|Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg|
BROADEN YOUR HORIZONS: TEACH ENGLISH AS A FOREIGN LANGUAGE IN ROMANIA - ENGLISH SUMMER CAMP 2020
Posted By: IN ACTION OUTDOOR <[email protected]>
Date: Sunday, 12 January 2020, at 5:42 p.m.
“In Action Outdoor “ is a Romanian foundation which provides interactive activities for children and teenagers based on the concept of learning by doing. We have understood the importance of English language acquisition nowadays and that is why we are focused on providing our students with courses, camps , trips and other interactive activities, all meant to encourage them to learn English.
Our camps are well known in Romania now as we have a history of 15 years. Our motto is: “English by all means” and that is what we strive to do during our summer camps in these 2 wonderful locations:
1st LOCATION: http://pensiunea-miruna.ro/
Pensiunea “Miruna” – Sambata de Sus ,Brasov – 20th of June-5 th of July 2020.
Located in a wonderful area not far from Brasov City, Sambata de Sus is an oasis of peace, harmony and fresh air with springs from Fagaras Mountains. Surrounded by hills, mountains and forests, “Miruna” Complex provides the ideal conditions for an unforgettable stay.
Arriving in RO on the 19th / 20th of June 2020
Leaving RO on the 18th – 19th of July 2020
2nd LOCATION- http://www.grandhotel-perlaciucasului.ro/
Complex turistic “Grand Hotel Perla Ciucasului” , Brasov-5th of July- 15th of August 2020.
Arriving in RO on the 18th-19th of July 2020
Leaving RO on the 15th of August 2020
This English summer camp has been organized for 15 years in different locations and it is very popular among Romanian pupils.
The NATIVE OR ENGLISH NATIVE speakers trainers/volunteers are expected to teach English through games, drama and other fun activities to the pupils (aged between 7 and 16). However, it is not the trainer’ responsibility to look after the children. There will be teachers to do that. There will be around 170 children in the camp and 12 trainers working with them, with a ratio of one trainer to about 15-20 children.
The timetable is very flexible and it is always planned and discussed with the trainers in advance. We are dedicated to making the trainers’ stay in Romania a memorable one. Our pupils speak very good English so communication with them will not be a problem. However, the younger ones may need support and guidance sometimes but organizers and other teachers are there to help all the time. We think that there is no right or wrong way to teach and we believe that each NATIVE OR ENGLISH NATIVE speakers trainer brings his or her own style and ideas. If a trainer ever becomes stuck for ideas or just needs a little support, the camp organizers are always there to help.
PROVISIONAL TIMETABLE (SUBJECT TO CHANGE):
• 9:30 - 12:30 – morning lessons (with half an hour break) – informal lessons: games, mime, debate, drama;
• 12:30 - 14:30 – lunch break;
• 15:00 - 18:30 – afternoon activities: hiking and trips / workshops (painting, music, drama, dance, sports etc.;)
• 20:00 - 20:30 – informal staff meeting to plan activities for the next day;
• 21:00 – evening activities: disco, karaoke, contests (trainers are expected to attend these activities alongside the children).
The activities reserved for afternoons and extra time are varied and depend on the trainers. If they have any interests or hobbies that could be transformed into workshops then we would encourage trainers to be creative.
BENEFITS FOR VOLUNTEERS:
• Free full room and board: quality accommodation and meals with vegetarian catering too
• Easy, relaxed daily schedule(starting at 9.30)
• Free access to spa & pool during breaks and free days.
• Free transfers from and to airport in Romania;
• no responsibility for the children’s meals/night time/free time, because they are permanently accompanied by the Romanian teachers & staff (outside the scheduled lessons & activities);
• evenings out with the entire team during free days
• wireless internet;
• 24/7 assistance;
• training during placement;
• modern multimedia equipment;
• medical cover;
• free washing service;
• Free trips to historical sites and landmarks: Dracula’s Castle (Bran) / Peles Castle / Rasnov Fortress / Dino Park / Cable Car / shopping sessions in Brasov City and Sibiu or Sighisoara (transport, tickets and meals);
• Certificate of Participation issued to the volunteers by the Romanian Ministry of Education.( letter of recommendation on request).
During their stay in Romania, trainers will be accompanied at all times by a Romanian staff member.
INAction Camp contacts:
Ina Dorneanu [email protected]
Cornelia Taylor [email protected]
Deadline for the first round of applications:
25th of January 2020
If their application is succesful, the NATIVE OR ENGLISH NATIVE speakers trainers must buy their roundtrip flight ticket and provide proof of the ticket purchase within 15 days of receiving the acceptance email from the organisers, otherwise they will miss their chance to work on the camp.
IF there still are unoccupied positions, deadline for the second round of applications: 20 th of March 2020.
For more information, please visit: http://www.tabereengleza.ro/
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/tabere.engleza/
|Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg|
Dave's ESL Cafe International Job Board is maintained by Dave Sperling with WebBBS 4.33.