|Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg|
Canadian Owned and Managed, Family run school in Jiujiang, Jiangxi
Posted By: Upper Canada <[email protected]>
Date: Thursday, 2 January 2020, at 5:33 p.m.
Canadian owned and operated. English teachers needed for February (one) and May (one)
We are a school in Jiujiang, Jiangxi. I am Canadian and I operate the school with my Chinese wife. We opened last year and we are now in need of two more teachers to help us. We just moved back to China from Canada this year to allow our son to go school here (he is 6 years old) to master his Mandarin. Our school is over 6000 square feet. You have a large office, western bathroom, and we have a great kitchen in the school. The school was a Chinese daycare before, we bought it and renovated it into an English school. Our students are mostly primary school kids with some middle school as well.
I have been teaching overseas for almost 15 years. I know your needs. We are family based, so we can help you with anything. It will be just myself, my wife, and two English teachers (you). We have a cook and a cleaning lady, one full-time IT staff that can assist you with any problems, and a couple of reception staff as well.
Here is what we can offer you: remember, if you require additional services, etc., just ask us. I know how it feels to move to a new country!
1. 12,000 RMB per month plus an additional 12,000RMB after you complete your one year contract (about $2500CDN a month).
2. A free, fully furnished apartment that is a 3-4 minute walk to our school. It is located in a private secured compound called Greentown. Our family lives in the same compound. It overlooks the lake. You will share the apartment with one other teacher of the same gender. You will have everything you need, linens, dishes, cooking, washing, you name it.
3. We will reimburse you for your flight expenses on your first day of work or pay up front if desired.
4. We will provide you with your work visa and health insurance.
5. We can offer and assist you with almost anything you need really from opening your bank account, getting your driverís licence, gym membership, Chinese lessons, and a complete list of services; setting up your phone, transportation, restaurants, shopping, travelling, all to be booked and assisted by my wife. We will treat you as we would ourselves. Just ask us, please.
6. We will provide you with a 2 week paid holiday in mid-August and another 2 week paid holiday in mid-January or February. Also, you get every Chinese holiday in the calendar as well. Not too bad if you ask me. Thailand and Vietnam, for example, are a 3 hour flight from Nanchang (the capital of Jiangxi) which is less than 2 hours from our school by car. Iíll take you to the airport myself. Enjoy!!
7. We will pick you up at Nanchang airport ourselves. Weíll take you directly to your apartment. You can relax for a couple of days and rest. Let us know in advance what you would like to eat and we will stock your fridge and cupboards with enough food to last you until we take you shopping at an international supermarket called Metro. You can find ANYTHING you want there. Trust me.
8. You will teach 18 hours a week. You will have your own classroom for the year with all resources. Each class has a maximum of 6 students. The students are divided into age ranges and they vary from 5-6 year olds to middle school. Most of your students will be from grades 1-5. So, you will have 9 classes of 6 students per class and teach them twice a week for the year. We may need to add 2 more hours of teaching time to your schedule in the future. If so, we will increase your salary as well by $200CDN. This would be the maximum teaching hours though. I only require 3 hours a week of office time for you to print and be ready for your lessons.
What we need from you:
1. Hold a passport from Canada, USA, Australia, UK, New Zealand
2. Have a university degree in any discipline
3. Have a clean criminal record
4. Be under 60 years old
5. Have or are willing to complete a 120 hour TEFL/TESOL only if you have less than 2 years of ESL teaching experience(we can assist you with this)
Once you contact us, we will send you a link to see the apartment, our school, services in Jiujiang, where Jiujiang is located in China, and other information that might interest you. The pictures in the link are just some of the pictures of the school.
The salary might be higher at other schools, but I cover FULL expenses for you such as airfare, apartment, visa and medical. Also, only 6 students per class and only 18-20 hours a week of work. Lesson plans are provided. One month of paid holiday plus Chinese holidays and a full month salary as a bonus when you complete your one year contract (you get it regardless of signing up again or not). You can save $15,000CAD without trying. Jiujiang has every western amenity you could ask for. We are not a franchise. Just an experienced couple that opened a school. And, I am Canadian, so you know you get answers to any of your questions or concerns immediately.
I appreciate all replies, but I will only reply to applicants that are from the above mentioned countries of Canada, UK, USA, New Zealand and Australia. Thank you.
Contact: Cary Meunier, [email protected] and [email protected] with your interest. Thank you.
|Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg|
Dave's ESL Cafe China Job Board is maintained by Dave Sperling with WebBBS 4.33.