|Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg|
Teach at a Public University in Henan
Posted By: Henan University of Urban Construction <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: Tuesday, 14 March 2017, at 6:46 a.m.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE LECTURER School of International Education / School of Foreign Studies
Henan University of Urban Construction (HUUC) is a public institution of higher and further education located in Pingdingshan, in central China's Henan province. HUUC was founded in 1983 and was given independent degree awarding powers in 2002.
Since becoming a university, HUUC has expanded the range of its academic portfolio and now offers a range of degrees in business, law, art and English in addition to its core programs in the fields of urban construction, civil engineering and architectural engineering. Over recent years, HUUC has become increasingly important to the local and provincial economy; supplying graduates who have much needed skills and knowledge.
During the coming year, the School of Foreign Studies at HUUC will introduce a second undergraduate degree program, a bachelor’s in Translation Studies, to complement its existing programs. HUUC will also become one of less than ten percent of universities in China which assesses spoken language as part of the TEM4 examination.
Due to the addition of a new degree program in Translation Studies and ongoing expansion of international partnerships, the School of International Education, in conjunction with the School of Foreign Studies, currently has three vacancies for English language teachers. These contracts will commence in September 2015 and will initially last for one year. Summer transfer arrangements can be made for applicants already in China.
These roles will involve teaching a mixed portfolio of courses, primarily to first and second year English major students. In addition to spoken English and basic phonetics, teachers may be required to deliver courses in reading or Western culture and history. Teachers will be expected to deliver sixteen classroom hours per week.
Summary of duties:
• 14-16 classroom hours per week across two 19-20 week semesters.Working hours over 16 will be counted as extra working hours with 100RMB/hour.
• Subjects taught: Spoken English; Extensive Reading; Western Culture & History; English for Tourism;Academic English for Civil Engineering and Water Supply and Drainage.
• Management of course and lesson outlines.
• Grading students and monitoring attendance.
• A monthly salary of 7000 RMB.
• A travel allowance of 2200 RMB paid on completion of the contract.
• Flight reimbursement up to the value of 8000 RMB.
• Free transfer from a working visa to a residential permit(Including medical inspection，foreign expert certificate, local registration).
• Accommodation in a furnished private 50 square meter apartment with a bedroom, a living room, a kitchen and a bathroom on campus (rent free and utilities included - electricity paid up to a certain amount)
• Teachers have free access to the internet in the private apartment.
• Four weeks holiday during the “Spring Festival” period (January/February) and six to eight weeks during the summer.
• Teachers are supplied with insurance paid by the university from Ping’an Insurance Corporation.
• Teachers are also entitled to all holidays normally observed within China.
• Teachers are also welcome to make use of a fully equipped heated and air conditioned office provided for international staff located within the School of International Education: photocopying and printing are supplied free of charge.
This role would suit an enthusiastic graduate who wants to develop their teaching experience in a challenging but rewarding environment. Successful applicants will have a good academic background and be confident enough to work independently and manage a classroom. A proactive attitude and a willingness to meet the challenge of living and working overseas is also essential.
Summary of qualification, experience and skills:
• A TEFL certificate is not essential but would be beneficial.
• At least two yearss working experience.
• Demonstrable ability to work independently in an organized manner.
• Professional demeanor – successful candidates will be a highly visible part of a campus community.
Successful applicants will be provided with a working visa, which will enable them to work and live in China legally for the duration of the contract. There are a number of requirements attached to this visa, these are stipulated by the State Administration for Foreign Experts and China's Entry/Exit Service.
In addition to the qualifications noted above, candidates must also be:
• Citizens of a country in which English is a native language.
• Between the ages of 25 and 58.
• Physically sound; capable of passing a basic medical inspection.
•Adaptable to a new environment and creative in solving problems.
How to Apply:
Please send you full CV and a covering letter (or formal email) stating why you are interested in teaching at HUUC to the address noted below. Applicants who meet the requirements will be placed on a rolling shortlist and interviewed by phone or Skype.
Should you have any questions about this job, the required qualifications, or what it is like to live and work in China then please get in touch. Contact details of current teachers can be supplied.
Email: email@example.com Wechat: babala_hn
University website: (English): http://english.hncj.edu.cn (Chinese): http://www.hncj.edu.cn
|Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg|
Dave's ESL Cafe China Job Board is maintained by Dave Sperling with WebBBS 4.33.