|Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg|
Los Angeles, CA - Senior Director of Development, Individual Giving, Doheny Campus
Posted By: Mount Saint Mary's University
Date: Tuesday, 22 October 2019, at 3:55 p.m.
Senior Director of Development, Individual Giving, Doheny Campus
About Mount Saint Mary's University:
Mount Saint Mary's is the only women's university in Los Angeles and one of the most diverse in the nation. The University is known nationally for its research on gender equity, its innovative health and science programs, and its commitment to community service. As a leading liberal arts institution, Mount Saint Mary's provides year-round, flexible and online programs at the undergraduate and graduate level. Weekend, evening and graduate programs are offered to both women and men. Mount alums are engaged, active, global citizens who use their knowledge and skills to better themselves, their communities and the world. https://www.msmu.edu/
Mount Saint Mary's University is an equal opportunity employer. The University is thoroughly committed both to providing equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees, and to providing a work environment that is free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Applicants must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States. The University will not assist applicants with any visa matters. A background check will be required.
The Senior Director of Development is responsible for building a strong individual giving team that will reach fundraising goals for the University and establish deep relationships with current and prospective donors. Reporting to the Vice President of Institutional Advancement, the Senior Director of Development will be a self-starter with the ability to provide supervision and strategy to the individual giving team and execute fundraising priorities and goals for major gifts, planned giving and the annual leadership gifts (Mount Associates). The Senior Director will supervise the individual giving team, maintain his or her own portfolio of prospects, and work closely with alumnae relations, annual giving, donor relations and special events to ensure successful fundraising efforts.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develops, implements, and achieves fundraising plans and goals (annual and multi-year) for the Mount Associates, major gifts and planned giving programs
• Supervises, coaches, supports and develops one planned giving officer and two development officers
• Oversees prospect management and prospect research contractors; digital gift officer and engagement specialists; and remote fundraising contractors
• Works with Board of Trustees and Regents Council to identify and solicit donor prospects. Train and oversee volunteer fundraisers, as needed
• Cultivates, solicits, and stewards a portfolio of major donors and prospects
• Works closely with Advancement colleagues, faculty and administration to identify funding needs, develop solicitation strategies and stewardship plans
• Works closely with the Director of Alumnae Relations and Annual Giving to ensure a robust donor pipeline
• Works closely with Special Events and Public Programs, Advancement Services and Donor Relations to ensure donor stewardship and cultivation at key events
• Works within the Advancement Supervisors team to coordinate work, develop and implement policies and procedures, and ensure a productive and collaborative work environment
• Ensures compliance with MSMU Gift Counting, Gift Acceptance, and Donor Recognition Policies and adherence to the AFP's Code of Ethical Principles
• Ensures use of Raiser's Edge for donor prospect management and provide fundraising analysis and reports to Vice President, as needed
• Oversees the creation and maintenance of fundraising materials (brochures, web pages, videos, etc)
• Works closely with the Educational Advisory Board (EAB) to identify and test innovations in individual giving
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Evening and weekend work, as necessary
2. Some travel required
3. Perform other job-related duties, as assigned
• Understanding of sophisticated fundraising techniques, donor relations and trends
• Strong working knowledge of Raiser's Edge database system, Outlook, Microsoft Word and Excel software applications
Abilities and Skills:
• Ability to work effectively in a fast paced setting
• Effectively manage a team, set priorities and creatively solve problems
• Exercise sound judgment and decision making
• Detail-oriented, flexible and proactive
• Ability to keep abreast of updates and changes within the fundraising field
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Demonstrated skill in managing frontline fundraisers and strong ability to provide strategic thinking, planning and oversight
• Ability to articulate the mission and values of a Mount Saint Mary's University education and forge strong working relationships with others
• Strong capacity for engaging confidence and trust among team members, colleagues, prospects and donors
• Bachelor's degree required. Master's degree preferred
• Five years' experience in fundraising in higher education strongly preferred. Ten years fundraising experience preferred
• Five years' supervision experience strongly preferred. Experience recruiting, developing and supervising front line fundraising staff preferred with a clearly articulated management philosophy that supports high performance and employee retention
• Demonstrated track record securing major gifts of five to six figures
• Experience managing a planned giving program and securing planned gifts through a variety of planned giving vehicles
• Flexibility to work some evenings and weekends
• Prior campaign experience a plus
• Annual fund experience is a plus
Licenses and Certifications:
• California driver's license
Work Location: Doheny Campus (Downtown Los Angeles)
Start Date: Immediately
Applications Deadline: Open until filled
The University is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse student population and workforce as a reflection of our commitment to maintain the excellence of the University, and to offer our students richly varied disciplines, perspectives and ways of learning. In compliance with applicable laws and in furtherance of its commitment to fostering an environment that welcomes and embraces diversity, the University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and parenting status), disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or genetic information in its programs or activities, including employment, admissions, and educational programs. We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply to be a student or to work for the University.
Please submit cover letter and resume.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/1677151
Copyright ©2019 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
|Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg|
Dave's ESL Cafe International Job Board is maintained by Dave Sperling with WebBBS 4.33.