|Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg|
ESL Instructor is needed for British Columbia Certified School in 2013-2014 - Preference will be given for candidates who reside in Qatar
Posted By: Hayat Universal School, Qatar <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: Saturday, 25 May 2013, at 1:29 p.m.
Hayat Universal School, Qatar
ESL Instructor is needed for British Columbia Certified School in 2013-2014 - Preference will be given for candidates who reside in Qatar.
Overview:Hayat Universal School (HUBS) Qatar is a BC Certified school in Doha, Qatar. We are seeking to hire an ESL Instructor for our Student Support Program for the year 2013-2014. The ESL Instructor works under the supervision of the Student Support Program Head assessing and teaching students one-to-one and in small groups and may deliver sessions for a class based on the needs identified jointly with the Program Head and in coordination with the Classroom Teachers.
Email your resume and cover letter to:
email@example.com. In the Subject field, please insert "ESL Instructor on Dave's"
One or two year contract may be offered.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Starting salary can range from 30,000 - 39,000 USD annually for bachelor degree holders with a recognized ESL training certificate, depending on experience
- Salary is tax free. There are no income taxes in Qatar
- End of service benefit at the rate of 70 % of one-month’s gross salary for every full year of service
- Annual economy round-trip air fare to point of origin at the time of summer vacation
- Local private medical insurance
- School will arrange and bear the Qatar government fee of your visa, work permit and national identification.
Candidate Profile and Qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s degree. Linguistics majors will be given preference.
- ESL Teaching Certification such as TESL, TEFL and CELTA from a recognized institution with a duration of minimum 100 hours.
- 3+ years ESL experience, preferably in Elementary schools.
- Native English speaker.
- Proven ability to effectively work with children and adults in a pleasant and cooperative manner.
- Perform responsibilities and tasks timely, accurately and with great attention to detail.
- Proactive with a positive attitude.
- Able to operate with minimal supervision and self motivated.
- Works safely and establishes a safe environment; reacts quickly in emergency situations to maximize children safety.
- Transferrable Qatar residency.
Hayat Universal School (HUBS) Qatar is a British Columbia Certified Offshore School (fully accredited by the BC Ministry of Education). This is the link to the BC Certified Offshore Schools:
The Ministry thoroughly inspects our school every year. For example, inspectors look into BC program year plans, instructional time, instructional methods, admission system, integrity of promotion and registration process, support services, school policies, safety and supervision plans, student and staff records, teacher and principal certification and hiring practices, learning resources, facilities and school licensing.
Although the school offers bilingual/bi-cultural education with an Arabic Program that implements the Qatar National Curriculum, the main program is the BC program with the majority of the instructional time dedicated for this program (80% in K and 74% starting Grade 1)
The school started in 2009-2010 with KG1 - Grade 3 and has been adding a grade every year with the movement of students to higher grades. It will be offering up to Grade 7 in 2013-2014. The purpose of this approach is to make the lower grades the main point of entry to the school and to keep transfers in the higher primary and intermediate grades to the minimum.
To graduate from our school, students will have to successfully complete the requirements of the British Columbia graduation program in English. Graduates receive the British Columbia Certificate of Graduation (Dogwood Diploma).
From 190 students in its first year (2009-2010), the school has grown to 820 students in 2012-2013, with 610 enrolled in the BC Program, which starts at KG2. The remaining students are registered in our Early Childhood Program (KG1 Beginner and KG1). The school's reputation and its remarkable success are attributed to its bilingual program, the world-class BC program it implements and the quality and dedication of the school team of teachers and administrators who make these programs a success. The students are predominantly Qataris and ESL learners. The school Early Childhood Grades (KG1 Beginner and KG1) prepare students for the BC Program. English is the main language of instruction in these grades. Their curriculum dovetails with the BC curriculum.
HUBS Qatar is the culmination of the vision and experience of a renowned psychologist and educator in the Middle East. Parents, teachers and BC inspectors sense the community that prevails in the school. This year (2012-2013), the school team of educators includes 35 classroom teachers (28 Canadians, 7 of German, British, American, South Korean, Indian, and Filipino nationalities) and 15 Arab teachers who deliver the Arabic Program. The school is supported by a team of teaching assistants. Each KG1 - Grade 2 class is assigned a teaching assistant. The higher elementary grades share four teaching assistants.
Get a feel of our school! Visit the photo gallery on our website to see pictures of staff, students and facilities!
|Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg|
Dave's ESL Cafe International Job Board is maintained by Dave Sperling with WebBBS 4.33.