|Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg|
Teaching Positions in the Renowned city of Nanyang
Posted By: Nanyang Normal University <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: Wednesday, 23 October 2013, at 10:19 a.m.
Nanyang Normal University£¬founded in 1907, is situated on Wolong Hill in the west of the culturally renowned city of Nanyang. It is a full-time provincial undergraduate institute of higher learning in Henan Province of China. The university has ove r1500 full-time faculty and 25,000 full-time students. There are 61 undergraduate specializations covering 10 branches of learning which covers the Arts and Humanities, Science, Engineering, Law, Economics, History, Education , Business Management , Agriculture and Fine Art.
At present there are 7 foreign teachers teaching at the university including 4 English teachers,3 Japanese teachers. The main course the English teachers will teach is Oral Communication in English. You will be free to form your own teaching plan according to the needs of students from your unique qualifications and experience. You can develop your own curriculum within the broad framework of the university's degree program.
As some teachers will leave the school after their contract termination in January,2014, the University would like to seek at least 4 more native English speakers for teaching English and non-English Major students for the school year of Feb.2014 to January of 2015. The expected start teaching datefor the next semester is at the mid of Feb,2014.
The teaching requirement is 18- 20 teaching periods a week according to .the teaching needs£¨One period is 45minutes£©. School days run from 8.00 a.m. to 6.30 p.m. on weekdays. Any extra periods are by mutual agreement only and are paid as overtime .Class sizes are normally in the range of 15-30 Student ages range between 18- 22 and are a bit quiet at first, but very enthusiastic, hard working and highly motivated.
The university is very close to the busy center of Nan Yang . The city has a wide range of shops, restaurants, hotels and other facilities, including several large, luxury department stores. There is a big supermarket opposite the campus and there are a number of smaller shops and restaurants within the university grounds. Many vendors provide a wide range of goods, including fresh fruit, vegetables and hot street food near the campus.
Bachelor's Degree or above
At least One year's teaching experience
Native English speaker from UK, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand , Ireland and so on
Preferred but not needed: TESOL,CELTA, DELTA or other specialist certification.
Necessary materials provided by the applicant:
1. detailed resume with the starting and ending dates
2£®photocopy of the passport
3. Copy of the degree.
4. References from previous and present employers in the last two years
5. Copy of Educational certificates or TESL\TESOL\TEFL certificates, if applicable.
5. Release letters from the former employers if you worked in China before.
6. One electronic photo which size is no more than 200 KB
Salary: 6500- 7000 Yuan per month depending on your qualifications and teaching experience.
300Yuan utilities allowance per month.
2200Yuan travel allowance for one year contract . 1100 Yuan will be paid at the close of each semester.
Return economy airfare for one year contract. (Paid in two installments).
Free domestic transportation for coming and leaving .
One or two months paid vacation.
Medical Insurance£ºAccident and Critical illness insurance
All Internet charges will be paid by the university.
Rent-free accommodation in fully furnished flat. The apartment is private. All apartments include a big living room, kitchen, bathroom, a study and 2 bedrooms. Equipment includes TV, DVD player, Drinking water machine, shower, western-style toilet, microwave oven, air conditioner/heater, and computer with printer and free Internet access. You pay for utilities, which are normally in the range of 100-400 Yuan per month depending on the time of year.
Nan Yang ,the city which the university is located, is a famous cultural and historical city with a population of over 800,000. As one of the places that flourished during the Han Dynasty, Nan Yang has many scenic spots and places of historical interest, which have a high aesthetic and cultural value. The Wu Hou Temple in honor of Zhuge Liang, an outstanding statesman and strategist in the period of Three Kingdoms, the memorial Temple of the Medical Sage, Zhang Zhongjing, and the museum of Han Dynasty Stone Carving are all nearby. Funiu Mountain in Nanyang is listed in the network of World Geo-parks by UNESCO. The world famous Shaolin Temple is also quite near the city, and can be easily visited on a day trip.
There are good air ,rail and bus links to other regions including fast train services to Beijing, Shanghai, Guang zhou, Xi-an, and flights to cities such as Beijing, Shanghai , Guang zhou , Shen Zhen ,Chengdu and Guilin..
Interested in an exciting, creative teaching experience among some of the most motivated students, Please contact:
Zheng Ann, Director of Foreign Affairs Office
Phone and fax: 0086- 377- 63513640
Add: Foreign Affairs Office,
Nan Yang Normal University
1638 Wolong Road
Nan Yang City, Henan Province,
The school website: http://www.nynu.edu.cn
PS: Nanyang Normal University is recruiting with high-pay the outstanding young chinese scholars overseas
1. age under 45 years old ,in good health, with high morality, rigorous study and honest in academic research, with team work spirit as well as leadership be healthy
2. Doctor degree obtained from a prestigious oversea university, position acquired as an assistant professor and above or other corresponding position from high-level universities or research institution overseas, over 3- year work experience abroad.. If the doctor degree was awarded in Chinese university, over 5 years oversea working experience is a must
3. great achievements made in the relevant academic field research
working and living conditions:
1. The starting scientific research fund is 1to 3million Yuan RMB for science and engineering and 0.5 to 1 millionYuan RMB for humanities and social sciences
2. An apartment of about 130©O provided by the university
3. Yearly salary is from 300,000to 600,000Yuan RMB
4. Housing subsidy and settling-in allowance is 1million Yuan RMB
5. Work assistant provided and academic team will be built according to needs
6. the spouse's job will be provided by the university
If you're interested in the position, please send the materials to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
1. the detailed resume including name,sex, nationality, professional ranks and titles, position, education background, work experience, memberships and volunteer work, scientific research fund given and the certificates awarded for your educational level, academic degree and working proof.
2. the main academic achievements in the last 5years including dissertations, books, patents, certificates of awards
3. the working plans and research goals with your new employment
|Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg|
Dave's ESL Cafe China Job Board is maintained by Dave Sperling with WebBBS 4.33.