|Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg|
Career Opportunity: Lower School Teacher (Grades 1-6) - Tuxtla Gutierrez, Chiapas. Mexico
Posted By: The American School Foundation of Chiapas (ASFC) <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: Friday, 31 March 2017, at 12:04 p.m.
Career Opportunity: Lower School Teacher (Grades 1-6)
Location: Tuxtla Gutierrez, Chiapas. Mexico
Job Type: Full-Time - Teaching/Instructional
Published: March 31, 2017
Start Date: August 1, 2017
Who are we?
The American School Foundation of Chiapas (ASFC) is a 25-year-old well-established private IB World School with an ambitious future-thinking plan that incorporates STEAM, sustainability, global citizenship and a commitment to experiential and service learning practices that take advantage of Chiapas’ and Mexico’s rich cultural, anthropological, geographic and ecological diversity. We are expanding our IB program into the Upper School as part of a drive for excellence with the goal to become the premier international dual language school in the southern Mexico-Central American region.
Our school is located in Chiapas, Mexico’s southernmost state and the one with the largest Native population. Rich in biological and anthropological diversity, with colonial towns, Indian villages and Mayan ruins, extraordinary mountain ranges, and the largest tropical rainforest in the region. Tuxtla Gutierrez, the capital of Chiapas, is a safe and fast-growing city of 500,000 with amenities such as malls, movie theaters, restaurants, etc. where you can enjoy sunny skies and warm weather year-round.
What are we looking for?
At the ASFC we are looking for passionate educators who will inspire a love for learning and spark the intellectual curiosity of all our students. Ideal candidates are knowledgeable and smart teachers, who have strong collaboration skills, are flexible and enjoy innovation. We value teachers who build student-centered classrooms where students are actively engaged in their learning process and are encouraged to grow as independent, respectful, responsible, and active citizens. A growth mindset, grit, and the ability to use feedback and self-reflection to improve are essential characteristics of all the ASFC’s educators.
• Develop and teach a highly engaging, inquiry-based and academically rigorous curriculum aligned with the International Baccalaureate Primary Years Program and the guidelines of the Mexican Ministry of Education
• Establish a caring and inclusive classroom environment that promotes the ten attributes of the IB Learner Profile
• Employ a progressive approach to support our students’ socio-emotional development, as well as a positive approach to discipline (Responsive Classroom)
• Utilize formal and informal assessment data to monitor teaching and learning progress, and guide differentiated instruction as needed
• Incorporate TIC’s and the “world around us” to provide richer learning experiences
• Plan and lead educational field trips and service learning experiences
• Team up with colleagues in collaborative and interdisciplinary planning that includes project-based units of study
• Participate in Administrative, Grade-Level and Curricular meetings as well as Professional Development opportunities (including Faculty Workshops and IB training) at the beginning and throughout the school year
• Maintain and update all curricular material, grade books, and other school documents as requested
• Develop close relationships with families through a variety of communication channels and parent-teacher conferences
• Other responsibilities to be defined by the Head of School and the Academic Leadership Team
• Bachelor’s Degree in Elementary School or equivalent (higher degree is a plus but not required)
• A minimum of two (2) years of teaching experience (recent graduates who are exceptional candidates will be considered)
• PYP experience is desirable but not required
• Strong commitment towards educational innovation, progressive pedagogy, and experiential education
• Ability to create a challenging and joyful classroom environment
• Ability to efficiently incorporate emergent learning technologies
• Intermediate to high level of Spanish proficiency
• A roll-up your sleeves attitude, a positive outlook and a healthy sense of humor
Compensation and Benefits
• Salary is commensurate with qualifications, experience, and the cost of living in the State of Chiapas
• Fully furnished individual or shared apartment in a complex located in a safe, private small community located on school premises (includes free internet, swimming pool, and other amenities)
• International Baccalaureate and other Professional Development opportunities
• Health insurance
• Yearly Roundtrip flight to/from country of origin
*Housing and Flights are only for international teachers joining us from outside of Mexico
How to Apply
Please send and updated version of your CV, including the contact information of three professional references, and a thoughtful Cover Letter to email@example.com.
Your Cover Letter should explain your qualifications for the position, philosophy of education and why would you like to join our school and live in Tuxtla Gutierrez, Chiapas.
Finalists residing in Tuxtla Gutierrez will be invited for an in-person interview and demo lesson. Finalist living abroad will be asked to submit a short (15-20 minutes) teaching video.
For additional information, please visit www.americanschool.edu.mx
|Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg|
Dave's ESL Cafe International Job Board is maintained by Dave Sperling with WebBBS 4.33.