|Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg|
Hiring a native EFL teacher - Shenyang Korean International School
Posted By: Shenyang Korean International School <[email protected]>
Date: Saturday, 19 October 2019, at 10:47 a.m.
Hiring a native EFL teacher - Shenyang Korean International School -
Shenyang Korean International School (SKIS) has a position open for full-time EFL English teachers for this coming semester
Shenyang Korean International School (SKIS) is hiring professional teachers, who are citizens of one of the following English speaking countries: US, Canada, UK, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, or South Africa. Shenyang Korean International School was officially opened with approval from the Korean and Chinese governments in 2006. Our school consists of Kindergarten (age 4-6 with 13 students in total), Elementary (grade 1-6 with 52 students in total), Middle and High School (grade 7-12 with 91 students in total) departments. All students in Shenyang Korean International School are Korean, and we have around 30 teachers including four native English teachers and six native Chinese teachers.
SKIS is located in Shenyang, which was the capital city of the Qing Dynasty. Shenyang (Chinese: öØ阳) is the provincial capital and the largest city of Liaoning Province, China, as well as the largest city in Northeast China by urban population.
1. Position Description:
•Contract duration: Minimum of two years with the possibility of renewal, starting March 1, 2020. (2020.03.01 – 2022.02.28)
It is preferable for new teachers to arrive in China a few days early to settle down and go to school from February 21st ~ 28th for teachers' workshops.
• Working hours: from 8:10am to 4:10pm, Monday to Friday (On a few occasions, work may be required on Saturday when the school has an event.)
• Weekly classes: maximum of 20 classes/week, 45 minute class periods, average class size: about 15 students.
• Subject Area: EFL listening, speaking, reading, and writing for G1 ~ G12 area. One teacher will teach high elementary and middle school students and the other will teach middle and high school students. Please show your preference in the cover letter.
• Winter & Summer English Camps: When students want an English camp during the vacation, you will be required to teach at the camp for about 1-2 weeks. This will be paid additionally.
2. Salary and Benefits (pre-tax)
• Salary: Total 17,500 RMB (before tax) per month
-Details (Basic Salary: 13,000 RMB per month, Administrative Allowance in English Department: 1,000 RMB, Housing Allowance: 3,500 RMB per month)
• Bonus: 26,000 RMB bonus upon the completion of a two year contract
• Opportunities are given to teach after school classes with extra pay.
• Paid summer and winter vacation: All teachers should work for about one week of each vacation for workshops, organizing the office, grading process works, etc.
• Extra benefits
- Visa fee reimbursement
- Free transportation, provided you live along the school's bus routes
- Free lunch. Dinner is also provided for the teachers who choose to teach after-school classes
- Airfare to/from your home country: one-way economy class airfare from near your home city reimbursed in the first month of teaching and a one-way economy class return ticket to near your home city reimbursed upon completion of the last contracted period
• Visa: Working Z visa provided
• Applicants currently working in China on a Z visa are preferred.
3. Required Qualifications
•Route 1: Bachelor's Degree from a university in an English-speaking country in any subject area
•Route 2: Degree from a university in an English-speaking country related to
English or education
• ESL certificate (CELTA, TESOL, or TEFL) are preferred
• Teaching experience of more than 1 year and a teaching qualification is preferred
• Interview via Skype or WeChat will be arranged for the applicants who are out of Shenyang and abroad.
¡Ø Application document review => Interview => Notice of acceptance => Submission of documents for visa
5. How to apply
Send the following 4 items to Gloria Kim (Head of International English Education Dept.) by email. : [email protected]
• full resume with recent photo and contact numbers
• cover letter
• copy of diploma or degree and any certificates
• scanned copies of your passport
**Please note: the visa process takes 2-4 months, so interested applicants should submit application as soon as possible
• Address of School
ñé国 辽宁àý öØ阳ã¼ 浑Ñõ区 Ñõ屏东ÖØ 10Ë£号-2
Shenyang Korean International School
No.10A-2, Nanping East Road, Hunnan District, Shenyang, Liaoning, China
zip code 110168
(TEL +86-24 3139 - 3029, 3015)
Basic Monthly Costs (estimates provided by teachers currently living in Shenyang)
Around 2000-2500 CNY per month. It is likely you will need to pay for 6 months or the whole year of rent plus one month deposit and a realtor fee when you sign the rental agreement. Apartments are usually equipped with basic furniture and appliances. (bed, closet, sofa, cooking stove, fridge, washing machine, etc.)
Average 100 CNY
Average 50-70 CNY
-Cell phone bill
Average 50-80 CNY
Average 50-100 CNY
Varies depending on how much you eat at home and if you entertain, will cost approximately 1000 CNY
-Transportation in city
Taxi: 8-20 CNY per 1 way trip in city destinations
Bus: 1-2 CNY per trip
-One meal in a restaurant
For local food average 20-40 CNY
for Western food average 40-60 CNY
Relatively the same price as in the USA or South Korea, however, if it's made in China, labels will be mostly in Chinese, so I suggest bringing them from home
|Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg|
Dave's ESL Cafe China Job Board is maintained by Dave Sperling with WebBBS 4.33.