|Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg|
NATIONAL POWER ACADEMY (NPA) PROGRAM NPA FACULTY – TECHNICAL ENERGY - Dammam, Saudi Arabia
Posted By: Bismarck State College Innovations Foundation <[email protected]>
Date: Tuesday, 29 January 2019, at 12:45 p.m.
WORK LOCATION: DAMMAM, KINGDOM OF SAUDI ARABIA (KSA) – KSA IS SEGREGATED BY GENDER – MALE APPLICANTS
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: HEAD OF DEPARTMENT FOR TECHNICAL PROGRAMS
COMPENSATION: BASED ON EXPERIENCE.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The primary purpose of this position is to provide instruction to students in the Academic Programs offered by the NPA. Duties include classroom and/or laboratory instruction, supervision, management, curriculum development and revision, student advisement, assessment, committee work, student recruitment, working effectively and professionally with students and staff in a team setting, and other related departmental, divisional and college responsibilities.
• Provide classroom and/or laboratory instruction, management and supervision.
o Maintain a supportive and active learning environment.
o Instruct and supervise classroom and/or laboratory courses as assigned.
o Prepare syllabi, lessons, assignments and related instructional materials.
o Maintain student records.
o Evaluate student work and record student grades.
o Adhere to a weekly schedule and office hours.
o Be available for student consultation.
o Provide necessary correspondence to appropriate campus offices regarding student progress or issues.
• Provide ongoing curriculum development, revision of courses and program areas and participate in academic assessment.
o Update courses on a regular basis using advisory committee input where applicable.
o Research and develop new courses as assigned.
o Participate in new curriculum/course development as assigned.
o Participate in academic assessment.
o Incorporate active learning into the curriculum.
• Participate in professional development activities.
o Identify and participate in appropriate professional development activities, both technical and educational delivery focused, consistent with departmental/campus needs.
o Incorporate new material and techniques or skills into the content and delivery in instructional area of responsibility.
• Participate in departmental and campus activities.
o Attend departmental and campus meetings.
o Serve on departmental and/or campus committees.
o Participate in departmental and campus activities, initiatives and projects.
o Maintain classroom, laboratory and office areas.
o Willingness to provide facilitation or “coach” a school club. Ex: Student Council, Model United Nations, Sports, Speech, Writing, Electronics, Coding, etc.
• Bachelor’s Degree or Associate Degree (Electrical/Mechatronics/Instrumentation & Control) holder having hands-on experience in Control/Electrical Substations/Green Energy Equipment’s like Solar/Wind, commercial electrical, electric metering, relaying, or instrumentation. Strong technical knowledge related to the electrical generation, transmission or distribution sectors in an industrial environment for Five years - OR –
• Instructors/Trainers with no formal degree, who are craft certified and have minimum 11 years of experience in the fields mentioned above (Professional trainer certification from an international recognized certification/licensing organization is preferred)
• Extensive experience in field operations/maintenance activities in the energy domains, including a clear understanding of day-to-day activities.
• Willing to add value and actively participate in development of technical/energy laboratories.
• Proven training and subject matter expertise in technical area to be delivered.
• Strong personal commitment to the NPA’s mission and vision.
• Ability to develop and implement programs related to the NPA’s mission, vision and philosophy.
• Proven experience teaching technical/vocational/trade curriculum for non-native speakers.
• Strong classroom management skills.
• Familiarity with, and understanding of issues of diversity and inclusion, with knowledge of how those issues are navigated in the KSA.
• Experience working with youth, schools, business, elected and government officials, industry and/or community groups.
• Ability to conceive, develop and complete tasks without close supervision.
• Good organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Strong presentation, oral and written communication skills.
• Strong supervisory and budget development and monitoring skills.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks.
• Computer competency and proficiency in Windows/Microsoft Office environment and technical software (SACAD/PLC) preferred.
APPLICATION PROCESS: For consideration - provide a cover letter, resume, and four work references via email: [email protected], Attn: Project Manager. (NOTE: Incomplete files will NOT be considered.) Official transcripts (undergraduate and graduate) will be required upon hire. This position requires a background check.
•Hold a valid US Passport or transferable Iqama.
•Meet Saudi Arabian visa requirements.
•Be motivated, enthusiastic and passionate about teaching as well as living in a foreign country.
Please send CV and copy of passport/Iqama to [email protected] if interested.
Only applications with CV and passport will be reviewed.
This position will be open until filled with a starting date to be determined.
|Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg|
Dave's ESL Cafe International Job Board is maintained by Dave Sperling with WebBBS 4.33.