|Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg|
★★★ IB JAPAN ★★★ POSITION AVAILABLE SOON IN TOKYO!
Posted By: IB JAPAN CO., LTD. <[email protected]>
Date: Wednesday, 3 October 2018, at 11:22 a.m.
Hitotsubashi-gakuen, Tokyo [map]
We have a full-time English Conversation teaching position starting in December at one of our very desirable Tokyo franchise locations. We are looking for candidates that can arrive by November 30 to begin training.
We are also interviewing candidates for potential placements for 2019. We are always looking for professional and enthusiastic teachers to join our team!
What makes us different than other English schools?
- No surprises. We take a more straightforward approach to placement and discuss it with you before you arrive (you don't find out just before signing a contract).
- No gimmicks. Your contract is clear and you always get your stated salary on time. We don’t use overly-complicated incentive plans that change your base salary. We also don’t require you to sell anything in order to be paid your full salary.
- We care about our teachers. We’re not too big, so we know everyone. There is always someone available to provide support in English (apartment set-up, questions about documents, problems with the trains – anything!).
- Continuous training and follow-up to help you grow as a teacher. We won't forget about you after your first week.
- Upward mobility. We have opportunities for promotion and advancement for interested teachers.
- Social events. Our community is important. We are always planning events to give our teachers a chance to meet, share ideas, and relax together.
Benefits and schedule
- 250,000 – 265,000 yen salary range (all teachers start at 250,000 yen; contract renewals get permanent salary increases)
- 18 month contract with full Visa sponsorship (Visa is renewable)
- Work-related transportation fees are fully reimbursed
- 5 weeks of guaranteed paid vacation every year (2 weeks in summer, 2 weeks in winter, 1 week in spring)
- 5 personal days that can be used flexibly
- Single occupancy apartment, semi-furnished, Internet access; 55,000yen maximum rent
- Full-time, 5-day, 40-hour work week - about 27 of those are teaching hours per week (not including breaks)
- Working hours are usually between 1pm and 9pm - all lessons are under an hour.
- Class size is limited to 8 students and you see the same students once a week – no unexpected schedule changes
- In a typical daily schedule, a teacher will see 35% of classes with children under 5 years old, 50% Elementary and Jr. High, and 15% adult or other. We like teaching kids!
Learn more about us at our homepage!
Apply directly at [email protected]!
Include ALL of the following and get priority:
- RESUME - should be easy to read (.doc/.pdf; no flashy formatting)
- BACHELOR'S DEGREE - image or pdf for initial verification only
- REFERENCES - from supervisors (two or three)
- COVER LETTER – should state your date available to start work
- PROFESSIONAL PICTURE - headshot
- CASUAL PICTURE – tasteful
Your application may be delayed if information is incomplete
- Native English speakers ONLY (this is a requisite for the Visa; English has to be your first language)
- MUST have a 4-Year University Degree (requisite for Visa)
- ESL / EFL teaching experience preferred
- Teaching experience with children highly preferred
- Certificates in teaching (CELTA / TESOL / TEFL) are not required, but will improve your chances.
Our Location and Placement Options
Most of our schools are located in the Chiba prefecture and Tokyo area. We also have some franchise schools located in more distant locales. We always try to find the best possible location match for our candidates and we will discuss details about the location during the interview process. No surprises – we will talk to you about the location and you can choose the best fit for you. You’ll know exactly where you are going before you get to Japan.
Check out our network of schools…
Still not decided? Why should you teach in Japan?
- It has one of the most stable currencies in the world. Analysts are expecting a bounce in the yen during late 2018. Start a savings plan while teaching and pay off any debts.
- Safety. Japan has one of the lowest crime rates in the world.
- Convenient, reliable public transportation providing access to even the small parts of Japan. Plus, you don't have to drive, eliminating a major expense.
- While working in Japan, you are eligible for National Health Insurance which covers 70% of medical AND dental.
- Japan has a unique, friendly, and receptive culture. During your time off, there are many opportunities to learn, see, or do something new. Experience more than what you’ve read about.
IB Japan has been in business for 33 years and is a proud member of ‘Japan Association for the Promotion of Foreign Language Education’ (JAPFLE) sponsored by Japan’s Ministry of Education.
|Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg|
Dave's ESL Cafe International Job Board is maintained by Dave Sperling with WebBBS 4.33.