|Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg|
Non-tenure track English Speaking and Writing professor position for 2013 fall semester at the Department of English Language and Literature, SOONGSIL UNIVERSITY
Posted By: Soongsil University <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: Tuesday, 7 May 2013, at 10:30 a.m.
The Department of English Language and Literature at Soongsil University invites applications for a non-tenure track full-time English Speaking and Writing professor position beginning September 1, 2013.
Applicants are invited for a two-year position as a full-time, non-tenure track professor of English Speaking and Writing starting September 1, 2013. You may choose either a 12-hour-per-week or a 15-hour-per-week basic teaching load at the time of signing the contract. Overtime is paid for additional teaching hours.
The position is for teaching courses in the areas of English writing and speaking (course titles and content are subject to change). The courses are elective courses for English major students, and the goal of the courses is to help students improve their speaking skills and general writing fluency, as well as academic skills in composition. Courses may also include general elective courses.
- Native speakers of English with an MA (minimum)
- Academic background in TESOL or English language and literature
- English writing and reading teaching experience (university-level)
- Availability for teaching demonstration and interview on Saturday, May 25, 2013
- Christians whose beliefs correspond with the founding philosophy of Soongsil University
Salary and Benefits
- Starting salary from 37,200,000 KRW per year for 15 hours per week of teaching during the spring and fall semesters (31,000,000 KRW for 12 hours of teaching per week)
- Overtime extra pay
- 16 weeks of paid vacation (8 weeks in the summer and 8 weeks in the winter)
- Health Insurance: National Health Insurance
- Pension: Korea Teachers’ Pension Plan
- A good working environment
- Housing available on request
How to Apply
- Original documents should be scanned and attached in the application e-mail.
- File capacity limit: Attached documents exceeding 10 megabytes will not be accepted.
- It is imperative that applicants follow the instructions below.
1. First Round – Application Screening
Email to Request Necessary Documents
Please email email@example.com for copies of items 1, 2 and 3 (the Employment Application Form, the Personnel Questionnaire and the Confirmation of Faith).
Please send the following by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:00 A.M., Monday, May 20, 2013:
1) Employment Application Form with a recent photo (3.5 X 4.5)
2) Confirmation of Faith (may be submitted as late as Saturday, May 25)
3) Letters of recommendation (one minimum) including referees’ contact information (scanned and attached)
4) Copy of ID page of passport (scanned and attached)
2. Second Round – Interview and Teaching Demo
Applicants who pass the initial screening process will be invited (contacted by Wednesday, May 22) for a face-to-face interview on Saturday, May 25, 2013 and will be required to do a short demonstration lesson. At the time of the interview and teaching demonstration, the following documents will need to be presented:
1) Originals of all diplomas or copies apostilled, or verified by the Korean Consulate in the country of your nationality, or attached with documents issued by the Korean Council for University Education and certificates
2) Current National Criminal Background Check
3) Original of official documentation of previous employment (‘employment certificate’ or ‘경력증명서’)
4) Copy of both front and back of Alien Registration Card
3. Third Round – Hiring Process
A successful candidate who passes all the recruiting rounds will be contacted and will be required to have the following documents in hand for the candidate’s own visa:
1) Original diploma and copy of diploma with an apostille
2) Original official documentation of previous employment
3) Original National Criminal Background Check
4) Three recent color photos (3.5 X 4.5 cm)
5) Health check-up results (http://www.hikorea.go.kr)
Additional document required upon hiring: Personnel Questionnaire
1) Application Deadline (First Round) - 11:00 A.M., May 20th, 2013
2) Document authenticity: all documents submitted must be originals.
3) Interview (Second Round): Candidate must be available for a teaching demonstration and a face-to-face interview on the 25th day of May at Soongsil University in Seoul.
4) Contract period: The initial contract is for two years (September 1, 2013 to August 31, 2015). Renewal is based on the student-teacher course evaluations and administrative assessment.
5) Visa: Soongsil University will apply for your visa at the Seoul Immigration Office (a successful candidate is responsible for preparing the necessary visa documents).
6) Notification: Only successful candidates will be contacted.
|Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg|
Dave's ESL Cafe Korean Job Board is maintained by Dave Sperling with WebBBS 4.33.