|Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg|
International Admissions Counselor Position in Beijing, China
Posted By: Due West Education <[email protected]>
Date: Friday, 11 January 2019, at 4:00 p.m.
Due West Education – Job Posting: International Admissions Counselor
Are you looking to explore or further develop a career in international education? Do you want to live in Beijing, a dynamic capital city? Are you seeking a challenging and rewarding work experience, with opportunity for professional development and leadership advancement? Do you want to work with a passionate, diverse – and fun-loving – team?
If you answered “yes” to all of the above, applying to work with Due West Education should be your next move!
Due West Education is an international education consulting company. For over nine years, our business has been unlocking human potential and helping students from different demographic backgrounds and education systems achieve their dreams. Our comprehensive programs focus on delivering educational services that both complement and supplement curricular experiences that students receive at their academic institutions. Since our founding, we have combated the unrealistic promises of agents, ineffective support from schools, misinformation among parents, and the proliferation of for-profit high schools to become one of the most established firms in China. And we’re looking for people to join our exceptional team!
We’re not here to be average…we’re here to be awesome!
Due West Education is seeking talented individuals to serve as Counselors on our Secondary School Admissions and Undergraduate Admissions teams. Counselors work directly with students, providing mentorship to develop their intellectual curiosity, extra-curricular impact, and readiness for college or secondary school. Competitive candidates will be able to thrive in a dynamic business environment and share our commitment to providing clients with high quality professional, ethical, and motivational advice as they navigate the American boarding school and college application process. We’re looking for team members who want to learn, develop professionally in their career, and make significant contributions to our growing organization. Our full-time positions are based in Beijing, China.
Secondary School Admissions
Counselors work with 5th–10th grade students applying to American boarding and junior boarding school programs.
Counselors work with 10th–12th grade students applying to American colleges and universities.
- Guide students through a process of self-discovery, help them identify their interests and ambitions, brainstorm authentic essay topics, and advise students on a comprehensive and cohesive application angle.
- Provide detail-oriented guidance on all components of students’ school applications, including school list generation, personal statement development, resume polishing, and interview preparation.
- Create and execute a plan for students’ personal and intellectual growth and realization of goals.
- Collaborate with parents and Due West Parent Coordinators to facilitate students’ development and provide updates on their progress.
- Support families with the specific problems faced by students applying from a global context.
- Collaborate with Due West Course Consultants in the sales process to represent the Undergraduate or Secondary School team and educate families about our programs.
- Represent Due West and provide support during presentations, marketing events, and business development initiatives.
- Contribute to the continued growth of a start-up education company by taking advantage of skills in writing, presentation design, public speaking, data management, and relationship building.
- Have fluent English skills, with strong reading, writing, and public speaking abilities
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited American institution
- Desire to work on a multi-cultural team in an international environment
- Creativity, flexibility, and the ability to work cooperatively
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Possess strong work ethic, communication skills, and organizational and time management abilities
- Desire to work in a fast-paced “start-up” environment
- Experience within rigorous academic and/or work environments
- Interest in learning and contributing to curriculum and program development
- Visa eligibility (non-Chinese citizens): minimum two years post-baccalaureate work (or graduate school) experience
- Mandarin language ability (not required; other East Asian languages also helpful)
- Cultural awareness, adaptability, and interest in China
- Previous experience in: teaching or educational counseling; admissions; development or fundraising; project management; direct customer service; and/or public relations/communications
- Desire to grow into a leadership position with increasing business development responsibilities
- Academic background in math, science, engineering, architecture, and/or artistic design
Employment Perks – Compensation & Benefits Include:
- Competitive industry salary commensurate with experience
- Full support in applying for and obtaining work and residence permits (for international applicants)
- Relocation assistance (for applicants residing outside of Beijing)
- Comprehensive health insurance plan
- 17 days of paid annual leave and all official Chinese public holidays
- Mandarin language classes
- Regular team-building and social activities
To Apply: Interested candidates should email a resume/CV and cover letter to: Charlotte Arneson, Manager of International Recruitment, [email protected]
About Due West Education
Founded in 2009 and based in Beijing, China, Due West Education is a growing and innovative education company passionate about helping students get the information and resources they need to succeed in an increasingly global society. This means providing transparent and comprehensive information for students about educational opportunities around the world, and also preparing these students to succeed once they have selected a program.
Due West is particularly driven to combat the rise of predatory “admissions agents,” by constantly striving to provide high-quality, ethical consulting without fail to each and every one of our clients. Our range of services include helping students identify the best “fit” educational programs, helping guide them through the admissions process, and providing in-depth classes about succeeding in a competitive Western academic environment.
Due West Core Values
Due West believes in the importance of integrity, honesty and transparency in all of our interactions. We do not believe in taking short cuts and will never compromise the trust that our students, parents and team members place in us.
We are genuinely committed to our students and their families, to our company mission and values, and to each other. These commitments foster a culture of respect, cooperation and responsibility.
Due West believes in maintaining a global perspective in a rapidly shrinking world. We value international experience and promote cross-cultural understanding as a powerful means for individuals to broaden their horizons and grow as students and professionals.
Due West believes that with the right mix of talent, hard work and, most importantly, determination, almost anything is possible. We aim to foster this determination in each of our students as they strive to accomplish their goals.
We encourage our students to be leaders in their schools and communities and expect our team members to consistently develop their leadership and managerial skills.
Due West constantly strives to develop innovative products and services to address our students’ unmet needs. We always encourage our students and team members to think outside the box and to engage in creative problem-solving.
|Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg|
Dave's ESL Cafe China Job Board is maintained by Dave Sperling with WebBBS 4.33.