Welcome to Best Learning
Best Learning is a leading language school offering fun, engaging and effective English classes to young learner students. Whether you are a new or experienced teacher, if you have the ability to inspire children to learn and take pride in seeing your students develop, we would like to hear from you.
Best Learning has established 8 language centers in the capital city of Beijing and 18 center s in other major cities across China with plans for new schools soon. We employ over 100 English teachers, offering a supportive environment, excellent teaching materials, the latest in education technology and the chance for real career progression.
Our students are aged from 2 to 12 years old so teachers have the opportunity to teach a range of ages and abilities. Local teaching assistants are provided and lesson plans are all written so you can focus on teaching your classes. We use the communicative style of teaching, encouraging students to use English in a natural way and make use of flashcards, songs, drama, projects, group work and videos to enrich the learning experience.
Courses are structured around the highly regarded McGraw-Hill textbooks. While the focus is on teaching the English language, teachers also get the opportunity to teach some Math, Science, and Social Studies classes based on the American primary school system. You do not need an advanced knowledge of these subjects as they are geared towards young learners.
Class sizes are kept small to a maximum of 16 students per class. Computers and interactive white boards are installed in the classrooms giving teachers a new dimension to how they teach and an exciting way to engage students.
A word from one of our teachers
"Best Learning has the classroom well equipped. Each classroom has a computer, a white board and a projector. Also, Best Learning has a well prepared repertoire of lesson plans which really helps keep the teachers organized. They provide the books, lessons and even material for the activities with the students. All this help to make the classes more interesting and entertaining for the children."
- Zhara Fernandez
Living in Beijing
Teach English in Beijing and immerse yourself in the traditions of ancient China while also being a part of the exciting changes of a city on the cutting edge of modern culture. Beijing continues to be an exciting place for all things music, fashion and art with plenty of events and shows to attend. There is a thriving expat community in Beijing, with the Sanlitun area being a popular destination for both expats and trendy locals to mix and mingle over drinks.
- Native English speaker from USA or Canada
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- TEFL certificate (preferred but not required)
- Previous language teaching experience (preferred but not required)
- Energetic, open minded with a desire to work with children
- Maximum 25 hours teaching per week
- Up to 15 hours admin duties per week
- Deliver engaging, effective, learner-centered lessons to students aged 2-12 years old
- Complete all administrative tasks in a timely manner
- Actively participate in professional development workshops and activities
- Attend center activities, parties, open houses and other events
Total monthly package worth 14-20,000 RMB which breaks down as follows:
- Excellent base salary: 9,000 - 13,000 RMB per month (depending on experience and qualification)
- PLUS an additional 2,000 - 8,000 RMB per month depending on hours taught
- Housing allowance: 3,000 RMB per month
- Flight allowance: 7,000 RMB after 1 month OR 10,000 RMB after 12 months
- Paid holidays (Public holidays + Christmas and New Year's Day)
- Company health insurance provided
- Contract completion bonus: 6,000 RMB
- Hotel accommodation provided free for 15 days on arrival
- Visa documents provided
- Free Mandarin Chinese lessons
- Training course provided on arrival and on-going development
- Up to 8,000 RMB advance on your salary, interest free
- Second year salary increase of 12,000 RMB / annum
- Career development opportunities: teacher training, management, recruitment, marketing, multi-media design and curriculum development
How to Apply
Send the following to us at best@GoldStarTeachers.com
- Covering letter
- Recent, smart photo
- Passport photo page (scan)
- Degree & TEFL certificates (scan)
- Availability to start