|Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg|
🌸🌸🌸PERFECT OPPORTUNITY FOR TEACHERS WITH A PASSION FOR TEACHING YOUNG CHILDREN IN SCENIC JAPANESE COUNTRYSIDE OF IWATE!! 🌸🌸🌸
Posted By: FRIENDS INTERNATIONAL KINDERGARTEN <[email protected]>
Date: Thursday, 19 April 2018, at 7:05 a.m.
* *IF YOU ARE AFTER A TEACHING JOB THAT WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- IN YOUR LIFE AND IN THE LIVES OF THE STUDENTS YOU TEACH, THIS IS IT!
FRIENDS INTERNATIONAL KINDERGARTEN is a small international kindergarten that offers quality education in a homey and caring environment. For a decade, F.I.K. has been dedicated to the vision of nurturing the individual needs of each of our young learners (2.5 years-old to 6 years-old). We are looking for that special educator who relishes the challenge of teaching and interacting with young children to help them develop into exceptional individuals with a strong academic background, a global outlook and one who will thrive on independent thinking coupled with a kind, caring heart. F.I.K. employs a western-based curriculum where English is the main medium of instruction. The position of English Teacher/Kindergarten Manager also requires a person with meticulous organization skills who enjoys administrative work to assist the owners in running the kindergarten. The position will allow you an up close and below-the-surface look at the lives of the students you teach and life in Japan in general.
FRIENDS INTERNATIONAL KINDERGARTEN is located in Morioka, the capital of Iwate Prefecture. Morioka is a city of approximately 350,000 in the center of Iwate. Flanked by mountain ranges to the east and the west with easy access to other major cities located to the north and south, Morioka is only 2.5 ~ 3 hours south by superexpress train to Tokyo. The nearest ski resort is a 40-minute drive while the nearest coast is an hour and a half to the east. Morioka has all the conveniences of a modern city with the warmth and coziness as well as the history and character of a smaller town minus the concrete jungle. Set amongst the beauty of nature, it is perfect for healthy, outdoor living. Morioka really does have the best of both worlds!
The positions offered are NOT for the timid, or those with communication or major homesickness issues. FRIENDS INTERNATIONAL KINDERGARTEN is the place for an English Kindergarten Teacher/Manager/Conversation School Teacher as well as a Support Kindergarten English Teacher/Conversation School Teacher who can work independently, are loyal, respectful, hardworking, very kind and most of all, have a love for teaching children and a strong desire to always do their best.
The successful applicants will make up a part of a DEDICATED team of teachers that anyone would be proud and honored to work with!
* *THE REQUIREMENTS
1. University degree (Education majors, especially in Early Childhood Education/
2. Only Native English speakers need apply.
3. Teaching experience preferred.
4. Happy, energetic, enthusiastic, confident person with a great sense of humor –
We like to laugh!
5. Fantastic people skills: Big, ready smiles, approachable and good at problem-solving.
6. MUST LOVE TEACHING CHILDREN and enjoy the challenge of teaching a variety of
7. Strong work ethics: Industrious, conscientious, mature, loyal, honest, nurturing and
responsible with an abundance of initiative and creative energy. Must enjoy both in-class teaching as well as working alone during lesson planning and administrative periods.
Be passionate about making a positive impact in & out of the classroom i.e. embodies
all the wholesome values that a child can model after.
8. Must enjoy living and working independently in a multi-cultural environment and
possess great communication skills.
9. Preference for living in a smaller city (pop. just over 350,000), being away from big
crowds and closer to nature with all the wonderful things it offers!
* *THE PERKS
1. Competitive salary from 255,000yen per month
2. An initial one-year contract with possible renewal offer
3. Bonus will be paid upon satisfactory completion of 2 consecutive years of employment
4. About 4 weeks of fixed, paid vacation per school year in Japan. (April ~ March. Will be
adjusted if joining midyear.)
5. Fully furnished, single-occupant accommodation with all rental set-up fees paid by
the school (i.e. key money, deposit, realtor’s commission). Centrally located i.e. about a10-minute walk to work, a 10-minute walk to downtown and a 20-minute walk to the train station.)
6. Visa sponsorship
7. Caring bosses, good school family
8. Greenery and a gentle, friendly town
* *THE POSITION
1. Commences May/June 2018.
2. In-class teaching hours: 24~32 hours / week when school is in session. Much less during
3. Mainly teaching children with some opportunities to teach other age groups. Never a dull moment!
4. Freedom to create own supplement materials to complement textbooks and curricula
used in class, if teacher so wishes
5. Administrative and some PR, sales work
* * CONTACT:
Email: [email protected]. Please include your:
(1) cover letter (tell us about yourself, your teaching philosophy and reasons for applying
for the position) (2) updated resume (3) university degree and transcripts
(4) full-length photo (taken no later than 6 months ago)
(5) the photo page of your current passport (proof of nationality).
*Please send big emails in installments.
**Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Check Inbox and Junk Folder for our reply.
|Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg|
Dave's ESL Cafe International Job Board is maintained by Dave Sperling with WebBBS 4.33.