|Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg|
CAREER OPPORTUNITY 2017-2018 - Full-Time PYP Coordinator - Tuxtla Gutierrez, Chiapas. Mexico
Posted By: American School Foundation of Chiapas, A.C. <email@example.com>
Date: Monday, 28 August 2017, at 2:46 p.m.
CAREER OPPORTUNITY 2017-2018
Full-Time PYP Coordinator
Location: Tuxtla Gutierrez, Chiapas. Mexico
Job Type: Full-Time – PYP Coordinator
Published: June 23, 2017
Start Date: October 1, 2017
Who are we?
The American School Foundation of Chiapas (ASFC) is a 25-year-old well-established private IB World School with an ambitious future-thinking plan that incorporates STEAM, sustainability, global citizenship and a commitment to experiential and service learning practices that take advantage of Chiapas’ and Mexico’s rich cultural, anthropological, geographic and ecological diversity. We are expanding our IB program into the Upper School as part of a drive for excellence with the goal to become the premier international dual language school in the southern Mexico-Central American region.
Our school is located in Chiapas, Mexico’s southernmost state and the one with the largest native population. Chiapas is rich in biological and anthropological diversity, with colonial towns, indigenous villages and Mayan ruins, extraordinary mountain ranges, and the largest tropical rainforest in the region. Tuxtla Gutierrez, the capital of Chiapas, is a safe and fast-growing city of 500,000 with amenities such as malls, movie theaters, restaurants, etc. where you can enjoy sunny skies and warm weather year-round.
What are we looking for?
At the ASFC we are looking for passionate educators who will inspire a love for learning and spark the intellectual curiosity of all our students. Ideal candidates are knowledgeable and smart teachers, who have strong collaboration skills, are flexible and enjoy innovation. We value teachers who build student-centered classrooms where students are actively engaged in their learning process and are encouraged to grow as independent, respectful, responsible, and active citizens. A growth mindset, grit, and the ability to use feedback and self-reflection to improve are essential characteristics of all the ASFC’s educators.
• PYP Coordinator Responsibilities
• Develop and teach a highly engaging, inquiry-based and academically rigorous curriculum aligned with the International Baccalaureate Primary Years Program and the guidelines of the Mexican Ministry of Education
• Being a pedagogical leader in the school and communicating with the school leadership (PLT)
• Committed to planning and supporting others in collaborative planning
• Ensuring that the standards for implementation are understood and that the program is planned, taught and assessed collaboratively
• Responsible for the development and implementation of the program
• Be involved in whole-school planning curricular development and planning
• Responsible for the communication with the IB office and other IB Schools
• Event planning and logistical organization (Academic Fairs, Three-way Conferences, Teacher Orientation, Professional Development planning, and implementation)
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent (higher degree is a plus but not required)
• A minimum of two (2) years experience in PYP
• At least 3 years of IB experience is required
• Knowledge and/or experience teaching ESL is highly desirable
• Strong commitment towards educational innovation, progressive pedagogy, and experiential education
• Ability to create a challenging and joyful classroom environment
• Ability to efficiently incorporate emergent learning technologies
• Intermediate to high level of Spanish proficiency
• A roll-up your sleeves attitude, a positive outlook and a healthy sense of humor
• Proven teaching ability Compensation and Benefits
• Monthly salary of 15,000-$20,000.00 MXN, paid in Mexican Pesos, and commensurate with qualifications, experience, and the cost of living in the State of Chiapas (Salary may be adjusted due to higher degrees or experience)
• Fully furnished individual or shared apartment in a complex located in a safe, private small community located on school premises (includes free internet, swimming pool, and other amenities)
• International Baccalaureate and other Professional Development opportunities
• Major Medical Insurance
• Airfare allowance for arrival and departure (end-of-contract) flights.
*Housing and Flights are only for international teachers
How to Apply
Send an updated version of your CV, including the contact information of three professional references, and a thoughtful Cover
Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate your name and the career opportunity you're applying for in the subject line of your email.
Your Cover Letter should explain your qualifications for the position, philosophy of education and why would you like to join our school and live in Tuxtla Gutierrez, Chiapas.
Finalists residing in Tuxtla Gutierrez will be invited for an in-person interview and demo lesson. Finalist living abroad will be asked to submit a short (15-20 minutes) teaching video.
For additional information, please visit www.americanschool.edu.mx
|Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg|
Dave's ESL Cafe International Job Board is maintained by Dave Sperling with WebBBS 4.33.