|Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg|
High salary, Great support, Teach kindergarten students, Get involved in cutting-edge research!
Posted By: EduConnex <email@example.com>
Date: Thursday, 9 March 2017, at 11:22 p.m.
• 2 Kindergarten Teachers at Sunflower Early Childhood Education Center (SECEC), affiliated Kindergarten with Centre for Language Acquisition and Precision Education (CLAPE). Introductions to SECEC and CLAPE are both attached.
• Students’ ages: 3-6 years old
• Workload: full-time, five days a week, eight hours a day (8:00-17:00)
• Native Speaker of English
• Bachelor degree with at least 2 years of working experience in pre- schools/kindergartens/elementary schools or related working environment
• Holder of Teacher License, Early Childhood Education certificate, or international language teaching qualification certificate (TEFL, TESOL, etc. )
• No criminal record and be in good health
• Devotion in education and care children;
• Kind, Patient, Motivated and Creative
• Love children and be enthusiastic for teaching jobs
• Good team work spirit
• Obey Chinese government’s laws, respect the Chinese culture and follow the basic rules and regulations made by the employer
• Minimum 1 year’s commitment;
Salary and Benefits:
• Pre-tax Salary: RMB 12,000 per month during the probation period (the first two months).
• Pre-tax Salary: RMB 15,000 per month after the probation period.
• Enjoy the statutory Chinese festivals / holidays of China (11 days in total)：
New Year: 1 day
The Spring Festival (Chinese New Year): 3 days
Qingming Festival: 1 day;
Labor Day: 1 day
Dragon Boat Festival: 1 day
National Day: 3 days
Mid-Autumn Festival: 1 day
• Health Insurance is covered
• Lunch and breakfast allowance
• Flight reimbursement up to RMB10,000 upon finishing one-year contract
• Settlement loan is available upon arrival which should be paid back by the time of contract termination
• Potential salary rise after one year
• Possible contract renewal after one year
• Sponsor work (Z) visa, Foreign Expert Certificate & Residence permit
• Assistance with daily life and cultural adjustment and emergency support
To apply, please send your
• cover letter, and
• contact information of two references
to: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
***Here, you will not only teach English to our lovely children, but also have tremendous opportunities to get involved in research led by the world-class professors and scholars from American, Canadian and Chinese universities. Such experience will make your resume shine, and greatly help your future studies and career development!
Introduction to Sunflower Early Childhood Education Center
Located in Beijing, the capital of China, Sunflower Early Childhood Education Center (SECEC) was established in 2001. Since its inception, the center has developed gradually into a comprehensive education group, which currently owns a total number of 10 kindergartens located in different districts of Beijing. As one of the leading kindergarten groups in Beijing, SECEC recruits children from age of 2 to 6. The majority of the kids come from the local communities. Regularly, SECEC has more than 800 teachers with 3500 children in its different branches. From the very beginning of Sunflower, SECEC has been pursuing the mission of respecting children and guiding them, through a professional way, to achieve an all-around development in morality, intelligence, health, art and social skill, etc.
In recent years, SECEC has adjusted its educational strategies and upgraded its administrative system to cope with great challenges coming from the growing expectations of Chinese parents. One important progress that has been made ever since is the participation of FOBI English Immersion Project. At the beginning of 2015, SECEC made a decision to adopt early partial English immersion approach as its featured and unique way of instruction and started the FOBI English immersion experiment with support and assistance from professors and scholars of Centre for Language Acquisition and Precision Education (CLAPE).
FOBI is the acronym for “For the interest, On the interest, By the Interest”. Sticking to the basic concepts and principles of immersion instructions, FOBI English immersion put more emphasis on the interest of the kids who are immersed into English environment in their everyday life and expected to acquire English as a second language through a great variety of interesting games and activities. In order to strengthen international collaboration and further improve English immersion teaching quality, SECEC is now sincerely welcoming qualified kindergarten teachers and early childhood education majors to teach at its branch kindergartens in Chaoyang District, Beijing.
Center for Language Acquisition & Precision Education
The Center for Language Acquisition & Precision Education (CLAPE) is an international research center established through collaboration among Harvard University, Yale University, University of Toronto, Queen’s University, Brock University, Ohio University, Xi’an Jiaotong University, Shaanxi Normal University, Beijing International Studies University, Xi’an International Studies University and other research institutions. It is based in the city of Xi’an, the hub of the University Alliance of the Silk Road, which is an international academic alliance under the umbrella of China’s One Belt, One Road initiative that aims to build educational collaboration and fuel economic growth in countries along the Silk Road Economic Belt and key partners worldwide.
As a non-profit research institute, the CLAPE is committed to promote the language development of children and improve the quality of education. The Center aims to conduct scientific research projects and academic activities by working closely with universities, research institutes, kindergartens, elementary and secondary schools, and educational institutions and organizations in China and abroad. Researchers and educators from all over the world are warmly welcomed to participate in but not limited to the following research projects at CLAPE: (1) first language, second language, and bilingual & multilingual language acquisition, (2) language teaching and teachers’ training, (3) assessment and evaluation, (4) behavioral, cognitive and neural mechanisms underlying language development, (5) genetic studies of language difficulties, (6) early screening, diagnosis, and intervention of individuals with learning problems, and other relevant topics.
The CLAPE also plans to host international workshops, circulate scientific knowledge of language education, and provide academic lectures and training programs. By coordinating advanced academic and teaching resources, the CLAPE will attract more talents, experts and specialists in language acquisition, bilingual studies, TESOL, psycholinguistics, neurolinguistics, speech-language pathology and other relevant areas and encourage them to make substantial contributions to language teaching and educational research. In addition, CLAPE will provide workshops for the public audience, covering topics on language acquisition and development, early stage bilingual (foreign language) teaching, language (reading) difficulties and identification, and home literacy.
Introduction to EduConnex Consulting
EduConnex is a consulting company established in 2011 in Canada providing educational consultation and services to international students and organizations. The main services include:
o ESL study program and teaching material development
o University/graduate school application counseling
o International students recruiting
o Consulting services for Chinese educational institutions on the Canadian market
o Foreign teacher recruitment and Teacher training programs for Chinese institutions
o Sibling school relationship establishment
o Study aboard programs and summer/winter camps for international students
EduConnex Consulting is the party authorized by CLAPE to recruit teachers in English speaking countries for Chinese kindergartens and schools.
|Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg|
Dave's ESL Cafe China Job Board is maintained by Dave Sperling with WebBBS 4.33.