|Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg|
Teachers Needed in Dili Timor-Leste (East Timor)
Posted By: Ba Futuru <email@example.com>
Date: Sunday, 17 November 2013, at 11:50 a.m.
The vision of NGO Ba Futuru, established in 2004, is to transform mistrust and violence into peace and self-directed growth by supporting the people of Timor-Leste to create a positive future for themselves, their families and their communities. Ba Futuru's mission is to contribute to peace-building and sustainable human development by facilitating the psychosocial recovery of conflict-affected, vulnerable and at-risk children and youth. We seek to achieve this by developing the knowledge, skills and values of community leaders, young people and their carers in the areas of human rights, childrenís rights, child protection and non-violent conflict transformation. Ba Futuruís activities are founded on the principles of mutual learning, capacity development, artistic self-expression and the rights of the child.
Ba Futuru is seeking a full time professional with relevant expertise and experience in early childhood education for its Early Childhood Development Initiative (ECDI).
Ba Futuru has started this initiative in October 2012. It consists of an early childhood education facility open to children 3 to 5 years old and regular trainings for educators and care-takers of young children in Timor-Leste. With this, Ba Futuru promotes childrenís holistic development and well-being based on play-based learning and a whole-school approach.
Ba Futuru seeks to increase access and quality of early childhood education in Timor-Leste. To achieve these objective, Ba Futuru not only provides training to educators and care-takers, but is also involved in developing and improving public policies and programs in early childhood education.
A primary part of this position is to teach morning lessons at Ba Futuruís preschool and teacher mentoring facility. The Preschool consists of Timorese and International full fee paying and scholarship students. The maximum capacity for the classroom is 15 students and the teacher will receive excellent support from Timorese teachers, teacher assistants and care taking staff. We aim to provide top quality education to the students while modeling to staff appropriate engagement with students, activity presentation and English language classes.
This position will also work with the early childhood development initiative-team consisting of national and international staff and report directly to Ba Futuruís International Program Manager and National Director. He/She will be responsible for developing and monitoring the quality of early childhood education provided in Ba Futuruís Early Childhood Education Facility (which is both a preschool and an educator mentoring facility) and itsí trainings, reviewing and/or writing publications, proposals and reports as required by donors and the organization itself and represent Ba Futuru as valuable and skilled partner in early childhood education in meetings and working groups with governmental and non-governmental organizations.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Model top-notch teaching practices with children at Ba Futuruís preschool, providing them with quality care and social, emotional and cognitive development
- Develop and monitor the quality of Ba Futuruís early childhood education facility by providing constant supervision, capacity building and positive role modeling to engaged educators
- Develop and monitor the quality of Ba Futuruís early childhood education training
- Understand and work with the government and other stakeholders to overcome challenges related to early childhood education and development in Timor-Leste
- Manage project-related tasks
- Develop and/or review publications, proposals and reports for donors, the organization and other audiences
- Develop and maintain positive partnerships with relevant actors, such as donor agencies, governmental and non-governmental organisations
Experience and skills:
- Degree in early childhood education
- At least two years of relevant work experience in an early childhood education setting
- Excellent English-skills
- Excellent negotiation-skills
- A commitment to Ba Futuruís mission and values
- A commitment to non-violence and human rights
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently as part of a multilingual and multicultural team
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently with limited time and resources
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure
- Ability to troubleshoot, improvise and think strategically and creatively
- Ability to work independently and to facilitate collaboratively
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule and travel to rural areas when needed for trainings
- Good written and spoken communication skills
Other Preferred Skills (but not required):
- Work experience in a developing and/or post-conflict-country, preferably in Timor-Leste
- Work experience in project coordination
- Demonstrated experience providing technical assistance to early childhood development initiatives
- Ability to develop trainings and workshops on topics of early childhood education and care
- Ability to communicate well in Tetun
- Ba Futuru will provide the successful candidate with between $2,500-$3,000 USD salary per month depending on relevant experience, which is appropriate to provide the candidate with a comfortable standard of living in Timor Leste.
- Ba Futuru will provide the successful candidate with a yearly stipend to cover health insurance and the cost of one return flight per year.
Please submit a cover letter including details on salary requirements, a detailed description of your background in the above areas, and a resume or CV, with contact information for three references to:
Ba Futuru, Attn: Sierra James, Co-Founder via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
CV should be no longer than three pages with no additional attachments.
This position will remain open until filled.
Women and minorities are strongly encouraged to apply.
|Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg|
Dave's ESL Cafe International Job Board is maintained by Dave Sperling with WebBBS 4.33.