong Gu
Daejon, South Korea 300-831
|Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg|
Dave's ESL Cafe Korean Job Board is maintained by Dave Sperling with WebBBS 4.33.