|Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg|
AMERICAN OR CANADIAN SKYPE ONLINE ENGLISH TEACHERS- WORK FROM HOME! YOU MUST RESIDE IN SOUTH EAST ASIA, CENTRAL OR SOUTH AMERICA- NO CLASS PREP! MOTIVATED ADULT STUDENTS
Posted By: English Tutor Online <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: Monday, 2 June 2014, at 10:19 a.m.
Thank you for reading the information below before filling out your ETO teacher application form.
About ETO- English tutor Online:
ETO- English tutor Online is a North American online ESL conversation School. We teach live English conversation classes to students from all over the world. We work with people and organizations, to transform lives & create opportunities. Our English classes are conducted over Skype and ETO teachers work from home.
Our ETO teachers:
ETO has one of the highest satisfaction rates in the industry of online English lessons because:
- All teachers are native speakers from North America or the UK & have teaching experience.
- Our ETO teachers are more than teachers; they are mentors and partners, helping our students achieve their career, education & life goals. Students and teachers take the journey together and a real partnership is key to our success.
- ETO hires only amazing teachers who understand and want to help other human beings learn English. Our teachers are truly our core product.
- Exciting, lively, passionate & modern teachers are hired at ETO. Teachers create an atmosphere of support that gives students the confidence to speak English.
ETO has a strong and dynamic teachersí team. We like to create a positive atmosphere of teamwork and collaboration in which teachers are responsible and clear about guidelines and consistent in their teaching approach.
- The compensation is $12 US/hour + up to $1/hour in bonuses
- Payment is made via PayPal on the 1st and 15th of every month. ETO pays the Paypal transfer fees.
- Opportunities for growth within the company and to get involved in different projects as teacher training and writing for our Facebook page, blog, newsletters, e-books and so on. Also, initial and ongoing commissions are paid out to teachers when referring to ETO individual and organizations for English classes.
- 20 hours/week on average. Possibility of teaching up to 30 teaching hours/week depending on your availability. Please note that you will start at 10 hours and build up your hours.
- No class preparation is required, we provide the teaching material.
- Motivated and respectful adult students.
- American, Canadian and British native English speakers.
- Have experience teaching English.
- Good knowledge of the English grammar and ability to give clear and concise explanations.
- Passionate, patient, professional, positive teachers who create an atmosphere of support that gives students the confidence to express themselves in English; teachers able to engage in conversation, as these are conversation classes.
- Organized, responsible, demonstrate good judgment and initiative, since teachers work from home.
- ETO likes to retain the services of teachers who display strong work ethics, trust, expertise, punctuality and attention to details.
- Good typing skills, as you will need to give learners quick written feedback using Skype.
- Have a computer, a headset with built-in microphone, a webcam and a stable Internet connection (minimum of 2 MPBS).
- Be available to teach a minimum of 20 hours/week.
- ***Since the job training is lengthy please apply only if you are able to commit to a minimum of a year (ideally 2 to 3 years). Please note that the training is paid in full but the initial 20 hours is paid once successfully completing the 6 month probation period.
If this position interests you and you fit the above requirements thank you for filling out the application form below and attaching your resume and a recent photo.
PLEASE COPY AND PASTE THE APPLICATION BELOW TO THE BODY OF YOUR EMAIL:
Your Skype ID?
Where are you currently residing?
In which country will you be living over the next year (for time zone purposes)?
Availability (NY time):
When would you be available to start?
Do you currently have a job?
Will you keep your current job and also work for ETO?
If so, how many hours are you currently working?
What is your schedule like (NY time)?
What is the minimum number of hours/week that you are available to teach?
What is the ideal number of hours/week that you would like to teach?
What is the maximum number of hours/week that you are available to teach?
NY time, do you prefer teaching morning, afternoon or evening classes?
What would be your ideal schedule (NY time)?
Are you available on Saturdays?
Are you available on Sundays?
Are you available 5 days a week?
How many days a week can you teach?
Are you available for a split shift, morning AND evening NY time?
** If not, please let us know your detailed availability (days and time- NY time).
Do you understand that this is a 20 hours/week position?
Do you have any vacation/trip planned over the next 6 months?
Education and experience:
Degree(s) and certification(s) and years graduated:
How many different companies/schools have you worked for in the past 5 years?
Please mention the name of the companies and schools where you worked at in the last 5 years, the time you worked there and the reason for leaving:
How many years experience do you have teaching English?
Do you have experience with proofreading?
Do you have experience teaching test preparation?
Others? If so, please specify:
Are you able to commit for a minimum of a year (as the job training is very lengthy; the training is paid in full but the initial 20 hour of training is paid once you have successfully completed the 6 month probation period)?
Have you ever worked from home?
Have you ever taught English online?
Why would you like to teach over Skype?
Do you prefer working from home or at a school and why?
Describe your teaching approach?
3 strong points:
3 things you would like to improve:
Do you have good knowledge of the English grammar and ability to give clear and concise explanations?
Do you have good typing skills?
Do you have a reliable internet connection?
Please give us the Download speed (not the upload) from: www.speedtest.net
How often are there power outages and for how long do they usually last?
Do you understand that the hourly pay rate is $12.00 to $13.00 USD?
Do you understand that for quality control classes at ETO are recorded?
Do you understand that we canít provide a work visa, health insurance nor paid vacation time?
Do you understand that applicants must be available for a minimum of a year (ideally 2 or 3 years) since the training is very lengthy and that the first 20 hours of training are paid only after completing the 6 month probation period?
Have you attached your resume and a recent photo?
Thank you for taking the time to fill out the ETO application form.
*** We unfortunately canít accept calls or applications other than via the email listed below. Please note that we will only contact selected applicants.
The ETO team- English Tutor Online
|Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg|
Dave's ESL Cafe International Job Board is maintained by Dave Sperling with WebBBS 4.33.