|Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg|
EFL Teachers for an American Diploma Program- Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Posted By: Dar Al-Fikr Schools <[email protected]>
Date: Friday, 15 March 2019, at 5:00 p.m.
Dar Al-Fikr (DAF) Schools is seeking English language teachers for an American diploma program
About the Job:
Our English department needs teachers with a firm grasp of EFL/ESL educational practices and a familiarity with the US Common Core standards and the American K-12 curriculum. Since our students are not native speakers of English they will face many challenges when studying an English-based curriculum. We are looking for teachers who can also meet the special needs of students who are learning English as a second or foreign language.
The daily work schedule is from 7 am till 3:10 pm. Teachers are required to teach a minimum of 22 contact hours per week, with each lesson being no longer than 55 minutes. In addition to this, the teacher is expected to keep office hours and dedicate some time each week for exam proctoring, training, staff meetings, school events and other support activities.
You are expected to prepare daily lesson plans and supplementary learning materials. You are responsible for student assessment, grading homework and exams. You may be required to provide remedial instruction from time to time. You may be asked to provide some of your lesson plans to the head of the department, or you may be observed in the classroom by your peers or members of the school administration. We require that our teachers engage in training and professional development while they are with us, and help coach and train their colleagues when needed. Were always seeking to improve ourselves. We hope you can be part of that improvement journey. If you are looking for a challenging yet rewarding career option then this is the right job for you.
Note: Since this teaching position is in the all male section of the school, we are currently looking for male candidates only. Female teachers may inquire about available teaching jobs by sending an e-mail with a copy of their CV to [email protected].
Minimum Required Qualifications:
(1) Bachelor Degree in any subject from an accredited institution of higher learning in the US, Canada, UK or Australia.
(2) Teaching credential, TEFL Certificate or CELTA
(3) At least 3 years of teaching experience, preferably in an international school setting, at an IGCSE/IB school or American diploma program in a foreign country.
(4) Fluency in English with a preference given to native speakers.
(5) Firm knowledge in MS word and Excel.
(6) Experience with modern online learning resources, SMART boards, tablets, and any educational technology tools that can be used in a contemporary classroom.
The Ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
M.A. in Education with a focus on teaching English as a Second Language
BA in English or BS in Linguistics with a good academic record
Two years experience in teaching English as a foreign or second language
A valid US teaching credential or teaching license
Two years of experience in using educational technology in the classroom
At least one year of experience teaching English language arts, Academic Writing, Literature or Humanities within an American curriculum
AdvancED membership or background in AdvancED standards and norms
Good work ethic and a constructive attitude toward the job
Respect school regulations, the administration, and fellow employees
Emotional Intelligence and interpersonal skills
Be flexible with a proactive, practical mind set
Be respectful of local traditions, laws, and customs
Positive, friendly attitude
Experience with special-needs kids or kids with learning disabilities
Fluency in the Arabic language or high proficiency in spoken and written Arabic.
Benefits & Salary:
- Basic Salary per month is 11,250 SAR 16,000 SAR, or roughly US $3,000 to 4,250 depending on experience & qualifications.
- 45 days paid summer vacation plus other national and religious holidays.
- Multiple entry Saudi work visa for the employee and their spouse. The visa processing costs will be provided by the school. The medical checkup fees should be paid by the employee.
- Round-trip ticket airfare
- Transportation and airport pickup.
- Medical insurance.
- Housing and daily transportation stipend.
- One daily meal in the school cafeteria during regular working hours.
If you are interested in applying to this position, please send us the following:
- your updated CV
- cover letter explaining why you are applying to this job
- copy of your passport
- any supportive documents: recommendation letters, college transcripts, copy of graduate and undergraduate degrees.
- Three recent lesson plans from an English class (or classes) you have taught in the past.
Send all documents to: [email protected] or Fax: +966 12 6310303
About the School:
Located in Jeddah, the second largest city in Saudi Arabia, miles from the red sea coast and less than 90 kilometers from the holy city of Mecca. Dar Al Fikr (DAF) school was established in 1985 as a private, K-12 non-profit educational institution, teaching the national Saudi curriculum. Since 2007, the school has been teaching an American curriculum. We received accreditation from AdvancED (https://www.advanc-ed.org/) in 2009. In 2018 we became a licensed international school by the Ministry of Education in Saudi.
With roughly 800 students, DAF is divided into three sections. One section is a co-ed school for KG through 3rd grade. The two other sections are divided into a boy school and a girl school. These two sections are designated for 4th through 12th grade. Students are provided with two meals daily in our school cafeteria. Most of our teachers are bilingual (Arabic/English) and many of our students are gifted. We are currently working on receiving STEM certification; we have science labs, computer labs, SMART boards, and a large library. Art, Arabic language and literature, and Islamic studies are also a main component of the curriculum. Our students have been accepted in the best universities in the United States and are welcomed in most Saudi universities. Our robotics team is the top in the nation and usually represents the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia in international competitions. The school campus has a unique design and a solid infrastructure. For more information please visit our website at http://fikr.edu.sa/ar/english/
|Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg|
Dave's ESL Cafe International Job Board is maintained by Dave Sperling with WebBBS 4.33.