|Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg|
Manager, ESL Operations - St.Catharines, ON, Canada
Posted By: Brock University
Date: Tuesday, 4 December 2018, at 3:44 p.m.
A DAY IN THE LIFE ...
Reporting to the Associate Director, the Manager, ESL Operations oversees the administration and delivery of the ESL program and manages the Instructor team, in order to provide students with an exceptional language learning experience at Brock University.
AS THE MANAGER, ESL OPERATIONS YOU WILL ...
- Oversee and monitor all ESL teaching and instructional programs including, but not limited to English language learning programs, academic transitioning, and Summer programs.
- Oversee administrative logistics including, but not limited to assisting with student registration, room booking, space and equipment, term setup, creating classes per term, uploading entrance test results, enrolling students in classes, making class changes as required, uploading end of term grades for Associate Director review, finalizing term grades, verifying attendance input, scheduling of staff, teaching resource allocations, student orientation, and opening and closing ceremonies.
-Create mid-term and final exam schedules and other schedules as required.
-Meet individually with students and staff to address and, where possible, resolve conflict and/or concerns that are brought forward, ensuring high quality client service.
-In coordination with the Associate Director, develop and maintain appropriate policies and processes related to ESL services operations.
-Manage placement/entrance and other tests as required.
-Manage sick calls.
-In coordination with the Associate Director, establish and monitor metrics and benchmarks to demonstrate effectiveness of ESL programs and student performance, with a focus on continuous improvement, and recommend corrective action, if required.
-Provide Instructors with the direction and feedback required to implement approved curriculum, assessments, achieve quality standards and continuous improvement objectives, working in conjunction with ESL Program Development & Quality Assurance Coordinators.
-Respond to routine concerns of student academic misconduct, following authorized processes, in collaboration with relevant staff.
-Develop positive working partnerships with various departments across the university which are critical to providing quality and integrated student service.
-Provide leadership to staff, including assigning courses and tasks, managing, coaching, mentoring and motivating to develop a student centered culture.
-In coordination with the Associate Director, ensure effective allocation of staff to meet departmental and institutional goals and objectives.
-Develop training plans for staff and train staff in program delivery, work methods, systems, customer service.
-Guide career development, conduct performance reviews, and manage performance of staff in a manner consistent with the Universityís strategic priorities.
-Provide guidance to staff in responding to student concerns or challenging situations, as required, and escalate/inform the Associate Director when appropriate.
-Provide guidance for staff in understanding University policies, procedures and guidelines, and ensure compliance.
-Participate in department strategic planning, including contributing to the departmentís annual budget process.
-Adjust operations during fiscal year, in coordination with the Associate Director, in order to achieve cost-recovery targets, as required.
-Provide input into trimester reporting, as required.
-Direct Supervision of ESL Instructors and the Administrative Assistant.
Extra and irregular hours required throughout the year to meet deadlines.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Undergraduate degree in a related field/discipline. Graduate degree preferred.
- TESL Certificate (complete with a supervised practicum component in classroom teaching and a comprehensive theoretical component).
- 5+ years management experience.
- 5+ years of experience in a broad range of ESL programs (e.g. post-secondary teaching experience, ESL/EFL overseas, workplace English, EAP, ESP, etc.).
-Proven understanding of TESL pedagogy.
-Ability to remain current with best practices in TESL pedagogy and curriculum design practices.
-Solid understanding of all ESL teaching and instructional programs and program curriculum.
-Skilled in assessing and evaluating teaching effectiveness.
-Skilled in developing assessments and evaluation tools.
- Strong experience working in a unionized environment.
- Skilled in establishing, and monitoring program benchmarks and metrics, identifying and recommending corrective action, if required.
- Expertise in budget management.
- Skilled in developing policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Knowledge of applicable employment and privacy legislation and corresponding requirements.
- Knowledge of the University environment, University and ESL policies, and related practices.
-Solid computer competency using Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, Excel and ----PowerPoint, and in using various web applications.
-Ability to establish and maintain sound working relationships and to develop trust and confidence, leveraging support across reporting lines.
-Ability to mentor, advise, and coach students and staff.
-Ability to resolve conflict.
-Skilled in providing feedback.
-Exercise tact, discretion, and sensitivity when handling highly confidential information.
-Ability to be objective, fair, impartial, and flexible, without compromising legislative requirements and established policies.
-Ability to provide and promote excellent student service.
-Effective verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to champion change and gain support for new initiatives.
-Skilled in responding to challenging/complex situations related to program delivery and/or student academic performance and misconduct.
-Service and detail oriented with the ability to see the big picture.
-Demonstrated competence with details and deadlines.
-Ability to manage administrative logistics and solve complications as they arise.
-Ability to effectively manage financial resources and process associated transactions.
-Excellent planning and organizational skills.
-Proven ability to manage competing priorities.
Experience managing in a multi-union setting.
Masters Degree in a related field.
SALARY AND BENEFIT INFORMATION
M, $59,569 - $84,826.
This is a 12-month fixed-term position, with possibility for renewal.
This position includes benefits coverage.
MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN CANADA
More detailed information can be found at https://brocku.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/brocku_careers/job/St-Catharines-East-Academic/Manager--ESL-Operations_JR-1001743
|Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg|
Dave's ESL Cafe International Job Board is maintained by Dave Sperling with WebBBS 4.33.