|Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg|
Teach with EF English First in Central China!
Posted By: EF English First Zhengzhou <email@example.com>
Date: Friday, 2 May 2014, at 1:41 p.m.
Founded in 2001, EF English First Zhengzhou is part of the world's largest private education company - EF Education First, which specializes in English training, educational tours and cultural exchange.
We are now recruiting foreign teachers of English to join our international team of dynamic and student-oriented staff for our three centers in Zhengzhou, the capital city of Henan province in Central China. All of our centers are prime located within the city's commercial districts, and we have always been recognized as the premier high-end English language training organization not just in Zhengzhou but in the whole Henan province.
See us on Flickr (including photos of our credentials, awards, school environment and facilities, our staff, the types of free accommodation we have been providing to our foreign staff, indoor events, outdoor activities, school trips and our students etc.): http://www.flickr.com/photos/efzhengzhou/sets/
View our Tudou videos (Chinese interface): http://www.tudou.com/home/efzhengzhou
- Native-speaker or speaker of English with native-like proficiency
- Due to Chinese employment visa (category "Z") requirements for English-teaching positions, we can only consider candidates who are between 18 and 55 years of age, and hold a passport issued by one of the following countries: the US, UK, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Ireland and South Africa
Full-Time Teachers: 12 Months for the Initial Contract (extendable upon contract expiry)
COMPANY CREDENTIALS & AWARDS:
- Educational Institution Registration Number (School License Number): 141010570001201
- Certificate Authorizing Employment of Foreign Experts (Alien Employment Authorization) Serial Number: A2 4113038 (we were among the first group of language training schools that were granted alien employment authorization in Central China in 2001)
- 2013 "Best Teachers' Home" National Award (awarded by EF English First China)
- Most Influential Foreign Language Training Brand in Henan Province 2012 (awarded by QQ.com - the No.1 Portal in China)
- 1st Place (Top Prize) for Customer Service among EF English First Schools in China 2012 (awarded by EF English First China)
- Most Trusted Foreign Language School by Consumers 2008 (awarded by Henan Shang Bao - Henan Business Newspaper)
- Top Customer Satisfaction among Foreign Language Training Schools 2006 (by China Association for Small & Medium Commercial Enterprises and People's Daily Newspaper etc.)
Photos of the above credentials and awards (in the forms of certificates or award plaques) can be viewed at our Flickr site under "Credentials & Awards":
- Location, location, location: Zhengzhou is a major national transportation hub right in the center of China (located between Shanghai and Xi'an from East to West and between Beijing and Hong Kong from North to South) and boasts the largest railway station in Asia - Zhengzhou East Railway Station (with 16 platforms and 32 railway tracks), convenient for travelling around China during holidays and weekends.
- Much lower cost of living compared to Beijing/Shanghai/Coastal Industrial Areas, allowing for a much higher purchasing power and left-over disposable income.
- As the provincial capital of Henan, Zhengzhou lies on the southern bank of the Yellow River - the cradle of Chinese civilization, and is one of Eight Great Ancient Capitals of China, with three other Eight Great Ancient Capitals (and major tourist destinations) - Luoyang, Kaifeng and Anyang located next to Zhengzhou within the same province.
- Right at the epicenter of the economic and technological transformation of China's central region with currently more than 70% of Apple iPhones sold worldwide manufactured in Zhengzhou.
- Shaolin Temple (the ancient center of Chinese Kung Fu) is less than an hour's drive away from the city center.
WHAT WE OFFER (for Full-Time Teachers):
Please note that all money amounts quoted below and on our employment contracts are after-tax-and-other-deductibles take-home net amounts (thus the bracketed "net" after all quoted money amounts).
- Competitive Salary:
- Starting base salary of CNY6000-7500 (net) depending on qualifications and experience
- Starting base salary of CNY8500+ (net) for academic management positions (depending on qualifications and experience) plus opportunities to participate in the performance incentive scheme for academic managers with bonus payout linked to student population and course production
- Free housing, including essential amenities, provided by the School during employment term.
- Flight allowance of CNY9000 (net), payable in cash in two equal installments (i.e. CNY4500, net, for each installment), each after 6 months over a year's contract.
- Arrival support (including airport pickup) and free Mandarin Chinese lessons and textbooks.
- Dedicated Teacher Care Team (TCT) that assists our foreign staff members with both his/her initial and daily needs, including opening up a local bank account, setting up a mobile phone account, seeing a doctor, getting medicines from the local pharmacy, going to the hairdresser, arranging Mandarin lessons and providing textbooks (free of charge), showing around the local area and introducing various local amenities (including grocery stores, restaurants, gyms and parks etc.) and even getting pet vaccinations.
- Sponsored employment visa (category "Z") and "Foreign Expert" immigration status.
- Comprehensive medical and accident insurance with Ping An Insurance (as recommended by the State Administration of Foreign Experts Affairs) during employment term.
- Up to 40 working hours per week (including maximum contact teaching hours of 20 and 26 hours during non-peak and peak seasons respectively; Peak seasons: June-August and January-February).
- Annual paid holidays of 27 days - 17 days of public holidays (including Christmas Day and 6 days more than Chinaˇ¦s 11 days of annual statutory public holidays) plus 10 working days of paid holiday per full year contract (with annual paid holidays increased to 29 and 32 days during 2nd and 3rd year of employment respectively).
- Full participation of EF Zhengzhou's Quarterly Performance Incentive Scheme, with quarterly paid out bonuses linked to quarterly performance appraisals (with a guaranteed minimum of 5 teachers getting CNY2000, net, each every q uarter based on current policy).
- Opportunities to participate in the loyalty incentive scheme after a year's employment (CNY10,000, net, cash bonus payable during a two-year commitment term).
- Induction teacher training program and classroom-based professional development.
- All-paid-for EFˇ¦s own TEFL certification program - Cambridge ESOL TKT Teaching Knowledge Test (developed and operated by the University of Cambridge) as part of our induction training and CPD programs (Yes, that's why TEFL certificates or teaching experiences are not part of our application requirements).
- Various staff leave and welfare benefits such as paid marriage leave, maternity leave, paternity leave, sick leave and bereavement leave in addition to paid annual leave as well as EF Zhengzhou-sponsored and paid-for school trips, outings and social activities throughout the year (please refer to the above Flickr site for photos of our past trips and activities since our school's founding more than 11 years ago).
- Opportunities for career promotion and transfer within EF's global networks in more than 50 countries.
HOW TO APPLY:
It is simple - just send your CV/Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org (preferably with a recent photo of yourself and an indication of your earliest possible start date if your application turns out to be successful).
|Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg|
Dave's ESL Cafe China Job Board is maintained by Dave Sperling with WebBBS 4.33.