The position and opportunity to become a Partner.
Canadian Way Language Institute is looking for foreign English teachers to join their dynamic team.
Canadian Way Language Institute was established in 2009. The school was founded by two Canadian teachers with over 15 years of teaching experience each. At Canadian Way, their mission is to ensure that their students learn to truly use English. In order to achieve this, they focus on developing each student's ability to listen, speak, read, decode and understand. This is accomplished through their proprietary teaching method that includes immersion, critical thinking and most importantly building of interest through active classroom learning.
Shantou is a coastal city with multiple high-speed trains running daily to Shenzhen (2.5hours) and Xiamen (1-2hours).
Only a short ferry trip away you'll find yourself at Qing Ao Bay to the east of Nan Ao Island is a huge, moon-shaped body of water lined with a soft-sand beach that stretches for more than 2km. Sheltered by casuarina trees and encircled by eye-catching pavilions, the bay is the site of resorts and leisure facilities (for sailboarding, boating and golfing among other activities).
Duties and responsibilities:
- To ensure that all lessons are thoroughly planned and prepared.
- To teach all classes assigned (up to 25 hours per week).
- To assist with administration and / or school development and promotion
- To attend all staff meetings and teacher development meetings.
- To be present and prepared for the class a minimum of 10 minutes before class begins
- To conduct himself/ herself in a professional and responsible manner at all times.
- To treat all students, customers, co-workers, parents and potential customers with respect and courtesy at all times.
- RMB 12,000 - 15,000 Monthly (Negotiable)
- With optional overtime equivalent to RMB 5,000 on-top of monthly salary
- The package increases yearly by 8-15%
- The owners are looking for a teacher to partner with once they've completed 2-3 years of service.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher
- Teaching experienced preferred
- Native English speaker from the UK, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand or South Africa
- Highly motivated, Self-starter, Energetic and has a passion for teaching.
- Salary depends on qualifications and experience
- Free Fully Furnished accommodation near the school
- Visa/Work Permit Assistance
- Overtime Pay per hour
- Paid Holidays
- Full Flight Reimbursement after contract completion OR Contract completion Bonus
How to Apply:
Please send the following to Marcel at [email protected]
- Covering letter
- Recent photo
- Degree and TEFL certificates (scan)
- Passport photo page (scan or a clear photo)
- Availability to start work
- Include in the subject heading: Canadian Way Language Institute
Please contact me if you have any questions.
I look forward to receiving your application.