|Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg|
San Francisco Unified School District Classroom Teacher and Teacher on Special Assignment Positions– All Grades 2014-2015 School Year
Posted By: San Francisco Unified School District <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: Thursday, 10 April 2014, at 8:15 p.m.
Teach and Lead in San Francisco! As a San Francisco public school educator, you will have the opportunity to work with a diverse group of students alongside supportive and talented colleagues. You will be an integral part of the district’s effort to ensure that every student who enrolls in our schools will graduate ready for college, career, and life.
The San Francisco Unified School District’s strategic plan, “Impact Learning. Impact Lives.” places access and equity, student achievement, and accountability at the forefront of every child’s education. The ideas and actions in the plan focus on one central idea: every child has the right to be well-educated. SFUSD hires teachers and other credentialed professionals who are committed to delivering rigorous instruction to all students, continuous learning and improvement, creating a culturally responsive classroom environment, and building meaningful connections with families and the community.
SFUSD is committed to attracting and retaining the best educators in the nation. Benefits of teaching in San Francisco include:
• Competitive salaries determined by experience, education level, and credentials
• Comprehensive medical, vision, and dental insurance for teachers and their eligible dependents
• City and state programs for housing assistance:
o Teacher Next Door Program: http://sf-moh.org/index.aspx?page=287
• Extra Credit Home Purchase Program: http://www.treasurer.ca.gov/cdlac/applications/applications.asp?app=ecthpp
• Additional salary stipend of $5000 for National Board Certified teachers and
• Additional salary stipend of $2000 for credentialed teachers teaching in high need schools and a $500 stipend for teachers teaching high need subject areas.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
In accordance with the California Standards of the Teaching Profession, teachers work under the supervision of site or central office administrators and in collaboration with their school staff, families and community, and are responsible for the fulfillment of the essential duties set forth below:
1. Support School-Wide Academic Performance Goals
2. Deliver Rigorous Instruction to all Students
3. Develop a Culturally Responsive Classroom Environment
4. Improve Standards of Practice for Self and Colleagues
5. Build Connections with Families and Community to Support Student Learning
6. Other duties as assigned by the principal and/or school site administrators
The length of the work year for all teachers is 181 days of service, except department heads and deans/head counselors have 186 days of service. Principal expectations regarding teaching customs vary by school site. You may access and read individual school profiles and academic plans at the following link: www.sfusd.edu/schools.
• Possession of a valid California Teaching Credential (our out-of-state equivalent) in the appropriate content area and English Learner certificate (ELA, CLAD, or BCLAD) as required by SFUSD Board Policy
Please note that the first day of work for teachers is August 12, 2014.
• Go to: www.sfusd.edu/jobs
• Create an account and complete an application. Applications generally take 1-2 hours to complete. SFUSD looks very carefully at the entire application, including the 3 short answer questions
• Go to the “Jobs” tab to view and apply for specific openings.
• Please check back often to connect your application to specific openings as they are posted.
• Applicants will be contacted based on the needs of the district and current selection criteria.
For more information about SFUSD’s mission and Strategic Plan please visit: http://www.sfusd.edu/en/about-sfusd/strategic-plans-and-projects.html
For other questions, contact us at email@example.com
San Francisco Unified School District is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment. It is SFUSD’s policy that all programs, activities, and practices shall be free from discrimination based on actual or perceived race, color, ancestry, national origin, ethnic group identification, age, religion, marital or parental status, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, or gender expression; or on the basis of a person’s association with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics. If you believe you have been discriminated against, immediately contact the school site principal and/or Executive Director of the Office of Equity, Ruth Diep, at (415) 355-7334 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg|
Dave's ESL Cafe International Job Board is maintained by Dave Sperling with WebBBS 4.33.