|Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg|
===> DIRECTOR OF STUDIES – Can you lead a team of international teachers? Well established young learner school in vibrant Tianjin: 13-15,000 RMB + housing + flights + more
Posted By: Gold Star TEFL Recruitment <mark@GoldStarTeachers.com>
Date: Tuesday, 10 December 2013, at 12:13 p.m.
Director of Studies for Young Learner Language School
Position: Director of Studies
Are looking for a challenging leadership role in education? Would you like to work with a fun and dynamic international team? Are you interested in opportunities for professional growth and development?
We are seeking a new Director of Studies (DoS) to join our team and manage one of our five schools.
Are You a Director with a Difference?
As the DoS you will be responsible for ensuring the academic integrity of the school so that our students receive the best possible English language education.
Vital to this role are strong people management skills and a flexible working style. You’ll have the ability to manage and develop a team of 6 international teachers.
You’ll be qualified with a degree and be a native English speaker and have good young learner teaching experience and training experience with a good understanding of the TEFL environment. Experience in a previous DoS role is desirable as is experience living and working in a foreign country.
Ideally you’ll possess outstanding organizational skills, be positive and enthusiastic in the workplace and show an eagerness to solve problems. A proven track record of building strong relationships with teachers, sales and service staff, customers and other senior managers is essential.
Above all you’ll be a person who has a passion for learning and a real commitment to leading and developing a team of teachers. You’ll be someone who is able to confidently craft a vision for the future of our flagship school, while effectively managing its day to day operations. This will require all of your creativity and initiative as you work mostly independently to plan and implement your new directives that will ensure further success for our school.
Come and Join our Successful Team
We are a proud and well established member of a multi-national education. Our first school opened in 2001 and since then we’ve been growing rapidly. We now have 5 schools and a successful Corporate Language Training Unit (CLT). Our English language programs cater to a diverse range of Chinese learners and we currently have over 4000 students studying with us. We offer curriculum for kindergarten, primary school and high school aged students. This position is for one of our schools which currently has 600 students enrolled, 80% of which are 3 to 10 year olds. The school employs 6 foreign teachers and 4 local teachers.
Tianjin – The City
Tianjin is located at northeast of North China, facing Bohai River on east and bordering the Yanshan Mountain in north. Only 30 minutes train ride from the capital city, Beijing, it was host to a number of events at the Olympic Games in 2008. A modern city nicknamed ‘The Shanghai of the North’, Tianjin is also blessed with an abundant variety of spectacular natural excursions.
Tianjin has a rich history that you’ll see in the old British and Italian concession areas, the port and the many examples of European architecture. As China’s third largest city with a population of over 10 million people, Tianjin is developing and modernizing rapidly. Fortunately, the city has retained an authentic Chinese way of life and you’ll find the people to be extremely friendly and the city to be very safe and inexpensive.
For more information on the city of Tianjin have a look at these sites:
• Manage the day to day and long term needs of the teaching team
• Facilitate professional development of teachers
• Provide the team with new ESL resource options
• Recruit and induct new teachers
• Manage the school’s extensive academic program
• Support our sales and marketing team
• Control our teaching schedule
• Implement initiatives that focus on continual improvement
• Develop and implement a strategic plan for the future of the school
Total monthly package value of 20,000 RMB per month, which breaks down as follows:
• Excellent salary: 13,500 – 14,000 RMB per month depending on experience
• Accommodation: 3,500 RMB allowance per month
• Flight allowance: 9,000 RMB
• Legal ‘Z’ work visa
• 15 days paid annual leave plus 12 days paid public holidays
• 12 months worldwide travel, property and health insurance
• Help on arrival – airport pickup, welcome pack, opening of a local bank account, internet setup, mobile phone account
• Fantastic career development opportunities here in Tianjin and as part of the world’s largest private language school
• Bachelor’s degree
• TEFL certificate
• Native English speaker from UK, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand or South Africa
• Previous DoS experience desirable
As well as
• Strong people skills, a flexible working style and creativity
• A wide range of teaching experience
• A good understanding of TEFL methodology
• China experience is preferred
How to apply
Please send the following to Mark at mark@GoldStarTeachers.com
• Covering letter
• Recent photo
• Degree & TEFL certificates (scans)
• Passport photo page (scan)
We are looking forward to hearing from you.
|Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg|
Dave's ESL Cafe China Job Board is maintained by Dave Sperling with WebBBS 4.33.