|Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg|
Make your next career move in 2018 with Chongqing New Oriental School
Posted By: Chongqing New Oriental <[email protected]>
Date: Wednesday, 17 January 2018, at 4:54 p.m.
At Chongqing New Oriental, we are looking for full-time teachers to join our kidsí department, focusing on teaching English to children aged 3-12. You will be responsible for planning and give classes using our prepared course materials, communicate with Chinese colleague teachers in preparation for your classes and participating in school activities.
Teacher Support and Development:
You will be working in a small team with foreign management. Our world-class teacher development program will provide the opportunity to enroll in certification courses and training modules, thereby enabling you to advance your career beyond classroom teaching into potential education management positions in the future. Teachers will also be encouraged to participate in company-organized networking and social events, Chinese language classes and other community-based activities.
Planning and delivering English courses to children in small classes or workshops and one-on-one teaching.
- You are a native English Speaker from Canada, The U.S., Ireland, the U.K., Australia, New Zealand. Applicants from European countries will be considered as well but due to government regulations, applicants from other countries cannot be considered.
- You have at least a Bachelor's degree and hold a relevant teaching certificate (TEFL, TESOL)
- You have 1-2 years of previous teaching experience, preferably in your home country, South-East Asia or in China.
- You are highly motivated and you can work with flexible timetables, you are active, outgoing and you love children!
- Competitive Salary of 13,000 yuan (pre-tax).
- A 5-day work-week. 2 days off during the weekdays.
- A maximum of 80 teaching hours per month.
- No office hours.
- 6-12 students in a class, students age from 4-12.
- Course Material provided by the school.
- Chinese National Holidays off and additional 10 days paid leave.
- Medical Insurance and accident insurance.
- Airport/Train station pickup and arrival assistance '
- We will assist you with finding an apartment and getting settled into your new life in Chongqing.
Arguably one of the most economically important cities in Western China, Chongqing is a modern city of opportunities. Located among water reserves, mineral resources, dense forests, mountains and valleys, Chongqing has become the economic center and a major transportation hub since its separation from Chengdu province in 1996. Chongqing is one of 4 direct-controlled municipalities in China, the other three being Beijing, Shanghai, and Tianjin. Chongqing is a vibrant mix of western and Chinese culture as well of a stunning mix of the modern and traditional China. In the city center, you'll find big shopping malls adorned with brand names such as Gucci, Armani, and LV but as you move toward the country-side you'll find old town districts like Ciqikou which appears to have simply stopped in time a hundred years ago. In the streets of Ciqikou you'll find old traditional foods, an older feel and atmosphere and the traditional houses with the curved tiled roofs. There is also plenty to eat in Chongqing and aside from the near-world famous Chongqing Hotpot you'll find almost every kind of food imaginable, from all over the world.
To apply for the position:
To be considered for the teaching job at New Oriental, please send an email to the Foreign Teacher Supervisor, Mikkel with a ZIP file containing the following documents:
- A copy of the information page of your passport
- A recent photograph
- A recent resume
- A copy of your highest Degree Certificate
- A copy of your TEFL/TESOL/Teacher Certification
- Recommendation Letters from previous employers
You should also consider preparing a video demo class that we can use to assess your teaching skills. This is not an examination, but it is a good indication of what you have learned that we can build on.
If you do not hear back from me within two weeks of sending your application, you can send your application once again to make sure that we have received and reviewed it. We do our best to respond to all our applicants, but some do slip through the cracks or get caught in spam filters. We would rather receive your application twice than not at all!
About New Oriental School
At New Oriental Education & Technology Group, our mission is to provide high quality, effective instruction to our students. To assist us in achieving this goal, we are constantly seeking the best and brightest from across the globe.
We are offering an opportunity to influence and impact lives; lives of students eager to learn and curious about the world around them; the opportunity to see the world from a different angle, an altered perception; the opportunity to live in a dynamic, rapidly developing country. We are offering the opportunity to be a teacher and mentor with the leading provider of private education in China, New Oriental Education & Technology Group.
Foreign Teacher Supervisor
Chongqing New Oriental POP Kids
|Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg|
Dave's ESL Cafe China Job Board is maintained by Dave Sperling with WebBBS 4.33.