|Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg|
CARING & DRIVEN TEACHER NEEDED FOR EVENING ESL/TOEFL POSITION, $25/HR
Posted By: NoteFull, Inc. <[email protected]>
Date: Monday, 3 December 2018, at 4:28 p.m.
-> IF YOU'RE A CARING, DRIVEN TEACHER looking for an exciting opportunity to change people's lives, this may be perfect for you!
1) Help 100s of professionals transform their lives with our methods + your passionate teaching,
2) Feel real partnership as part of a team of two equally passionate teachers running a fully online school,
3) Receive fantastic teacher training, refined over 10 years of success, to teach every section (reading, listening, speaking, and writing) of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) to these professionals,
4) Earn the top pay you deserve:
- 26k salaried ($25/hour)
- part-time 20-hour per week evening position
- 6 to 10 pm EST Monday through Friday
after successfully teaching 3 weeks of classes with excellent feedback... with full-time possibility @ 60k per year ($28.8/hour) after 3 to 6 months of continued excellence, AND
5) Work in comfort as this is a largely telecommuting position needing only periodic in-person meetings in midtown Manhattan.
-> WE NEED YOU TO lead our TOEFL webinars, small group classes, and one-on-one tutoring sessions--all online--to teach our powerful methods. You'll, thus, build students' English language and standardized test-taking skills so they earn their dream TOEFL scores, scores they require to move forward in their careers and lives.
You can imagine the incredibly positive influence you'll have and how rewarding this opportunity can be.
-> INTERESTED? Excited? Then, let's learn how great a fit we are. Do the following describe you "to a T"?
1) Positivity is a natural part of your DNA.
A short time ago, so many emails started coming in that we had a backlog of 100s. We met as a team and decided to halt one service that was the least supportive to students to free up time. The result: the backlog is being taken care of, emails are responded to quicker, and we're hiring to open up our time to bring back our offering--all done with positivity rather than overwhelm. This supports great morale and efficiency. This is why we ask that you also run on positivity rather than overwhelm, so you can contribute and thrive in this kind of environment.
2) You are driven to constant improvement and enjoy the process.
Each week we review--as a team--recordings of our webinars, small group classes, and tutoring sessions while asking ourselves two simple, powerful questions: 1) what do we really like and want to do more of and 2) what would we like to have done even better to create even more success for our students? We then integrate these answers into our teaching and expect to be and appreciate being held accountable to these changes. It's a positive, collaborative, and inspiring weekly practice that we hope you'll enjoy too.
3) You seek to understand with care and an open, secure mind first and then teach or express yourself second.
We support 100s of adult professionals eager for results. We meet every week to discuss what's great and what can be better. It's only natural that we may find ourselves triggered; it's part of the human experience. In these moments, it's critical to seek to understand the other person with care first and express ourselves fully and authentically second. We do this to re-establish rapport and forward progress as professionals and leaders. We trust you'll do the same. And, we hope you might feel, as we do, excited to be part of a company that finds this trait valuable AND seeks it out.
4) You are an experienced ESL and/or TOEFL teacher with a great background in the field.
We find that a combination of 1) at least 2 years of experience teaching ESL, 2) a Master's or TEFL/TESOL or certificate to teach in the school system, and 3) experience teaching abroad creates the ideal background to set you up for success with us. However, we invite you to apply if you satisfy at least one of the three, though preference will be given to you and other candidates who possess all 3.
-> THE NEXT STEP! If you're as excited to be part of our team as we are to have you, we invite you to email us at [email protected] with the following:
1) Your cover letter discussing:
a) what about this position appeals to you and
b) how each of the 4 points discussed apply to you:
- Positivity is a natural part of your DNA.
- You are driven to constant improvement and enjoy the process.
- You seek to understand with care and an open, secure mind first and then teach or express yourself second.
- You are an experienced ESL and/or TOEFL teacher with a great background in the field.
2) Your resume attached to the email as a PDF.
-> WE CAN'T WAIT TO HEAR FROM YOU!
|Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg|
Dave's ESL Cafe International Job Board is maintained by Dave Sperling with WebBBS 4.33.