|Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg|
Stable English Teaching Positions at Reputable Institution in Taiwan
Posted By: International Trade Institute, Taiwan External Trade Development Council <[email protected]>
Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2019, at 1:40 p.m.
The International Trade Institute, TAITRA, is recruiting a full-time English instructor for its Taichung campus in Taichung City, Taiwan, to start in July 2019.
Why work for ITI?
• Attractive package and benefits;
• Stable schedule and working hours;
• Well-established program under Taiwan Ministry of Economic Affairs;
• Highly regarded post-graduate training program;
• Motivated, driven students;
• Diverse English and Business English courses;
• Diverse and helpful faculty;
• Great location;
Attractive Package and Benefits:
• Based on education and number of years of documented teaching experience
• Minimum yearly average package of NT$70,000/month
• Yearly increases in salary based on performance (first increase possible after 6 months)
• Monthly salary: no deductions for holidays or unexpected events (ex: typhoons)
• Stable 6% tax deduction (if teachers have been working in Taiwan for at least 6 months)
• Plane ticket to Taiwan (if hired from abroad)
• ARC/Work Permit provided
• Medical insurance
• Yearly domestic travel allowance of up to NT$6,000 to encourage teachers to explore the island
• Annual airfare reimbursement of up to NT$30,000 (after one year of being employed)
• Bonuses for Chinese New Year, Dragon Boat Festival & Moon Festival
• Annual bonus equal to between 1 and 3 months’ salary
• Monthly housing allowance
• 6 weeks’ paid leave for all new teachers (including two weeks for Christmas and New Year, and the official Chinese New Year dates)
• 3 days of paid leave in first contract year (subject to pro rata)
• Bachelor’s degree
• 2 or more years of documented teaching experience after getting a bachelor’s degree
• CELTA is a plus
Stable schedule and working hours
ITI teacher schedules contain 20 hours of teaching time per week, and 20 hours used for preparation, grading, and meeting with students and faculty members. Teachers have access to a desk and computer, the library, and other facilities.
Classes are scheduled from Monday to Friday, from 8:00 to 17:00. Teachers are offered a flexible schedule, ranging from 7:00 to 16:00, up to 9:00 to 18:00, depending on the assigned schedule.
Well-established program under Taiwan Ministry of Economic Affairs:
Founded in 1987, the International Trade Institute, or ITI (www.iti.org.tw) is a government-sponsored training organization that offers business and language training on campuses and training centers in Taipei, Hsinchu, Taichung, and Kaohsiung as part of the Taiwan External Trade Development Council, or TAITRA (www.taitra.org.tw). ITI trains Taiwan’s future business leaders in order to assist TAITRA reach its goals of:
• Assisting Taiwan businesses and manufacturers in developing the international market
• Providing business alliance consultation and connect international firms with Taiwan partners
• Collaborating closely with the Taiwan government to promote international trade
ITI has 1 campus in Taichung City.
• Taichung Campus, with 76 students and 7 teachers, inside National Chung Hsing University, close to the train station.
Highly regarded post-graduate training program:
The International Business Administration Program, or IBAP, is a 1-2 year full-time intensive language and business program. Language classes are mostly in English or Japanese, with some students also studying German, Spanish, Vietnamese, Thai or Bahasa Indonesian. Business classes are given in Chinese.
Upon graduating, most students take on sales and marketing roles within international organizations in and out of Taiwan, such as Acer, Asus, TSMC, Google, and the Taiwanese government.
Motivated, driven students:
The average age of students at ITI is 26 years old, and all have a bachelor’s degree or more from a variety of backgrounds. Students are hard-working, motivated, and ambitious, creating the best English class environment in Taiwan. Students are in class 25-35 hours a week, and work hard in the evenings and on weekends to get the most out of their time at ITI. In addition, all students in the English program follow our English Only Policy, which has resulted in the most immersive English environment in the country.
Diverse English and Business English Classes
English faculty members have the opportunity to teach a variety of subjects each term, from core English classes like Listening & Speaking, Reading Skills, Writing, Business English, Business Correspondence, Business Reading & Discussion, to more specialized classes like Presentations, Negotiations, Meetings, Telephoning, and Exhibition English. Teachers usually teach 2-3 subjects per term, giving them the opportunity to constantly learn new things and improve their skills.
Each group has an average of 12 students.
All subjects have a fully developed curriculum, along with a syllabus, textbook, and handouts. Teachers can also provide their personal touch. In addition, teachers have access to abundant teachers’ resources, as well as some of the best-stocked English libraries in Taiwan for books, periodicals, and DVDs. Classrooms have multimedia equipment and internet access.
Support is always provided to new teachers, from initial training for each subject, to ongoing support from colleagues teaching the same subject.
Diverse and helpful faculty:
ITI’s teachers come from a variety of academic and professional backgrounds (e.g. education, engineering, sales), and countries (e.g. Canada, USA, UK, India), since one of its main goals is to expose students to as much diversity as possible in teaching methods, specializations, and accents, in order to prepare them for the international market.
• The third largest city in Taiwan.
• Abundant natural resources and sightseeing attractions.
• Convenient public transport: High Speed Rail, bus, train
I don’t have experience in business. Can I apply?
Although knowledge and/or experience in business can add to a teacher’s journey at ITI, these are not required. We seek qualified English teachers.
Who is this job suitable for?
Anyone who meets the minimum requirements, and has a desire to teach in a professional environment, will do well here. Teamwork and collaboration are important, as multiple teachers teach the same coursework.
How do I apply for this position?
Please send a cover letter, resume, and brief overview of your teaching career and approach (1 page maximum) to Silvia Ku ([email protected])
In your email, please mention the following:
• Current location;
• Available starting date;
• Number of years of verifiable teaching experience
What happens after I send in my application?
Any applicants meeting our recruitment criteria, who are placed on our shortlist, will be contacted directly for the next step, a telephone interview. The final step is an on-site or Skype interview.
End of June 2019.
|Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg|
Dave's ESL Cafe International Job Board is maintained by Dave Sperling with WebBBS 4.33.