|Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg|
International Montessori Lead Teacher in Beijing
Posted By: Etonkids Educational Group <[email protected]>
Date: Wednesday, 7 March 2018, at 12:22 p.m.
OVERALL POSITION PURPOSE
The Lead Teacher (LT) plays an essential role in managing the classroom, executing the Montessori curriculum, and supervising her classroom team under the guidance of his/her Campus Principal and the Deputy Head of the Academic Department. The LT typically serves as member of campus teaching staff though it provides low supervisor support to the assigned classroom team. As such, the LT provides basic functional leadership. The LT generally is responsible for direct instruction and education for all assigned classroom children as well as guidance and support to all team members in his/her designated classroom regarding Montessori and developentally appropriate education.
• Establish classroom policies, procedures, and forms to successfully implement the Montessori curriculum; proactively assist team members in his/her designated classroom in the implementation of the Montessori curriculum; regularly observe, advise, and evaluate team members as well as provide ongoing feedback for further development; and provide appropriate feedback, address issues/concerns, and identify follow-up tasks when conducting evaluations.
• Act as a coach and mentor to help team members expand their repertoire of instructional activities and provide advice on all curricula issues for successful implementation; provide orientation for new team members within his/her classroom as well as ongoing field training to improve instruction and curricula delivery, modeling effective and appropriate teaching strategies when needed; and identify developmental needs of team members within his/her classroom and organize and conduct meetings and trainings with them.
• Maintain courtesy, respect, and positive disciplinary procedures with children; ensure each child receives equal opportunities for education in all areas of learning according to the child’s developmental needs; prepare and provide a safe environment for the children placed in your charge in which the furnishings and materials are complete and correspond to the needs of the group; and place the child’s interests and learning first above any other considerations.
• Prepare and manage the classroom budget as well as maintain a standard list of required Montessori materials as well as inventory for his/her classroom; assess classroom needs and prepare requests for materials, furnishings, and supplies within the framework of the budgeting process; maintain current accurate academic and attendance records for each child; prepare a detailed accident report in the event of an accident or injury, documenting what took place; issue a monthly home portfolio (approved by the Principal) on each child; assist in interviewing prospective students when necessary; keep daily up-to-date records of all developmental progress of each child; and keep the Principal informed of any continued negative behavior on the part of a child that is inappropriate or affecting the rights of other children (This includes things the Lead Teacher feels are significant enough to report to the parents).
• Maintain a professional, not personal, relationship with parents and share necessary information in a timely and helpful way; coordinate parent-school communication and ensure each family receives bulletins, newsletters, and other handouts, paying special attention to exceptional family situations; assist in the admissions process by arranging a time for parents to observe in the classroom, assisting with the screening of visiting students and conducting home visits; and consciously work at developing close, trusting, and effective relationships with parents, encouraging them to bond with both their child’s classroom and the larger school community
• Assist the Deputy Head of the Academic Department in implementing the organization’s academic strategy and promoting its activities to internal stakeholders; ensure all curricula content is appropriate for use by young children within the Etonkids early childhood settings and provide ongoing feedback; and alert the Deputy Head of the Academic Department of any relevant issues/concerns within the department or in regard to the curriculum.
• Develop the role of the Academic Department within the organization, sharing good practice, setting standards, and operating processes where appropriate; attend and participate actively in regular organization meetings and trainings; and maintain, update, and develop personal and professional knowledge and skills, using the KPI System.
• Establish and maintain cogent working relationships with the organization’s other departments; develop formal presentation skills (either written or verbal) to highlight the Montessori Lead
Teacher’s role and the service that the Academic Department provides; and be actively involved in the development of organization policies and procedures as well as their implementation and reinforcement of their use.
• Fulfill additional duties and responsibilities that are in line with the employment contract as instructed by Etonkids management.
Qualifications, Skills, Experience, and Competencies
• International 0-3 or 3-6 Montessori Certification (AMS or AMI preferred)
• Master’s Degree in Education (preferred; Bachelor’s Degree accepted)
• Minimum 2+ years in ELL early childhood education experience (preschool preferred)
• TEFL/TESOL/ELL Certification (preferred)
• Bilingual ability in both English and Chinese (preferred).
• Proven experience in the implementation of the Montessori Method.
• Proven experience in the field of preschool education.
• Proven experience working in an international school (in China) preferred.
• Decision Making: Knowledge of applicable resources required for program/service development, implementation, and assessment.
• Analysis: Ability to analyze data and information as well as identify patterns and trends and solve problems. Ability to formulate strategies for improved learning as a result of the above.
• Building and Leading Teams: Ability to provide academic, professional, and administrative leadership and direction, and to evaluate the work of others and enable their development through consultation, coaching, and support.
• Teamwork: Ability to develop effective interpersonal working relationships with all levels of administrative and academic staff.
• Shaping Direction: Ability to effectively engage and motivate staff, and focus on their professional development.
• Adaptability: Able to adjust and set new directions in response to changes in the environment, and to communicate and work effectively within a diverse community with outstanding interpersonal and community relations skills.
• Self Management: Self-motivated and proactive approach with ability to work with minimal supervision, posessing discipline and regard for confidentiality and security at all times.
• Attention to Detail: Meticulous Approach to self work and work of others.
Email - [email protected] / helen_2006 @ 163.com
|Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg|
Dave's ESL Cafe China Job Board is maintained by Dave Sperling with WebBBS 4.33.