About the Opportunity
Work in Korea and experience life in a different culture. Develop memories and friendships that will last for a lifetime. Enrich the lives of students through sharing your knowledge and cultural experiences. Apply today through Footprints to secure your spot and begin this adventure with the EPIK program in Korea.
Footprints Recruiting is the most experienced recruiter for the EPIK program. Through Footprints, you will have access to a large number of available jobs in Korea. Due to demand, we expect the application window to be very short - we urge all applicants to apply sooner rather than later, and allow ample time to collect visa documents, and paperwork. Footprints Recruiting will support you with obtaining documents, pre-screening, setting up your interview and your experience in Korea. Lastly, through applying with Footprints Recruiting, you will have the support of the most experienced team with no cost to you.
- Public school jobs in locations throughout Korea: city, rural, mountains, beach.
- Housing provided free of charge
- Health insurance provided
- 20 vacation days a year + Korean public holidays
- Bonus, Settlement Allowance and Airfare reimbursement
See job details below
About Teaching in Korea
As a teacher in the public school system you are an employee of government school board bodies, therewith enjoying very good employment conditions. Being well paid and housed for free, teachers have the ability to live well and save money at the same time. You can expect to spend anywhere between $500 - $1000 on cost of living: food, transportation and going out, depending on how splurge you want to go and whether you're in an urban or rural area. This means you can save more than half of your income to take home with you.
As a foreign teacher you pay very little in taxes, between 4-7% (Canadian and Irish citizens only - citizens of other countries don't pay any tax). As per Korean labour law, upon completion of your contract you will receive 1 month's pay for every year you have worked for your employer. This is on top of the entry and exit allowance of 1.3 million Won (about $1200) that you receive to cover your travel expenses.
We will support you all the way from collecting your documents for your visa and application to making sure you arrive safe and sound at your destination. Added to that, we have extensive experience working with both governments and private schools in countries around the region. Our Korean Public Schools Team has a wealth of experience: we have a local office in Korea as well as Korean staff here at the office in Vancouver to assist you. So what are you waiting for? take your career on a field trip and live the experience of a lifetime.
- Monday to Friday
- 21 to 25 a week
- Office hours:
- 6 to 10 a week
- School type:
- Public school
- School size:
- 1000 to 2000 students
- Class size:
- 30 to 40 students
- Local teachers:
- over 20
- Foreign teachers:
- Covered by entry/exit allowance 1.3 million won will be provided
- Provided free of charge
- 2 - 2.7 million Won /month ($1800 - $2500) depending on qualifications
- Health insurance provided
- 18 vacation days a year + Korean public holidays
- Upon completion of 1-year contract, size of 1 month's salary
- Settlement allowance:
- Teachers receive a 300,000 Won settlement allowance upon arrival
- Must be a native speaker of English, clear tone of voice
- Must have one of these passports: US, CA, AU, NZ, SA, IE, UK
- Bachelor's degree in any field. Teachers with higher qualifications may be offered higher salaries
- No teaching experience required. Teachers with experience may be offered higher salaries
- TEFL/TESL certification might be required based on experience; for more details review notes section below in blue.
After clicking "Apply Now" and filling out the registration form, one of our recruiting specialists will schedule a screening interview on the phone.
Note: There has been some confusion as to the new TEFL requirements.
The required skills needed to teach in the EPIK program are:
Must be a native English speaker, AND must have ONE of the following
1. Bachelor's Degree in English or Education OR
2. Master's Degree OR
3. Bachelor's Degree in any discipline in combination with:
- TEFL/TESOL (100+ hrs), preference given to those with 20+ hours in class
- Teaching Certificate/License
- 1+ years of Teaching Experience
If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com