About the Adventure
If you are interested in teaching in Hong Kong, this is an opportunity that you cannot pass up. The Hong Kong Education Bureau is looking for 40 native-English speaking teachers to teach in primary and secondary schools throughout Hong Kong. The annual salary ranges from 279,420 to 567,480 HKD ($36,000 to $73,200 USD) depending on teaching experience and qualifications. Each teacher will be provided with a monthly housing allowance, as well as entry and exit reimbursed airfare. In-person interviews will be held in Toronto, Canada (February 24-28, 2014), and New York, USA (March 3-7, 2014). Apply through Footprints Recruiting today.
Here are even more reasons to take your career on a field trip:
- Live in a colorful, vibrant city that never sleeps.
- Contribute to school-based curriculum development and teacher training.
- Gain more experience in a very solid public education system.
- Save a lot of money. Hong Kong has one of the lowest income taxes in the world.
What are you waiting for?
Apply today and get started on this amazing journey.
In-person interviews taking place in February and March 2014:
- Toronto - February 24 - 28, 2014
- New York - March 3 - 7, 2014
- Start Date:
- August 16th 2014
- Duration of contract:
- 2 years
- Monday - Friday
- Reimbursed for up to 5 family members
- Monthly housing allowance of 16,859 HKD (2,175 USD)
- 23,285 - 47,290 HKD(3,000 - 6,100 USD)
- Up to 1,400 HKD (single applicant) or 5,400 HKD (family)
- As per Hong Kong school year
- Must be a native English speaker
- For primary education:
- Bachelor's degree with primary education teaching certification and TEFL/TESOL qualification
- For secondary education:
- Bachelor's degree in English with secondary education teaching certification, at least 1 year post grad. teaching experience
- TEFL Primary:
- TEFL/TESOL qualification with min. 100 contact hours and teaching practicum required (certificate level), or an equivalent course of study
- TEFL Secondary:
- TEFL/TESOL qualification prefered but not required