About the Opportunity
A group of private high schools (grades 7-11) is looking for certified North American teachers to teach English. Located in Taipei, this job will require you to adapt to the fast-paced lifestyle of the big city in Taipei. Taiwan is a booming country with several large cities and features a year-round warm climate with spectacular mountain backdrops.
For these positions we're looking to hire energetic teachers who can keep up with the ever fast-paced lifestyle of Taiwanese society and its people. High school students will have varying levels of English proficiency, but all will be very tech savy and it's a plus if you as a teacher can keep up with the latest developments in mobile devices and internet; it will help you find common ground with your students.
- Experience a mixture of ancient culture in a high-tech city
- Taiwan is a true melting pot with all the flavours of China and East Asia present
- No snow! Located in the tropical climate zone, the weather is warm year round
- Taipei is the most famous and interesting city in Taiwan, albeit not the largest. It's home to a large expat population making it easy to make friends!
About teaching in Taiwan
Teachers in Taiwan work 22 classes per week and may occasionally work another 8 office/prep hours. This is a private school chain held in high regard. The cost of living in Taiwan is only slightly higher than in mainland China, which means that as a teacher you can live very comfortably and save up some money to take home.
Taiwan is a favourite vacation spot for teachers working in Korea because of the climate, friendly people and great beaches. From Taipei you have a large number of low-cost flights connecting Taiwan with other parts of Asia - if you want to take a vacation you can easily hop over to Thailand or Malaysia.
Footprints Recruiting is the oldest and most recognized name for teaching jobs in Asia. Given our extensive experience working with governments and academic institutions throughout the region, it's not surprising these reputable schools entrusted Footprints with teaching recruitment. For teachers by teachers, we know what it's like to travel abroad and we will support you every step of the way from Application to Airport!
- 1 year contract
- Monday to Friday
- School type:
- Private high school
- One-way airfare reimbursed
- No housing provided
- NTD 60,000 at start; NTD 70,000 after probationary period
- Full health insurance provided
- 20 days paid vacation per year
- Must be a native English speaker
- Must be citizen of Canada or the United States
- Bachelor's degree required
- 2 years' teaching experience required
- Teaching certification required
After clicking "Apply Now" and submitting an application, one of our recruiting specialists will schedule a screening interview on the phone.